User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post
    I'm not on here to make friends.
    here to win?

Welcome back, Sim. Always keep them wanting more.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Welcome back.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

[YOUTUBE="YVkUvmDQ3HY"]Yep.[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

^ Very nice.

Welcome back, Sim-n-Em.

Edit: "Lose Yourself" is one of my favorite rap songs ever, and I have impeccable taste in music. "I been chewed up and spit out and booed off stage." <-- I know what that feels like. Also... "I've got to formulate a plot or end up in jail or shot..." <-- I know what that feels like too.

Edit 2: That track ("Without Me") is so good I just ripped it. Is that wrong?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Interesting write-ups.

I'm glad you wrote those misconceptions. I do think people fall into the pop psychology traps easily. Especially with the 'borderline P/J' situation: the functions and their order are what matter and should be more of a factor in determining type. Also I love that you wrote about Dom-Ter loops. No one ever properly explains that stuff and it has long confused me.

On the Fi function description, one point:

The ability to express one's personal feelings and inner self freely and maintain a strong sense of personal uniqueness and individuality is of utmost importance to Fi. (It's also important to Ti, but for different reasons and in different contexts.) I have found that many Fi users dislike typology in general because they feel that "putting people into boxes" suppresses their sense of personal identity, and that people are too unique to be categorized so easily.
    I think there's more to it than this. I've heard Fi described as extreme subjectivity, which renders it naturally resistant to objective methods of organizing things. If you see yourself with such subjective complexity, a box will never seem sufficient to encapsulate your personality. This is not to say Fi Doms are actually more unique but that Fi focuses on intricate personal details so intently, this then dilutes any commonalities with endless dissimilarities and people appear snowflake-like, and thus 'uncategorisable'. This is not just limited to personality, I have a general problem with comparing and contrasting things such as music and movies too.
    P.S.,

ESTP for Harry Potter is still the #1 worst type read I've ever heard.
    LOL. Yeah, thats pretty bad. He's definitely an F, for starters.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    tl;dr
    If this were personalitycafe I would click the "thanks" button on your post. It's like public rep in one easy click!

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Thinker View Post
    Is that wrong?
    Well I dunno, Ms. Fi dom, why don't you tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I think there's more to it than this. I've heard Fi described as extreme subjectivity, which renders it naturally resistant to objective methods of organizing things. If you see yourself with such subjective complexity, a box will never seem sufficient to encapsulate your personality. This is not to say Fi Doms are actually more unique but that Fi focuses on intricate personal details so intently, this then dilutes any commonalities with endless dissimilarities and people appear snowflake-like, and thus 'uncategorisable'. This is not just limited to personality, I have a general problem with comparing and contrasting things such as music and movies too.
    Great post, thank you. That's an interesting point. I think it's more or less what I was trying to say, just in more precise terms.

I suspect that there are two causes of this:

A) That Ti and Fi are not focused on the same aspects of people (so one sees and emphasizes similarities that the other either doesn't notice or doesn't consider important), and
    B) Fi users consider categorization in Te terms, so they want any categories to be objectively verifiable, empirically evident and static according to collective standards for impersonal ideas. They don't seem to recognize that Ti categories are neither static nor objectively measurable because they describe only blueprints and not real processes with measurable truth/falsehood. They're more continually evolving overarching explanations for the frameworks of everything, but they're constantly subtly adjusted every time we gain new information.

Ti is really just as subjective as Fi! It's just not ethics-focused in most cases.

Consider that as we move away from an introverted perspective and toward an extroverted one, we sacrifice depth and precision in order to gain breadth and broader/more externally realistic applicability. So Te only uses categories insofar as they can be applied consistently and unflinchingly across many contexts, and in order to achieve this they sacrifice some depth and precision. Te users dislike the degree to which Ti will emphasize its own personal experience in its formulation of categories, because when those categories are constantly changed and updated in order to reflect reality in total completeness and depth in real time, there's no way they can have yet passed through the Te process of objective verification and collective consensus; therefore, since they seem to work fully and reliably only for the Ti user himself, they have no objective value. Ti constantly states, "I think", but Te users do not value a Thinking idea until it has had time to work its way into the Te-friendly, "We think", and thus comes off as too speculative and insistent upon an unrealistic degree of precision.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    LOL. Yeah, thats pretty bad. He's definitely an F, for starters.
    ^_^
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

I came.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    I came.
    How Ni of you; you will get a proportionately Ne answer:

I saw.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    How Ni of you; you will get a proportionately Ne answer:

I saw.
    Would the Si answer be I did?

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Can Te do a robot attack?
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...