There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

INFPs and INTPs are both awesome, as far as I'm concerned. Welcome!

MBTI
    ENTP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Hello!

have some welcome points!

what type of music do you like?
    My favourite artists are the Beatles, Nick Drake, Muse, Coldplay, Queen, The Decemberists, Panda Bear, David Bowie, Blood, Sweat and Tears, and The Who.

Sort of a real mixed bag of old and new stuff. I love acoustic style songs, and big harmonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowey1210 View Post
    have INTP tendencies
    My condolences.

I'm a pretty lazy poster on these sort of things, I generally only comment when something engages me.
    They just don't make posters like they used to.

Interested in Science particularly Biological/Evolutionary/Anthropological type stuff.
    What do you think of this quote then?

Modern civilization has interfered with the human biological need to hibernate in the winter.

MBTI
    ENTP

Modern civilization has interfered with the human biological need to hibernate in the winter.
    I'm going to sit on the fence here a bit and say that it is indeed possible. Assuming that Humans were able to hibernate in an earlier form, the environmental variables inherent within modern civilization would invariablely impact upon such a primal instinct.

Simple inventions such as the light bulb, and central heating have interferred with a natural process that humans cannot consciously control. The Human brain is not (yet) clever enough at an instinctual level to be able to recognise that artificial light and artificial heat does not necessarily indicate that it is the season of "Summer". Thus ensuring that the cognitive processes of hibernation arn't triggered. (Light has been found to be an important factor in human psychology, affecting mood, sleep, etc.)

Additionally because humans aren't all hunter-gatherers anymore, there is no large seasonal shift in food production. Fruits can be grown in greenhouses, meat obtained when required by farmers. Perhaps it is dangerous for us to exude such control over nature, but in the modern world it seems possible. The globalised nature of the world also means that there is no longer a need to be disrupted by a season, that season can come to you either through travel, else through export.

Yeah, so that's what I think coming from a still relatively naive intellectual perspective. Great Question.

Excellent analysis!

The quote was said by me when I was home on winter break during high school many years ago. I had way too much time to think.

I'm going to sit on the fence here a bit and say that it is indeed possible. Assuming that Humans were able to hibernate in an earlier form, the environmental variables inherent within modern civilization would invariablely impact upon such a primal instinct.

Simple inventions such as the light bulb, and central heating have interferred with a natural process that humans cannot consciously control. The Human brain is not (yet) clever enough at an instinctual level to be able to recognise that artificial light and artificial heat does not necessarily indicate that it is the season of "Summer". Thus ensuring that the cognitive processes of hibernation arn't triggered. (Light has been found to be an important factor in human psychology, affecting mood, sleep, etc.)

Additionally because humans aren't all hunter-gatherers anymore, there is no large seasonal shift in food production. Fruits can be grown in greenhouses, meat obtained when required by farmers. Perhaps it is dangerous for us to exude such control over nature, but in the modern world it seems possible. The globalised nature of the world also means that there is no longer a need to be disrupted by a season, that season can come to you either through travel, else through export.

Yeah, so that's what I think coming from a still relatively naive intellectual perspective. Great Question.

MBTI
    INTP

hello

hmmmm evolution and good music

I am impressed
    work smarter, not harder

MBTI
    INTP

Smile Hallo there.

Hi everyone. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and having some interesting discussions. Cheers!

Bit about me:
    Have tested as an INFP, but have INTP tendencies.
    I love exploring the meaning in things however it's always important for it to be in context.
    I'm a pretty lazy poster on these sort of things, I generally only comment when something engages me.
    Generally optimistic, see life in terms of thinks to come don't like to dwell on the past too much.
    Interested in Science particularly Biological/Evolutionary/Anthropological type stuff.
    Love Music, lost count of the amount of CDs that I own.

That'll Do.
    I'm rather the opposite as far as testing: INTP with INFP tendencies AT TIMES haha
    I like delving in to the meaning of things too...however, I take things out of context often.
    The third thing - yes and no. Lazy - DEFINITELY me. Only posting on enraging topics...not so me. I dig into to anything that can give some kind of insight, even if the topic is completely in opposition to my way of seeing things.
    I'm negative...on purpose...I usually know the outcome of a situation, actually that's VERY often. I think it helps me to make up for not having the emotion to handle situations...which in the end is highly stressful! =[ haha! I dwell on the past only if the present has evoked it..then i seem to need to use the past to help me presently ??? Other than that...I think highly into the future in an attempt to claw for a sense of control of myself...never works.
    Interested in: THE ARTS, mostly visual Politics...but not in that, "I hate who's running for this" sense. I mean I guess I like sociology..or exploring the psyche of the society as a whole. I really like astrology...and I can often see ties between the MBTI and the zodiac [western].
    I love music too...yet I tend to ignore the artists most populated in my itunes library ??? I guess that's because I want to make them more special? Jun Seba [Nujabes...Gosh that name trick is clever!] is my main man for the Hip Hop beats area.

I'm idiosyncratic (let's pray that I finally understand the word)...use ellipses often...??? and I work against myself to achieve understanding.

Detached to the point that EVERYONE says I'm cruel, mean, cold hearted, etc. I don't agree...I always care...well, on the inside. =]

As an INTP...I feel that I always set my own traps. Always ignoring what's vital in order to succeed. HAHAHA!

I compare myself to a snapping turtle sometimes ???, along with many other things, haha. If attacked I'll lash back...but in general, I like to chill in my shell...I do a bit of roaming, but I like to stay close to home with my ideas. ???
    ??? means I am not sure...that's often!!!

...I like to run as a ventilation exercise Hmmm.
    Hello everyone - or someone
    Last edited by Frauken; 01-25-2008 at 12:22 AM.