User Tag List

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default What color is the sky?

Hi, I'm paradigm-shift. Some of you may know me on the socionics forum as warrior-librarian or the on the enneagram forum as outlier.

Just thought I'd let you know I'm here.

Some of the personality typing labels I've collected for myself:

Enneagram: 5w6 so/sp (2w1 and 9w1 trifixes)
    Socionics: LII/INTj, intuitive subtype
    MBTI: INtp?
    Big Five: RxaoI (High introversion, average neuroticism, medium-high aggreableness, medium-high conscientiousness, high inquisitiveness)
    Temperament: Phlegmatic/Melancholy
    Alignment: Neutral good
    Oldham: Solitary, Conscientious, Vigilant, Sensitive
    Holland Code: ISA (Investigative primary, social secondary, artistic tertiary)
    Astrological Sign: Aquarius (I don't believe in astrology but some people want to know those things)

What's confusing is the MBTI part. I know I have strong introversion and intuition. But the last two letters swing back and forth. I identify alot with the INTP type and from a functional standpoint, I identify alot with TiNe but I seem to have alot more judging and feeling than the typical INTP. On online MBTI tests, I seem to cycle between INFJ/INTJ/INTP/INFP.

I posed this question on another forum and most seemed to think I was an INTP in spite of things that seem contradictory. But that was on an enneagram forum and I want to get perspective from a more MBTI oriented forum. So in another post, I'll explain some of the confusion I've been having in more detail.

I'm also pretty confident I'm a socionics INTj, which is supposedly similar to a Myers-Briggs INTP. Yet I know of people who have socionics and MBTI types that are not all that related. Socionics and MBTI do describe the information elements and the dichotomies somewhat differently.

Its been said that on the Big Five, conscientiousness correlates with J and agreeables with F. I typically score medium-high on those two traits, which I think would be more common with MBTI feelers and judgers.

When registering for this forum, I laughed when I saw the question "What color is the sky?" I know these forums typically attract alot of intuitive types who question common sense replies. I know the common sense reply is blue, which I gave but I kept thinking of all these alternative answers that would have been acceptable. Why not white? The clouds in the sky look white. If the sky is overcast, sometimes it looks more gray. And what about all those shades of purple, orange, and pink at sunrise/sunset? Or in the middle of the night when the sky is pitch black? And the sky isn't just one shade of blue either. And so on.

Phantonym

BLUE!

Welcome!

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Niicce to meet ya. Nice profile you've got goin' there
    Anything that you haven't fought for isn't going to be appreciated. It takes blood, sweat, and a large amount of tears before you appreciate what you have.

The sky is actually blue over here where I am its nice because its usually greyish. Are you in Los Angeles? Anyway, welcome!!!!!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    I__P
    Enneagram
    4 sp

The sky is red in all the beautiful worlds ...fine, not always.

(ok...wat)

Hmm you seem like a very interesting person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Teh annoying/boring.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm-shift View Post

When registering for this forum, I laughed when I saw the question "What color is the sky?" I know these forums typically attract alot of intuitive types who question common sense replies. I know the common sense reply is blue, which I gave but I kept thinking of all these alternative answers that would have been acceptable. Why not white? The clouds in the sky look white. If the sky is overcast, sometimes it looks more gray. And what about all those shades of purple, orange, and pink at sunrise/sunset? Or in the middle of the night when the sky is pitch black? And the sky isn't just one shade of blue either. And so on.
    Hi paradigm-shift

Welcome!

I am on break from class and I love this question!!

I teach digital graphics and use a similar question when teaching colour perception & theory, ink and colour for print and screen - What colour is Avocado?
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    I__P
    Enneagram
    4 sp

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm-shift View Post
    What the hell, I somehow didn't see that part of your post at all, I just assumed somehow that people were just responding to the title of the thread, which seemed reminiscent of something fairly recent...
    Yes, I did too laugh at that question upon registering, for the same exact reason. ...so you're in my poor company on this one. Sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Teh annoying/boring.