User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: n00b

MBTI
    INFJ

At the risk of being bashed by the whole forum, the MBTI isn't a perfect representation of the human psyche. I'll admit, it's a great map, but the map isn't the territory. A lot of times it's a great tool, but in others, it could just get in the way. Whatever creates the great dynamic between you and your friend must be pretty suhweet. (^_^)

-A[lchemist]
    "Je ne craignais pas de mourir
    Mais de mourir sans etre illumine."

"I was not afraid to die,
    But to die without being enlightened."

-Comte de Saint-Germain, La Tres Sainte-Trinisophie

MBTI
    ISTJ

Hi Christy, and welcome. I am new here myself!

MBTI
    GONE

Welcome! It's so nice to have an ESTJ, and a female one at that!

And don't worry, I think ESTJ can get a bad rap but many people say good things about ESTJs as well. There's a thread or two about that on the forums if you want to check it out. I know I'd be interested in your feedback.

MBTI
    INTj

Welcome.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I don't think ESTJs are necessarily humorless, conformist and inconsiderate. ESTJs might not always be the most in touch with their feelings, but they are very good with the social niceties and general getting-along-ness, in my experience.

Welcome.
    I agree. I like ESTJs a lot. Go-getters, energetic, fearless, and the ESTJs I know all have a great sense of humor.

Welcome!

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Welcome to the nuthouse.

You don't have to fit every last syllable of one person's description to be that type. It's really more how you prefer to take in the information, use it and disseminate it to others.
    I like this way of looking at it, rather than it being a hard-and-fast guideline for How I Am. ESTJness is definitely how I see the world and relate my perceptions to others, even if I don't fit the (business-suit-wearing, hypercritical) stereotype.
    Thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Super pleased to have you, Christy! One of my wackiest girlfriends was an ESTJ. She was hilarious!

Hope you enjoy your stay here!
    We're hilarious when people GET our humor. Sometimes it flops. :steam: Thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I don't think ESTJs are necessarily humorless, conformist and inconsiderate. ESTJs might not always be the most in touch with their feelings, but they are very good with the social niceties and general getting-along-ness, in my experience.

Welcome.
    I'd say I've definitely become more in touch with my feelings in the last few years, but it's been a DELIBERATE EFFORT to do so. It's a skill I've had to learn, but I feel like I'm a better, more well-rounded person for doing so.
    And, yeah, I've always been told I was friendly-- even bubbly.
    Thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post

Welcome!

Thanks!
    (And there is no need to hide behind the wall. I don't bite )

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    At the risk of being bashed by the whole forum, the MBTI isn't a perfect representation of the human psyche. I'll admit, it's a great map, but the map isn't the territory. A lot of times it's a great tool, but in others, it could just get in the way. Whatever creates the great dynamic between you and your friend must be pretty suhweet. (^_^)

-A[lchemist]
    I agree, it's not a foolproof or error-free system, but it's good shorthand for describing something as complex as personality. I know that I get along with some types better than others, but people are individuals.
    I don't know what creates that dynamic either, but I am always trying to figure it out and deconstruct WHY it works. My INFP friend, on the other hand, essentially just shrugs her shoulders because it just is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Deva View Post
    Hi Christy, and welcome. I am new here myself!
    Welcome to you too, then!

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Welcome! It's so nice to have an ESTJ, and a female one at that!

And don't worry, I think ESTJ can get a bad rap but many people say good things about ESTJs as well. There's a thread or two about that on the forums if you want to check it out. I know I'd be interested in your feedback.
    Yeah, I was a little nervous because I was afraid that the ESTJ reputation had preceded me. I think there's good things and bad things about us, just like any other type. I think that any type can be amazing or annoying, depending on how balanced they are.
    I've never met another female ESTJ. Apparently we're a rare breed. When I think about it more, I remember that I've met ONE. We got along on a surface level but soon found each other annoying.
    Thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Welcome.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    I agree. I like ESTJs a lot. Go-getters, energetic, fearless, and the ESTJs I know all have a great sense of humor.

Welcome!

I'm so feeling the love in here. What you've said is true. Thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Welcome.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by sui generis; 01-05-2008 at 09:39 AM.

Welcome!

Hope to see you in the chatroom... *wink wink*

MBTI
    INFP

Welcome, Christy! I believe the ESTJs that I know... the only way I can describe them is "fearless" (it's a quality that I wish I naturally had!!!) Anyway, I hope you have fun here!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Quote Originally Posted by bai_lin83 View Post
    Welcome!

Hope to see you in the chatroom... *wink wink*
    Ooo, there is a chatroom?!? Oh gods, I don't need another internet addiction!
    Thanks for the welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Welcome, Christy! I believe the ESTJs that I know... the only way I can describe them is "fearless" (it's a quality that I wish I naturally had!!!) Anyway, I hope you have fun here!
    It's interesting to me that people here describe us ESTJs as fearless (I think you're the second to do so in this thread?), because I've been told ALL MY LIFE that I'm brave. I am honest and forthright and I take calculated risks, and I'm interested in all kinds of things, but I've never thought of myself as "brave", only doing what I have to do (to stay sane)! I don't see myself as fearless, naturally, because I live in my head 24/7 and I hear myself second-guessing myself a lot.

Thanks for the welcome!