User Tag List

12 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Michael says "Hi"

I've just recently been introduced to the whole MBTI, and I was stunned by how, well, sort of, or perhaps very accurate it was. At the same time as, well, the way they wrote the description of each personality type just seemed too flattering for me. It seemed unreal, or at least not very fitting for my personality. Especially when they added the famous people list, because I don't want to be compared to people that has been admired by so many people; I'm not admirable! But at the same time, the description of an INFP kind of seems to fit me. At least a little bit. Difficult to explain really. Ahh, there's too many possibilities. Too many "what if's". Too many "perhaps'es" and too many "may's" and "maybe's". I'll have to think about it, because right now I'm confusing myself and probably everyone else who bothers to read this... maybe.

According to the test I scored as an INFP:
    - Introverted (78%)
    - Intuitive (25%)
    - Feeling (12%)
    - Perceiving (22%)

And the enneagram said:
    "You are most likely a type 6."
    "Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 6w5."

I have no idea what that enneagram really means, so I guess I'll have to go read about it later.

I'm 24 years old, no wait, perhaps it was 23, no, 25... well, it's either one of the three. Male, living in Norway. <-- Killer accent.

Over the years I've detached myself from social life, and mainly been staying indoors (far away from all you evil people! j/k). I drink a lot of beverages all day long instead of eating, so I'm as skinny as a needle. And I'm either a lot of fun with alcohol in my system, or no fun at all; So I prefer not to drink as much.

If my friends really want me to go to their birthday parties, I'll go, and I'll drink some white wine and vodka, and I'll be the best that I can; Otherwise I prefer to stay at home under a blanket, hugging a pillow, while I watch anime or other types tv-series, suck down on some ice coffee / energy drinks / chocolate milk and inhale fresh cigarette air.

I've got anxieties, depression, and sleep deprivations too (Sleep Paralysis, and that part where you wake up hallucinating a part of your dream.. I wish it was something pleasent, but it always ends up being reptiles, bugs and poison ivy instead of women *thumbs down*)

Hope I'm not being too negative here. But it's really all that I can come up with.

Oh yeah, I like to write and do web design. And my interests keeps flip-flopping on me. One week I can entertain myself for days with web design, and the next I can spend hours and hours writing.. or, turn out lazy watching anime.. lately I've only been "waiting" for anime to come out >.<

Well, I AM kind of lazy. Kind of wish I weren't, but at the same time.. nah.. I'd rather not bother myself or anyone else. Zzzz, mmm, pillow.

Was that too much information? Perhaps it was.

Anyway,

cheers.

- Mike.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Hey Mike and a very welcome to you.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Hey, welcome to Typology Central!
    You seem to have a great sense of humor.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

I agree! Welcome Michael. I like you already!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Welcome, Michael.

I know what you mean about the flattering profiles. It seems the ones for iNtuitive types in particular seem to consider us all accomplished artists and scientists and writers and visionaries and geniuses. In reality, plenty of us are useless neurotics who think too much and waste our lives alone in front of our computers.

And lots of us end up changing our minds about our types. The tests don't always type you correctly, so if you don't identify with INFP (even after you learn about INFPs who aren't William Shakespeare or Helen Keller ) you may be a different type. It looks like 'I' was the only clear preference you had, so you may be something else.

I used to get sleep paralysis at times myself. I didn't really have visual hallucinations, but I got lots of tactile sensations like floating, plunging, and spinning.

Anyway, enjoy your stay here.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Michael Welcome, glad to meet you.

I agree, your accent is awesome.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Welcome to the boards^^

And i agree on the sentiment of not quite fitting your type; i often feel the same. sometimes i think it's best to remember that humans are messy, strange creatures that you just can't box up into little 4-word categories. MBTI is interesting but don't read too much into it, just see it as another way to interpret human existence
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

hi there
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Welcome
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Thanks for the welcome.