User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default I'm Not That jolly

Hi all.

Sorry about my user name. I wanted to use my full name, but then nothing else would ever be said. (No rounding to 5!)

I have MBTI'ed myself several times over the last ten earth years, and it always tells me I'm Not That Jolly. Just once, I would like to be the MBTI and the MBTI the stricken primate--then I could take my revenge--but effecting that transposition is a puzzle I can't get my head around. Probably need a shaman and some giant magnets... at some point...

Anyway, let's not languish too long at the altar of intentional obscurity: I'm an INTj (I'm Not That jolly), my user name is the first few digits of pi (I like my numbers like I like my women: popular, unfathomable, irrational), and that last bit, well, somebody draw something up and send it to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration along with a request for thirty million.

I have three or maybe five friends on this planet, and not one will claim to understand me. Bragging? No. It's a complaint. For, as I descend onto the plateau of middle-age, the idea of being understood--known--bothers me less and less. A more touchy-feely type--I know you're out there--would probably say that with age I'm developing, like lactose intolerance or pollen allergies, a veritable *need* to be understood.

Small problem, one which I chock up to evolutionary deficiency: most people think I'm very strange--if not an outright psychotic--and that tends to put, oh, the tiniest of dampers on interpersonal relations. As a tireless examiner of myself, I'm quite sure that I'm not doing anything overt to scare people on a regular basis--sure, from time to time I'll throw a wrench into the workings of a too-smoothly-functioning human robot, (I tell myself it's to their benefit, but really I just want to watch them squirm)--so I am unable to ascertain the behaviour pattern that may be throwing the other children for such a loop. Not that I overly care. I've found that I find most people hopelessly boring, one-dimensional caricatures of the prototypical anthromorph.

Try telling her *that* on a first date.

Anyhoo, switching modes from 'Proving I Can Write / I'm Smart & Just Freakin' Awesome in General' to 'Terse Snapshot Empiricals That Even Humans Can Understand':

My name is Jim and I'm an alcoholic.

No.

I'm interested in almost everything. I write short stories and IQ tests. I resistance train and practice martial arts. I write music and play guitar. I paint from time to time. (Painting is hard--it never looks like what it looks like.) I have three jobs. I read Jung. Sometimes I sleep for sixteen hours. I test everything. I was born on the Leo-Virgo cusp, five hours on the Leo side. I'm enneagram Type 5, dry depressive with a self-preservation variant. I
    **ugh** "look forward to being part of the community here."

Actually, it *would* be nice to hear from someone who gels with my vibe; I've started to believe that I'm alone on the face of this planet.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

you amuse me. edit: this is good

hello!^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

um, hi jim

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

You are not alone, we are all of us isolated within our minds.

I'm Gem and i'm an alcholic, hi Jim, pass the Jam Jim.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Jim Welcome aboard. Nice intro, weird, but nice. You'll fit right in here.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Hi Jim - as an XNTP of middle years with a slight preference for J when in work mode I can see where you are coming from tho my preference is usually for Phi rather than Pi.

Interesting dry wit you have there - welcome!!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so can i call ya jolly jim for fun?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by 31415926535897932384 View Post

cadaeibfecehighcbchdf, wtf?

oh hai weirdo

hi jim. i have a pi t-shirt.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Hi(gh) 5!

Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.