User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    67sx

Default Hey, you! I'm interesting! Click here and...

All right, you were deceived, I am actually not that interesting. Sorry, I deceive again - I am just trying to feign modesty in order to seem socially acceptable.

Well bottom line I don't know what I am anymore. I started out as INTP. After I realized that everyone else is NOT stupid under every conceivable angle and that my type has severe handicaps particularly in those areas in life which give you meaning and happiness, I started changing myself losing some of my arrogance and debugging my thought processes.

I am now a lot more extroverted though often I become so just because I know it's good for me (like taking vitamins), and I follow plans through almost always (this is mainly due to just maturing and the fact that short term stuff doesn't do much to excite me anymore).

One interesting thing is that I realized recently, I am not socially inept. I know what to say and how to behave and even what emotions to display at the right times. Just, this stuff only happens automatically when I'm with someone I respect/esteem, with whom I connect (or with someone whose help I need). That happens so rarely! Most of the time I do not really care about what the other person is, thinks, feels or has to say because well let's face it, it's all incoherent babble anyway... :-)

Probably unusually for an INTP, I am extremely assertive. I don't like to control people for the sake of it - but I need to get what I want and I can seem very domineering if people around me are slow, incompetent or otherwise wasting my time. I don't have much patience. I am running after the crazy intuitive ideas with surgical thinking precision and I need to get my fix whether it's relocating to a pacific island country or inventing cutting edge sexual devices.

I am an idealist, I have a high level of empathy for the suffering of others, I care a lot about fairness and I try to see things from any possible point of view. I always try to help with my knowledge, though people just want a pat on the shoulder and to be told that the slaughterhouse ain't that bad. I resent people not following my advice (pearls to the pigs).

I just come out of a very emotionally damaging relationship with an ISFP with attachment disorders. Total irrational and impulsive change of moods every day for a year almost gave me a nervous breakdown. I really suffered a lot. So now I'm in for something safe, I appreciate people's stability a lot more even though they may not be intellectually endowed. I really need an NT girl in my life so we can develop together. Or at least a T or at least an N with some culture. Unfortunately I am attracted by exotic personalities so all the time I sacrifice stability of character for some awesome trait or another (very hot, or makes tons of money on the stock market, or escaped a communist regime, or whatever... as long as she's got something cool and unusual about her). I have to stop this I know. Perhaps I will eventually find that dealing with life responsibly and with serenity on a day to day basis is the most courageous and admirable trait. Maybe not.

My enneagram is.... ?

I score equally high on 6, 7 and 1 (enthusiast, loyalist, reformer). I see myself as a polymath idealist compassionate reformer. I am the carrier of truth on this earth, I do so at great personal sacrifice, but I know there is something cosmically unique and significant about it.

I would want to have a following if there were smart enough people around to understand the value in what I propose. I am a very lonely person; I have many fans and admirers but almost no one "understands" me (though I don't mind talking for hours trying to explain myself). I am just too damn complex. I think I may have abnormally developed NT even for an INTP; and plus, I'm so extravagant and seek excitement and I have all these quirks... but I am very loving, honest and fair.

SimilarMinds tells me my enneagram "variant" is sexual; I have no idea how accurate these things really are, seems to me there are infinite shades of grey between Jung types and astrology, I do believe in MBTI but we NT must be careful not to overgeneralize and overestimate the resolution of results given by the theory.

People can develop. In fact, I have. I'm not so introverted anymore, I try to avoid studying things that can't help me in real life (though just yesterday I lost an evening reading about prime numbers and Ulam's spiral - let's say it's like a drink every once in a while... just to relax).

Or maybe I'm something else entirely. Anyway I very much look forward to exchanges and to find out more about people and about myself.

Phantonym

Welcome! Nice intro (yes, I read all of it). Enjoy your stay in the forums.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

A lot of new INTPs on the forum lately (of course, I started the trend, didn't I? Didn't I?).

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ocean View Post
    All right, you were deceived, I am actually not that interesting. Sorry, I deceive again - I am just trying to feign modesty in order to seem socially acceptable.
    Give it a humorous twist and you'll be just like me!

Quote Originally Posted by ocean View Post
    Well bottom line I don't know what I am anymore. I started out as INTP. After I realized that everyone else is NOT stupid under every conceivable angle and that my type has severe handicaps particularly in those areas in life which give you meaning and happiness, I started changing myself losing some of my arrogance and debugging my thought processes.
    Severe handicaps? My, I have no idea what you could possibly mean! Maybe you meant to say that every other type is severely handicapped?

We do not fit in naturally, but that's not something to view negatively, it's something to be proud of! It's fine to chameleon instead of actually trying to change.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

You seem like a very feely INTP.
    Here's to you:
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    67sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Severe handicaps? My, I have no idea what you could possibly mean! Maybe you meant to say that every other type is severely handicapped?

We do not fit in naturally, but that's not something to view negatively, it's something to be proud of! It's fine to chameleon instead of actually trying to change.
    We all tend to generalize our type from our personal experiences. When I am found guilty of this, and I will, I will admit it publicly.

I am not viewing our type as the most negative. All types are handicapped in one way or another. I am saying that the handicaps particular to our type are particularly negative, for our well being and happiness. INTPs get little sex and little experience in relationships, then marry ugly or crazy women for lack of choice. They get left out at social gatherings. Get made fun of all their childhood which boosts their introversion. They're the ones that get picked on. They are smarter but suffer more. We also have a very low position in the food chain. We're the database administrator, the computer programmer, the computer wizard people call in case of need and then make fun of, the geeks, the people who invent everything and get recognized only after they're dead.

People exchange social messages and we are out of tune. Something happens and we don't get it, and people classify us based on that. Albert Einstein in any social setting is just another Marty McFly.

We're a tiny minority, because there are few niches in which our unique skills give us a competitive advantage. We sometimes act like retards. We sit in an office inventing something and then an ENTJ patents it and gets rich.

It takes balls to say, I understand what an observable means in quantum mechanics, but I'm worse than the idiot next door at seducing a woman. Look in the mirror. Incredible as it may sound, he's better than me at *something*. Yes he is, yes he is, mea culpa.

When you can do that slowly you can approach the idiot's performance by running the social program in emulation mode. Eventually you can live a rich and fulfilling life. I declared war on my geekiness at 17, started taking care of my looks, living the playboy life (I've grown out of it thankfully), but it was so scary and uncomfortable. When I realized I was terrified by talking to a stranger and being brushed off I went out and did just that, just to prove myself I could do it. It was the most traumatic and growing experience in my life. All I'm saying is that, to get my human givens, I had to fight and breathe under water. I know INTPs whose life was totally destroyed by not having gone through these steps early in life. They have on their face the lines of a life of loneliness, dissatisfaction, and relationships gone wrong.

So, I think we're a great type, the future is ours, because we will make it, we will go to the stars, but as a type, if we don't make a millennium plan to get our heads out of our butts we'll still be jerking off on a 3d holographic projector instead of getting some real tail..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    67sx

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    You seem like a very feely INTP.
    Here's to you:
    I have a peculiar relationship with my feelings. Feelings (or the crave to get them) directs anything I do. However, I deeply believe that feelings can't help you get feelings. Once you decided you're going to get feeling A, then you need to shut down all the feelings and make a surgical strike plan, a shock and awe operation, something planned in advance with no interference from feelings. I've read another post from one INTP (forgot where) saying basically the same thing. I have *extremely* strong feelings, but strong isn't the same as developed or mature. I cry with extreme ease when I'm moved, listening to classical music, or when I voice out and incredibly beautiful idea with all the precision and expressiveness I am capable of. However I am 100% NT, my thing is systems, abstracting stuff to absurd levels, collecting information and so forth.

I see my N as a crazy compass that points to random points in the galaxy which I *need* to explore. The T is my warp drive that takes me there after infinite sacrifice to my F and S. But eventually the F triumphs as the S gets all this insanely exotic input...

Does anyone relate to this? Do they need to make a new type for me? Sometimes I'm just desperately trying to find someone like me, I just feel it will be the most exotic and relevant exchange.