User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Hullo

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default Hullo

I'm Josh, I'm a third year grad student pursuing an MFA in experimental video which I've been enthusiastically informed will lead me to either jaded cynicism in the field of commercial production or jobless despair of being an artist that is not connected enough to break into the art world. I'm aiming for a "hey maybe if I go get another degree I can just never leave school!" type of career.

I'm originally from the midwest, and went to the glamourous east coast. Unfortunately I made the mistake of going to Buffalo instead and am stuck here for at least another year while I finish school.

On the MBTI thing I tend to fluctuate between INTP and INTJ. I'm an 8w7 enneagram. I like long walks on the beach and romantic moonlit dinners. One of those last three sentences is a blatant lie.

So, uh, Hi.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I'm Maya (I don't think I've shared that yet on this forum), I'm a what-have-you (ostensibly a student) of English and Comp Lit and I too want to be a student forever. I enjoy walks on the beach, reading books that actually have a plot (take that, stupid Demon's Covenant for making me wade through 400 pages of feelings) and dinners wherever, as long as they involve food.

Oh, sorry, is this not the biography corner?

Hi, Josh. I'm feeling kinda playful today, so I'll even wave.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

Phantonym

Welcome, Josh!

Yeeeah, there's no way that you could be an 8w7, you liar!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Yeeeah, there's no way that you could be an 8w7, you liar!
    *innocent whistle*

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

What up Josh!

INTP 8? Odd, but not unheard of -- although you could very well be a lazy/messy J. It's actually very difficult to be on the edge of INTP and INTJ, given that they use completely different functions, in different directions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

yeah, my friend who introduced me to Mbti stuff thought it was weird too. I've taken about a dozen different tests and its practically 50/50 INTJ/INTP.

I admit I don't know much about the specific functions, and the description of both personality types fit to some extent. I just tend to chalk it up to personality typing to be reductive when trying to make a comprehensive overview of one's personality.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Well, INTPs have Ti as a dominant function, and Ne (Extroverted Intuition) as an auxiliary. INTJs have Ni (Introverted Intuition) as their dominant, and Te (Extroverted Thinking) as their auxiliary. The definitions:

Ti- Logical deduction, categorization, specification. Ti is guided by nuggets of reasoning, from which i extracts the details and intricacies of an object, subject or principle. It pretty much wants to know every little detail about anything it's interested in.

Ni- Foresight, forethought, paradox solving. Ni comes up with grand, powerful visions of change, and predicts how events will unfold based on whatever information it presently has. If you treat life as a chess game, you probably use this function.

Te- Organization, segmenting, efficiency, sequencing, management, evidence-based analysis. Te seeks efficiency, sees what works and what doesn't and how it could be made to work better, it plans for contingencies, lays out facts in a way others could understand them, delegates, and checks progress based on objective measures. It's characterized by an abrasive, clipped and highly self-confident attitude.

Ne- Theorizing, hypothesizing, synthesis and hidden patterns. Ne analyzes the external world and brainstorms for novel ideas on how objects or ideas can be connected with other ideas, or otherwise modified.

Would you say you use more Ti and Ne, or more Ni and Te?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Ti- Logical deduction, categorization, specification. Ti is guided by nuggets of reasoning, from which i extracts the details and intricacies of an object, subject or principle. It pretty much wants to know every little detail about anything it's interested in.
    I'm not really a details person. I guess with art and video I am but that's trained and not really innate.

Ni- Foresight, forethought, paradox solving. Ni comes up with grand, powerful visions of change, and predicts how events will unfold based on whatever information it presently has. If you treat life as a chess game, you probably use this function.
    Possibly, with a bit less of the evil mastermind overture

Te- Organization, segmenting, efficiency, sequencing, management, evidence-based analysis. Te seeks efficiency, sees what works and what doesn't and how it could be made to work better, it plans for contingencies, lays out facts in a way others could understand them, delegates, and checks progress based on objective measures. It's characterized by an abrasive, clipped and highly self-confident attitude.
    This is closer to how I teach and work.

Ne- Theorizing, hypothesizing, synthesis and hidden patterns. Ne analyzes the external world and brainstorms for novel ideas on how objects or ideas can be connected with other ideas, or otherwise modified.
    This is spot on.

Ne definitely fits me, but I'm ambivalent about the others.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Hello and welcome to the forums

8w7 indicates probably a bit more to the balanced INTJ side with a low introversion. Te really gives one that "edge."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

You could be INTP, but if you feel Ne fits you better than Ti, you're more likely to be an ENTP. Ti isn't so much about details though, as it is about specifics. Gramar Nazism is Ti for example. Try this test on for size.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole