User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Engagement

MBTI
    INFP

Default Engagement

Good day everyone,
    In a recently started search for myself I happened upon this forum and thought, "Lord! A forum where people discuss the way they think. I can't believe it took me so long to discover this." I've used forums forever now and this is the first time I actually participate. So I'd like to introduce myself.

I live in the southern United States. Most of my career has been spent in engineering and engineering management.
    When I'm not stuck too deep in my head I really enjoy cooking, playing guitar, filmmaking, and watching commodities markets.
    I've been married for twelve years and we have one very young and beautiful boy whose giving me a dirty look right now.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Your child is simply jealous of your jive turkey-ness.

Glad to have you
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi there! Welcome, I love your username.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Jive A Turkey View Post
    Good day everyone,
    In a recently started search for myself I happened upon this forum and thought, "Lord! A forum where people discuss the way they think. I can't believe it took me so long to discover this." I've used forums forever now and this is the first time I actually participate. So I'd like to introduce myself.

I live in the southern United States. Most of my career has been spent in engineering and engineering management.
    When I'm not stuck too deep in my head I really enjoy cooking, playing guitar, filmmaking, and watching commodities markets.
    I've been married for twelve years and we have one very young and beautiful boy whose giving me a dirty look right now.
    Welcome!

An INFP in engineering! How's that working for you?

What's the nature of your interest in the commodities market? Just watching it as some kind of forward economic indicator, or are you trading contracts? :eek:

I like your name and avatar, by the way. Very nice.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

ho ho ho, merry christmas! And welcome

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    Welcome!

An INFP in engineering! How's that working for you?

In engineering the bad for me is that all of the NTs whip my ass with their technical prowess. I often have to pull the introvert card when the technical gurus are around to keep myself from looking like an idiot. On the good side I've got enough of the engineering guns to act as a good liaison between Engineering and say Sales, or Production, etc. It's the people side of the business that I adore.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Good day everyone,

Hello, JAT. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

I'm glad we attracted you into participating... that's a good sign for the forum.

Has it been difficult to be an INFP engineer, or have you enjoyed it so far?

What are commodities markets?

RDF

In engineering the bad for me is that all of the NTs whip my ass with their technical prowess. I often have to pull the introvert card when the technical gurus are around to keep myself from looking like an idiot. On the good side I've got enough of the engineering guns to act as a good liaison between Engineering and say Sales, or Production, etc. It's the people side of the business that I adore.
    Well done. Yeah, when I've been in a field that didn't traditionally favor INFPs, at a minimum I could always find a niche or an application that was a good fit and excel there in a way that the others couldn't. A liaison position of some type was usually workable and allowed me to deal with the field in a big-picture, overview capacity.

Good to see you here!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Has it been difficult to be an INFP engineer, or have you enjoyed it so far?
    I've actually enjoyed a successful career in engineering. I have to confess that I feel like there's something bigger out there waiting for me. I think that's one of the keys that lead me to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    What are commodities markets?
    These are the markets representing current and future prices on commodities like coffee, cocoa, wheat, oil, etc. It's amazing how volatile the prices of life-giving / life-enhancing substances can be.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Welcome to the nuthouse, looks like you're not doing to bad at fitting in.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]