123 Last

Thread: I don't need to

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Default I don't need to

try particularly hard for an interesting introduction, as you've been kind enough to click the title anyway...

Hello there. I'm an eighteen-year old male INFX hailing from Turkey. Actually, "Nadir" is just a placeholder, I guess. I am also a member of infp.globalchatter, where I'm known as Aeshma - another placeholder name -, who does not actually use capital letters. You could say that I've decided to do the opposite for this forum. (though the total opposite would be kinda loud.) Blame the general tendency. :) The nickname, in addition to what it means in English, means "rare" in my mother tongue. Didn't really give it much thought...

Anyway, I'm an INFX, like I said. The first time I tested, I scored INFJ with 1% Judging. Then again. Then I tested INFP with low perceiving. Then again. Then I tested INFJ again, using different tests each time. (I never took the official instrument as it's virtually unknown here.) So I'm a bit ambivalent about the whole thing now, though I am guessing that I am in reality closer to an INFJ - one who is pretty lazy when unmotivated, though. But the X probably stays. I suck at all eight functions equally. But beware my uncanny mind reading rays. ;)

Like I said, I am an active member of globalchatter, where I mainly play the role of lurker/generally interesting fellow/sympathizer/shadowy antagonist with good intentions/snarky winker. I suppose things will start off rather similarly around here.

Looking forward to observing your online behaivour from afar and taking mental notes! Hehe. And kind greetings to all infp.globalchatter members. :)

All the best.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Hello!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Thanks dude ... w00t, I got welcome points!
    Not really.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    try particularly hard for an interesting introduction, as you've been kind enough to click the title anyway...

Hello there. I'm an eighteen-year old male INFX hailing from Turkey. Actually, "Nadir" is just a placeholder, I guess. I am also a member of infp.globalchatter, where I'm known as Aeshma - another placeholder name -, who does not actually use capital letters. You could say that I've decided to do the opposite for this forum. (though the total opposite would be kinda loud.) Blame the general tendency. The nickname, in addition to what it means in English, means "rare" in my mother tongue. Didn't really give it much thought...

Anyway, I'm an INFX, like I said. The first time I tested, I scored INFJ with 1% Judging. Then again. Then I tested INFP with low perceiving. Then again. Then I tested INFJ again, using different tests each time. (I never took the official instrument as it's virtually unknown here.) So I'm a bit ambivalent about the whole thing now, though I am guessing that I am in reality closer to an INFJ - one who is pretty lazy when unmotivated, though. But the X probably stays. I suck at all eight functions equally. But beware my uncanny mind reading rays.

Like I said, I am an active member of globalchatter, where I mainly play the role of lurker/generally interesting fellow/sympathizer/shadowy antagonist with good intentions/snarky winker. I suppose things will start off rather similarly around here.

Looking forward to observing your online behaivour from afar and taking mental notes! Hehe. And kind greetings to all infp.globalchatter members.

All the best.
    Hello, Nadir. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

Turkey? Where is that, and what do you do there? Isn't that where the Ottoman sultan used to rule? Sounds scary.

So, you're not much different with Fe vs. Fi, or Ni vs. Ne? You don't feel F or N is stronger overall?

Do you like lurking better than posting, generally? What was INFPgc like for you?

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Hey athenian! Let me answer your questions.

Turkey? Where is that, and what do you do there? Isn't that where the Ottoman sultan used to rule? Sounds scary.

Well, it's where I was born and where I live. You're correct about that extremely rough summation of our history. I am a high school student graduating come June '08 to hopefully enter higher education.

So, you're not much different with Fe vs. Fi, or Ni vs. Ne? You don't feel F or N is stronger overall?

Not really, no. I am decidedly sure about my F, but I think it's more outwardly oriented, as I have an easier time relating to Fe than Fi. The distinction between Ni and Ne is more blurry, as I find both hard to pin down and I'm sure I am not a Sensing type.

Do you like lurking better than posting, generally? What was INFPgc like for you?

Yes, that would be correct. I certainly like lurking more. INFPgc is a nice place full of kind-hearted people, generally speaking. (Nor would you expect anything less from INFPs.) But I wanted to see MBTIcentral as well, as I've been hearing about it in passing.
    Not really.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Welcome! I can relate to your Ne/Ni/Fe/Fi ambivalence. I'm similar.

Oh, and I'll be traveling to Turkey in 4 months!! I'm very excited.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Hey cascademn,

*takes the social-grace-bait* That is interesting to hear, though. What will you be doing here? :)
    Not really.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Oh, I wasn't even trying to bait. Now I'm embarrassed.

I just feel like I babble too much sometimes on the boards, so I didn't want to talk about myself in your thread.

I'm just going on an 18 day trip, with my family and some of my extended family. Istanbul to Cappadocia/Uchisar, to Konya, to Antalya, then 4-5 days going up the Turquoise coast, then to Ephesus, back to Istanbul, and home.

Have you always lived in Istanbul?
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Hehe, this is probably the only thread I shall ever "own", (barring forum gods) so you could say that I am the host, too - so, don't worry about the baiting.

That looks to be a lovely trip, by the way. I hope you cherish the time you spend. (which, speaking from personal experience, usually is the case...)

Yes, I've always lived here. As for the future, who knows. I am hoping to study abroad in the United Kingdom, but I suppose that ultimately my permanent residence will always be here - there is something undoubtedly magical about this city even though it has its flaws like every other city in the world.

I will have to respond to further messages tomorrow, as I am off to bed. Good day/night to all.
    Not really.

MBTI
    Infx

Hello Hello!!

I can totally relate to the unmotivated J. I'm the same way. The only reason I don't type myself as INFx is because I do relate to the INFJ description ever so slightly more, and see it as my ideal self. I think I just haven't learn good organization habits yet, but once I do I'll function a little better.

You'll have to share your notes about us sometime. XD I bet it'd be an interesting read.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.