User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Hola

Greetings. You seem ESTJ. I am relatively confident in this. I am an INTP. I have seen you on the16ypes.info forum before. You'll make a lovely addition to my collection of specimens.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Hi, welcome to the nuthouse, don't get too overwhelmed by any denseness or fluffiness you encounter here. I'm off in left field most of the time, but I always have my filters on.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Welcome. I like your name.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    and tell us more about yourself!

(you study spanish?)
    No, I don't study Spanish.

I'm at uni at the moment, and I'm at home for a month for Christmas. I'm studying philosophy, and beginning to wish I'd gone for something like Economics or History. I like some of course units, and I'm sure I'll like more later on when I get more of a choice, but I prefer more concrete areas to more abstract ones. For example, I prefer political philosophy to philosophy of mind, which is about as abstract as you can get.

My primary interest is in personality typing systems. This is something I spend a lot of my time thinking about and discussing. I'm a member of my university's OTC (Officers Training Corps), and I train every Wednesday, and every other weekend (although we've broken up for Christmas). I joined for three reasons, in the following order:

- They pay for you to train
    - It looks good on my CV
    - I can learn new skills

I'm not a very sociable person i.e. I don't make much of an effort to be sociable. It doesn't concern me. However, I love the idea of formal dos and fancy dinner parties (I often imagine that I'm a rich lawyer who gets invited to this kind of thing), and have a strong attachment to traditional values, even though it's not been instilled within me by my family. The OTC has merely helped me to further develop the values I want to. The few good friends I have I value immensely. I also have quite a wide range of what I'd call acquantances - people I can talk to whenever I feel depressed, which is very rare. I'm quite disciplined, but in a way I'm actually quite lazy. I love playing PC and Xbox games, and would happily will my life away playing them, unless I found a job I really wanted to do. Nonetheless, I have a very firm routine that gets carried out every morning unless I don't have my laptop to hand. I check the news, uni stuff, MSUOTC message boards, emails, facebook and all my message boards, which I have already mentioned I spend a lot of time on. I find it very easy to stick to a routine, but also very easy to fall out of practice, and for me, the hard part is getting started.

Politically, I'm quite liberal and economically right wing, and believe in a minimal state. My theory is that if one pays taxes towards education, healthcare and the services, one is free to do as one pleases without harming another. I believe in a meritocratic state. I believe in working for one's money. I think that if someone has capabilities, there is nothing wrong with his being able to be a politician over an idiot. As long as the idiot has the same opportunities. I despise affirmative action.

Career-wise, I'm aspiring to be a barrister. I want to make money, and my aim in life is to provide the best lifestyle for my family, living out the last 30 years or so of my life in peace.

I hope this helps people get a better understanding of me. I'm sorry if I've rambled.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    How do you usually feel about taking these tests? How do you feel when you are taking them?
    I like taking them. I take them quite regularly. I don't really know how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    I have seen you on the16ypes.info forum before.
    You directed me here. I decided to look into it, as it seemed like a pretty good forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Greetings. You seem ESTJ. I am relatively confident in this. I am an INTP.
    a) What are you from a socionical point of view?
    b) What do you think I am from a socionical point of view?

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    I/E : Where do you draw your energy mainly from, internal reflection, or social interactions with other people, to give you that buzz?
    Social interactions, definitely.

N/S: When you look at a picture, do you notice for e.g. that there is 1 white iris and 59 purple ones, and it fades towards red, there are green and blues on it too. Or does the picture give you an impression of loneliness the artist felt when painting it.
    Definitely the former.

P/J: Would you prefer if you had an open schedule everyday, and could deal with things as they came up, or would you rather that the times are fixed to do X at 9am and Y at 11am.
    I generally have a fixed schedule, as I mentioned above, but I can easily deal with things as they come up, and often enjoy them.

Perhaps it may help if you work out your cognitive processes too?
    I took a test, and here's what it came out with.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.7)
    good use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************************** * (51.8)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************** (22.5)
    limited use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****** (6.9)
    unused
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.6)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.2)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37.6)
    excellent use

What I find interesting is the variations. Apparently I don't use Introverted Intuition, which doesn't make sense, since I came out INTJ yesterday.

I think the problem with the tests is that there is no discrepancies made between functions used and behaviour analysed.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Those are some funky results.

The reason I asked about how you take the test, is that very few people actually have such consistently dramatic variation. I wonder if you over-analyze the questions, or don't pay enough attention to them.

My subjective, eye-balled opinion, leans even more toward ExTJ(especially ESTJ)since your last commentary.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

a.) From the standpoint of socionics, you seem LSE, and perhaps Beta to a lesser degree.
    b.) I, personally, am having a hard time defining my own socionics type. It is currently between ILI and ILE, since I seem to like both Ni and Ne. However, I have heard some people comment that a lot of what I write seems to suggest a disfavor for Si, and instead, Ni/Se, which would point in the direction of ILI. As far as quadra values go, I don't feel a particularly strong connection to either Alpha or Gamma Quadra values. If I had to choose which values I go along with most, it would be Beta NF. Although I can in fact appear INFp-Ni occasionally, I am quite certain that I am not an ethical type, but rather a logical type.

Socionics/MBTI correlations have always been somewhat of a mystery. Es, however, generally tend to be the same type in Socionics as they are in MBTI. Introverts, on the other hand, usually seem to be either the same type in socionics, or with the j/p switched around. In some cases, the E/I dichotomy between Socionics and MBTI becomes slightly distorted since there is a difference in definition (regardless of how slight).
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    ENTP

Greetings!

welcome to the strange place we call mbtic.

From what you have written and your cognitive function results, you seem to be an ESTJ, although you are certainly quite balanced whatever type you may be. It should be nice having you around.
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Social interactions, definitely.

Definitely the former.

I generally have a fixed schedule, as I mentioned above, but I can easily deal with things as they come up, and often enjoy them.
    Sounds ESTJ from the quick look then.

The "confusion" exists probably because your functions are relatively well balanced. Any well balanced type should be able to adapt to a situation, it is the degree of ease of adaptation which could be different, merely.

Merkw, Magic: How do you type someone so quickly from a couple of posts?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Aelan, some people just make it that obvious to begin with. His statements, to me, seem dripping with Te making him definitely TJ and the fact that mainly social interaction charges him is a good case for E. His answer to the question about the picture was very, what's there is there which tends to be more Sensorish wrather than iNtuitive. I also, from what he posts, see him as quite balanced which (NF value judgment moment) I think is awesome, but also leads to the types all over the map.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I kind of assumed the 8w7 would more likely be ExTx and the 8w9 would more likely be IxTx or ExFx if there is a strong line to Enneagram 2.

According to Riso and Hudson, Enneagram 8 corresponds to Jung's Extraverted Intuition type. In which case, I think ENTP is more likely for 8w7 and ENFP is more likely on the 8w9. But personally, I think ENFP corresponds best with Enneagram 6, as the ENFP is considered a "champion for the underdog."