User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by eagleseven View Post
    Right now, all I have are herbs growing hydroponically in my tiny apartment, and bacterial cultures in lab.

I prefer my gardening to be practical, ie herbs, spices, or food, though I do love a well-made zen garden.
    YEAH. I agree. We have a nice, wide south-facing window, though, and I've got some lettuce planted and I'm going to start some tomatoes/peppers soon too, in addition to herbs.

If I ever got a yard, I'd want to have a huuuge vegetable garden with some flowers mixed into it too. Grass is a little silly to me.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

HI THERE!!!!

WELCOME!!!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    YEAH. I agree. We have a nice, wide south-facing window, though, and I've got some lettuce planted and I'm going to start some tomatoes/peppers soon too, in addition to herbs.

If I ever got a yard, I'd want to have a huuuge vegetable garden with some flowers mixed into it too. Grass is a little silly to me.
    Planting grass only makes sense if you have lifestock, right?

Much more reasonable to seed the lawn with an edible green, so you have instant fresh salad three seasons a year!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    HI THERE!!!!

WELCOME!!!
    Hi there!

You are very...excitable?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

hello! I've been threatening to plant an herb garden in the backyard for a while... when I get around to it which are your favorite to grow? I know that in the past basil, oregano and cilantro were my most frequently used ones and I tended to get impatient with rosemary for taking too long *shakes fist at rosemary*

glad you like it here, I find the variety to be appealing actually
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    hello! I've been threatening to plant an herb garden in the backyard for a while... when I get around to it which are your favorite to grow? I know that in the past basil, oregano and cilantro were my most frequently used ones and I tended to get impatient with rosemary for taking too long *shakes fist at rosemary*
    I've been hacking branches off of my Uncle's basil and dill plants, but I too have this annoying habit of eating it before I let it grow...so I keep going back for more!

Luckily, my Uncle has a very large garden (and the land to go with it).

glad you like it here, I find the variety to be appealing actually
    It's a big change from being on an INTJ board, that's for sure. Every-other thread there became a multi-page showdown of wits between the regulars, like a never-ending Clint Eastwood film.

Over-stimulation was a seriously problem...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've even been known to nibble on dill plants in other people's yards on occasion

I've generally had better luck just buying the plants and remembering to water them, though I was thinking of planting some seeds this year!

and that breed of INTJs will behave such on any forum... that happens sometimes here as well... luckily there are plenty of other threads available too!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Two
    Socionics
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Little Laura, my sister is also a lab tech! Heh heh heh. But I am definitely NOT going to be a nurse.
    Aww no! I don't blame you...nursing isn't exactly the most glamourous job out there....LOL

I prefer my gardening to be practical, ie herbs, spices, or food, though I do love a well-made zen garden.
    Agreed. I think window boxes of lettuce are quite pretty! And yummy!
    "That's life. If nothing else, its life. It's real, and sometimes it fuckin' hurts, but it's sort of all we have."
    -Garden State

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I've been hacking branches off of my Uncle's basil and dill plants, but I too have this annoying habit of eating it before I let it grow...so I keep going back for more!
    Are you trying to grow these from cuttings? Dill goes to seed quickly and self-seeds readily; best just to collect seeds and plant them. Basil is slower going, but growing from seed usually works well here, too.

I usually have basil, oregano, rosemary, sage, thyme, marjoram, tarragon, lavender, calendula, and a few others. Much more than I can use, but I give some away, and dry the rest for winter use, since my plants are outdoors and many do not overwinter well.

MBTI
    INTJ

I've even been known to nibble on dill plants in other people's yards on occasion

I've generally had better luck just buying the plants and remembering to water them, though I was thinking of planting some seeds this year!
    I'll probably just do this next season...patience is a virtue I need to cultivate.

and that breed of INTJs will behave such on any forum... that happens sometimes here as well... luckily there are plenty of other threads available too!
    I realized I was taking it a bit too far when I got into a 7-hour argument with some idealistic fool who believed his ingenious plan for a money-free economy would work with real, live humans.

After about 10 pages of back-and-forth, I just couldn't convince him that money is simply a measure of value, not some mysterious demon that makes men evil.

Then I had work in a hour, realizing I needed to cool it!