I like this place already!

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Two
    Socionics
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by eagleseven View Post
    Well, I am a microbiologist by education, and starting in July, will be playing with human tissue samples looking for disease, in the clinical lab.

If it is gooey, smelly, and will kill you upon ingestion, I probably like it!

I also happen to be a big fan of sci-fi and anime, as noted by my avatar, as well as cooking, drinking, gardening, reading, and about a dozen other things.
    OH INTERESTING!
    My sister is a laboratory technologist. I always enjoy the stories of things she gets to test. She just finished a studied on poop. I liked the stories about the very weird ones she got. Yeah. LOL. She sent me the journal article and I printed it out to look like I actually read it. She has a thing for eyeballs too. Loves when she gets those in to test. But can't stand them when they are actually in someone. She freaks out watching me put my contacts in.

And those are good hobbies to have (well...I am not so much a fan of the sci-fi and anime...but...to each their own!)
    "That's life. If nothing else, its life. It's real, and sometimes it fuckin' hurts, but it's sort of all we have."
    -Garden State

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Little Laura View Post
    OH INTERESTING!
    My sister is a laboratory technologist. I always enjoy the stories of things she gets to test. She just finished a studied on poop. I liked the stories about the very weird ones she got. Yeah. LOL. She sent me the journal article and I printed it out to look like I actually read it. She has a thing for eyeballs too. Loves when she gets those in to test. But can't stand them when they are actually in someone. She freaks out watching me put my contacts in.
    It sounds like your sister and I would get along! I start my technologist training in just a few months...we get to test eyeballs? *Jealous*

Can't say I have a problem with contacts, though. Does your sister have difficulty watching most of the shows on Discovery Health?

And those are good hobbies to have (well...I am not so much a fan of the sci-fi and anime...but...to each their own!)
    I initially avoided anime, but an old roommate got me hooked. The anime I watch, however, tends to be of the "International Film Festival" variety.

For instance, this is one of the best series I have ever viewed, in any medium.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Two
    Socionics
    ESI

Sometimes she does have trouble watching those shows. I think at work she finds it easier to deal with because she disconnects what she does with an actual person. My sister is an ISTJ. She works in a microbiology lab at a hospital...so...occasionally she does. Not an everyday occurence from what I hear. She just constantly bitches about nurses not sending them samples in the proper kits...LOL....and I am going to be a nurse...MWAHAHAHA!

Yeah...my anime experience is just Sailor Moon...so....I couldn't really tell you. I have a habit of watching really bad reality tv. So I can't judge anyone. LOL
    "That's life. If nothing else, its life. It's real, and sometimes it fuckin' hurts, but it's sort of all we have."
    -Garden State

MBTI
    INTJ

Sometimes she does have trouble watching those shows. I think at work she finds it easier to deal with because she disconnects what she does with an actual person. My sister is an ISTJ. She works in a microbiology lab at a hospital...so...occasionally she does. Not an everyday occurence from what I hear.
    Little jars of bodily fluids don't talk back, true. It's one of the draws of the job.

I've seen my share of cadavers (and chunks of cadavers)...never look at the face.

She just constantly bitches about nurses not sending them samples in the proper kits...LOL....and I am going to be a nurse...MWAHAHAHA!
    Nurse: I need this blood tested, STAT!
    MT: You need to draw another sample, as this one was taken improperly.
    Nurse: Re-run the test and give us the result!
    MT: Your patient is either dead, or an alien.
    Nurse: Oh. I see. I'm drawing another sample...

Your sister is going to love you!

Yeah...my anime experience is just Sailor Moon...so....I couldn't really tell you. I have a habit of watching really bad reality tv. So I can't judge anyone. LOL
    Sailor Moon? Love the cosplay, couldn't sit through a single episode of the show.

Reality TV? Are you an American Idol addict?

Quote Originally Posted by eagleseven View Post
    Well, I am a microbiologist by education, and starting in July, will be playing with human tissue samples looking for disease, in the clinical lab.

If it is gooey, smelly, and will kill you upon ingestion, I probably like it!

I also happen to be a big fan of sci-fi and anime, as noted by my avatar, as well as cooking, drinking, gardening, reading, and about a dozen other things.
    Welcome eagleseven. What kind of gardening do you do?

Little Laura, my sister is also a lab tech! Heh heh heh. But I am definitely NOT going to be a nurse.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFP

Be welcome here also.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Hello there. Welcome to the forums.
    It seems anime is now a symbol of us INTJs. Theres a 50/50 chance that anyone here with an anime avatar is an INTJ whereas the other 50% would be any other type.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Welcome eagleseven. What kind of gardening do you do?
    Right now, all I have are herbs growing hydroponically in my tiny apartment, and bacterial cultures in lab.

I prefer my gardening to be practical, ie herbs, spices, or food, though I do love a well-made zen garden.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Little Laura, my sister is also a lab tech! Heh heh heh. But I am definitely NOT going to be a nurse.
    I'm rather surprised everyone knows about lab techs...I'm used to having explain what I do over and over again.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Hello there. Welcome to the forums.
    It seems anime is now a symbol of us INTJs. Theres a 50/50 chance that anyone here with an anime avatar is an INTJ whereas the other 50% would be any other type.
    A percentage that high isn't coincidence. I wonder what it is about the medium that attracts INTJs? Is there a thread discussing this phenomenon, or should I create one?