User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Hello, All!

  1. #1
    Member Super Nova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    47

    Default Hello, All!

    I'm new here, having just joined an hour or so ago. I found out about this site on Personality Cafe, where I have been a member for a few weeks. I have an intense interest in topics like MBTI, enneagram, and personality style. I agree with a quiz I took that my enneagram type is 5w4 and another quiz I took indicating that my Oldham personality style is Leisurely. However, I am still unsure of my MBTI type, even though I have been studying MBTI for several years. Most of the online quizzes type me as INFP and I'm not totally in agreement with that as I don't think Fi is my dominant function.
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people”--Will Rogers

  2. #2
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Hello and welcome to the forums! 5w4 is an odd mix for ISFP, but you say Fi doesn't seem like your dom function so I don't know what to tell you. You say you've been studying MBTI for several years, what kind of literature have you read on it?



  3. #3
    Member Super Nova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forums! 5w4 is an odd mix for ISFP, but you say Fi doesn't seem like your dom function so I don't know what to tell you. You say you've been studying MBTI for several years, what kind of literature have you read on it?
    I have read all the books by Paul Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger, "Please Understand Me" and "Please Understand Me II", "Type Talk at Work", "Gifts Differing", a book by Lenore Thompson, the title of which escapes me at the moment, and a few other books, the authors of which I don't remember and the titles of which I can't recall, either. I have also read every web site I can find that deals with MBTI.

    As for how I came to arrive at the idea of being an ISFP, I read a post in another forum that included a discussion of a technique Linda Berens developed on determining your type and, following that theory, I arrived at ISFP. In reality, I am in search of a type as none of the type descriptions seem to resonate completely with me. Hopefully, I'm not coming across as a flake because I have changed my personality type both here and at Personality Cafe as I find more information. I guess my tendency to do that puts to rest the issue of my position on the P/J scale!
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people”--Will Rogers

  4. #4
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,533

    Default

    You have burst onto the scene, Super Nova, brighter than a whole galaxy.

    I hope you will buy me a coffee at the Personality Cafe as it sounds like my kind of cafe.

    Welcome.

  5. #5
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Nova View Post
    I'm new here, having just joined an hour or so ago. I found out about this site on Personality Cafe, where I have been a member for a few weeks. I have an intense interest in topics like MBTI, enneagram, and personality style. I agree with a quiz I took that my enneagram type is 5w4 and another quiz I took indicating that my Oldham personality style is Leisurely. However, I am still unsure of my MBTI type, even though I have been studying MBTI for several years. Most of the online quizzes type me as INFP and I'm not totally in agreement with that as I don't think Fi is my dominant function.
    Hi there Super Nova. It's entirely possible to be INFP and not have Fi as your true dominant function actually, due to the way Mbti works. What do you think is, if not Fi?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  6. #6
    It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Hi Super Nova Welcome, glad to have you on board.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

  7. #7
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Welcome aboard! The Enneagram is easier, isn't it?

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Welcome !

  9. #9
    Member Super Nova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You have burst onto the scene, Super Nova, brighter than a whole galaxy.

    I hope you will buy me a coffee at the Personality Cafe as it sounds like my kind of cafe.

    Welcome.
    Thanks for the welcome, Victor! I will be happy to buy you a coffee at Personality Cafe anytime!
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people”--Will Rogers

  10. #10
    Member Super Nova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Hi there Super Nova. It's entirely possible to be INFP and not have Fi as your true dominant function actually, due to the way Mbti works. What do you think is, if not Fi?
    Hi, Ragashree, and thanks for the welcome! The reason I think I am not dominant Fi is because, according to at least one of the personality type books by Paul Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger (or, at least, according to my memory of it), the dominant function is the function that makes itself known earliest in life. Two of the most vivid memories I have of my childhood are being able to memorize a large amount of information about subjects in which I had an interest and being able to easily make up stories (an ability I still have) and to use my toys for purposes other than those for which they are designed. From my admittedly relatively unsophisticated understanding of MBTI, those would be some form of Sensing and Intuition, respectively. It seems like I'm on a constant search to determine my true personality type. On the J/P scale, I have no doubt of my Pness, so I guess that leaves only eight types to explore!
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people”--Will Rogers

Similar Threads

  1. Hello All
    By Motor Jax in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 08:43 AM
  2. Hello all!
    By Seanan in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 03:32 PM
  3. Hello All
    By DynamicG in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 02:50 AM
  4. hello, all...this is another INFP in the corner of his world
    By niki in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 06:32 AM
  5. Hello all you out there
    By mkobrien76 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 11:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO