User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Hello, All!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Hello, All!

I'm new here, having just joined an hour or so ago. I found out about this site on Personality Cafe, where I have been a member for a few weeks. I have an intense interest in topics like MBTI, enneagram, and personality style. I agree with a quiz I took that my enneagram type is 5w4 and another quiz I took indicating that my Oldham personality style is Leisurely. However, I am still unsure of my MBTI type, even though I have been studying MBTI for several years. Most of the online quizzes type me as INFP and I'm not totally in agreement with that as I don't think Fi is my dominant function.
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people”--Will Rogers

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Hello and welcome to the forums! 5w4 is an odd mix for ISFP, but you say Fi doesn't seem like your dom function so I don't know what to tell you. You say you've been studying MBTI for several years, what kind of literature have you read on it?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forums! 5w4 is an odd mix for ISFP, but you say Fi doesn't seem like your dom function so I don't know what to tell you. You say you've been studying MBTI for several years, what kind of literature have you read on it?
    I have read all the books by Paul Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger, "Please Understand Me" and "Please Understand Me II", "Type Talk at Work", "Gifts Differing", a book by Lenore Thompson, the title of which escapes me at the moment, and a few other books, the authors of which I don't remember and the titles of which I can't recall, either. I have also read every web site I can find that deals with MBTI.

As for how I came to arrive at the idea of being an ISFP, I read a post in another forum that included a discussion of a technique Linda Berens developed on determining your type and, following that theory, I arrived at ISFP. In reality, I am in search of a type as none of the type descriptions seem to resonate completely with me. Hopefully, I'm not coming across as a flake because I have changed my personality type both here and at Personality Cafe as I find more information. I guess my tendency to do that puts to rest the issue of my position on the P/J scale!
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people”--Will Rogers

You have burst onto the scene, Super Nova, brighter than a whole galaxy.

I hope you will buy me a coffee at the Personality Cafe as it sounds like my kind of cafe.

Welcome.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Super Nova View Post
    I'm new here, having just joined an hour or so ago. I found out about this site on Personality Cafe, where I have been a member for a few weeks. I have an intense interest in topics like MBTI, enneagram, and personality style. I agree with a quiz I took that my enneagram type is 5w4 and another quiz I took indicating that my Oldham personality style is Leisurely. However, I am still unsure of my MBTI type, even though I have been studying MBTI for several years. Most of the online quizzes type me as INFP and I'm not totally in agreement with that as I don't think Fi is my dominant function.
    Hi there Super Nova. It's entirely possible to be INFP and not have Fi as your true dominant function actually, due to the way Mbti works. What do you think is, if not Fi?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Super Nova Welcome, glad to have you on board.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Enneagram

Welcome aboard! The Enneagram is easier, isn't it?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Welcome !

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You have burst onto the scene, Super Nova, brighter than a whole galaxy.

I hope you will buy me a coffee at the Personality Cafe as it sounds like my kind of cafe.

Welcome.
    Thanks for the welcome, Victor! I will be happy to buy you a coffee at Personality Cafe anytime!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Hi there Super Nova. It's entirely possible to be INFP and not have Fi as your true dominant function actually, due to the way Mbti works. What do you think is, if not Fi?
    Hi, Ragashree, and thanks for the welcome! The reason I think I am not dominant Fi is because, according to at least one of the personality type books by Paul Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger (or, at least, according to my memory of it), the dominant function is the function that makes itself known earliest in life. Two of the most vivid memories I have of my childhood are being able to memorize a large amount of information about subjects in which I had an interest and being able to easily make up stories (an ability I still have) and to use my toys for purposes other than those for which they are designed. From my admittedly relatively unsophisticated understanding of MBTI, those would be some form of Sensing and Intuition, respectively. It seems like I'm on a constant search to determine my true personality type. On the J/P scale, I have no doubt of my Pness, so I guess that leaves only eight types to explore!