User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    xNxP
    Enneagram

Default New to this all!

Hi!
    A few months back, I was introduced to Jungian types, and MBTI, and Socionics, and Enneagram by my boyfriend. I'm honestly intrigued, though currently, the only thing that can describe me without flaw is my 9 enneagram typing.
    Other than that, I'm sure I have Ne. My boyfriend basically demands I'm a socionic INTj (MBTI INTp, if I'm not mistaken?). I honestly believe that I'm a feeler-- that's why I'm here, basically. He always tells me that Thinkers hate the idea of being feelers, while feelers wouldn't mind being thinkers. Why then, would I be so sure I'm a feeler?
    I'd like to learn more about all these systems, even if I never understand, just so I can confirm either his thoughts or mine. I know I should just believe my own thoughts about myself, because I'm the only person who knows who I am-- but he's a Te man, and I find he just knows more than me in general.

If it helps at all, all MBTI tests I take say I'm an INFp. I'm told that's simply because I'm a girl. A good portion of my friends, if you asked whether I was a thinker or feeler, would say I'm a feeler though. When actually asked to compare type descriptions, a lot of the people who know me well said both fit me really well. One friend went on to elaborate that she'd lean towards INTp simply because I'm "good at math".

I hope I haven't talked all your ears off already! It's great to meet everyone, and I hope to make lots of new friends.

Phantonym

Welcome! Glad to have you on board. Enjoy accumulating knowledge in here.

MBTI
    xNxP
    Enneagram

Thanks =] I'm glad to be on board, and really hopeful about what I may learn.

Welcomeeeeeeeeee.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    xNxP
    Enneagram

Thank you ^.^

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Hello and welcome to the forums. As just an observation, I've noticed that thinkers generally know they're not feelers. And INFPs are often 9s, or 4s. The 9 could make your BF think you're a T, simply because you're not an emotional mess, if that's how he judges such things.

MBTI
    xNxP
    Enneagram

Thanks Raging, and Jock.
    JockTheMotie- That's pretty much what he says-- that thinkers know they aren't feelers, and don't want to be. However, I'm an apparent "thinker" who really really believes they're a feeler, whether it be Fe or Fi that I have.
    And I do tend not to be an emotional mess, though I'm extremely emotional and he knows it. In reading a dichotomy between Fe and Fi once, I read that Fe is more the "this is how i should feel", and Fi is "this is how I do feel"- which amused me to read since When I do break down and cry it's always a matter of "I just feel this way, and I don't want to simply because other people tell me I shouldn't and I know I'm upsetting other people by being upset, which in turn bothers my 9 and upsets me more"

MBTI
    INKP
    Enneagram
    5w4

In the words of no one in particular...

"Another day, another welcome. Tis good to meet fresh meat."
    "Quiiri ath metahn i'ashei?"
    Chronically Gephyrophobic

MBTI
    xNxP
    Enneagram

Thanks for the welcome =]