MBTI
    ENTP

hello & welcome.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by red13 View Post
    My first encounter with Personality type was in the early 1980's with Belbin (doesn't seem to get much mention on this site), for those that are familiar with Belbin I'm a Plant and Resource Investigator. If there's anyone out there that knows their belbin and MBTI it would be interesting to compare them. I suspect that Plants(Ideas people) are INTx.

The most useful thing to come out of my knowledge of Belbin type was how to recognize and get on with my opposites. In Belbin terminology this is a Monitor Evaluator, always shooting down Plants ideas. I suspect that monitor evaluators are ISTJs. Interestingly enough I'm married to an INTJ, opposites attract?

Spent the first 25 years of my working life as a systems/software engineer but have more recently setup a wholesale distribution company, with my wife, where I can use my systems knowledge to our own benefit.

Discovered MBTI when doing a Masters Degree in software engineering in 1999 and became interested in pair programming. I planned to research how well pairs performed based on their personality type, as far as I know their is no published research on this. I've spent most of my working life working in pairs, finding someone that was good at, and keen to do, those tasks that I couldn't. This includes apologizing, finishing, detail, reporting etc.
    Hello, red13. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

I haven't heard of Belbin. It sounds interesting, though.

What did you like most about working with computers, and what made you stop? Do you still keep up with technological goings-on to some degree?

What does a distribution company do? Are they the "middle men" that the vendors ship things to before they're sent out to retailers?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

welcome to the nuthouse, there's plenty of your kind around so you should be ok... kind of...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome red13! Any relation to the Final Fantasy VII character?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Welcome red13! Any relation to the Final Fantasy VII character?

I guess not, since I've not heard of Final Fantasy VII (computer game?). Red's my favourite colour and 13 is my lucky number(although I'm not superstitious).

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    What did you like most about working with computers, and what made you stop? Do you still keep up with technological goings-on to some degree?

What does a distribution company do? Are they the "middle men" that the vendors ship things to before they're sent out to retailers?
    I'm too old to have worked with computers at school, but came across them when I went to university(Mech Engineering at Kings College London) and found programming fascinating. So became a programmer on leaving uni and just found that I had a natural aptitude and understanding of computers, networks, comms etc.

Decided to set-up up a distribution company 5 years ago. We import mainly from the USA and sell to retailers througout UK and Europe. Our competive advantage comes from our internal systems, we refine them almost daily to make life more efficient for ourselves and to provide better service to our customers. We're what I would describe as an "agile" company, we can change very quickly. So I'm still doing a lot of programming and system work.

I've always hated working for other people and have been self employed for the last 14 years, possibly an INTJ trait? I now work with my wife who is an ISTJ, so we make a good if somewhat argumentitive team. My wife worries about the detail and what's happening now whereas I'm firmly entrenched in the future, looking for new products, markets etc.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by red13 View Post
    Well I've spent the last 8 years trying to decide between the J/P, although I always test as a J I feel more like a P although I'm currently coming down on the side of J. I create lists but then ignore them and can only make a decision "just in time"
    Welcome to forums... I think a lot of INJs feel like they're not so J... The J description doesn't fit with Ni dominant people very well.

I saw you dropped in to the chatroom... why didn't you stay?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I saw you dropped in to the chatroom... why didn't you stay?

The discussion at the time was about nailing Frogs to fences, not my cup of tea.

I view all animals, including humans, the same and I guess I wouldn;t much like being nailed to a fence and left to die. Being new to this forum I thought it better not to get into contentious discussions quite this early.

MBTI
    INFP

Welcome, Red13!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Welcome, red13!
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp