User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: About time...

Default About time...

Go on then, most of you old folks probably guessed already, but it's me, substitute.

I asked the mods for a change of name under a new account, lot of water under the bridge with my old account, lots of stuff I don't want to be associated any more, things I said, things I was, opinions and views I held that are somewhat out of date, all colouring people's perceptions of what I write and making me feel sort of "forced" into playing a role or character that's quite far from who I really am.

They said yes, on the premise that I voluntarily outed myself once I'd "settled in". So, here you go.

That'll be all.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    Go on then, most of you old folks probably guessed already, but it's me, substitute.

I asked the mods for a change of name under a new account, lot of water under the bridge with my old account, lots of stuff I don't want to be associated any more, things I said, things I was, opinions and views I held that are somewhat out of date, all colouring people's perceptions of what I write and making me feel sort of "forced" into playing a role or character that's quite far from who I really am.

They said yes, on the premise that I voluntarily outed myself once I'd "settled in". So, here you go.

That'll be all.
    NO....oh I was a fool to trust you! I feel so violated.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

YAY!!!! I thought you were gone for good! DDD So glad to see you here.

Phantonym

Glad to have you on board.

I must admit I had mixed feelings about the double standard regarding the of the forum when I figured out who you were after you joined. That is, when you put your blog address in the signature a few months ago.

I can understand why you felt like joining again with a new user name and you've had some time to create a fresh image but since you've "outed" yourself...what happens now? Personally, I can't help but have some negative feelings about the whole situation. Sorry, that's just how it is, it's nothing personal.

You're entitled to feel however you like about it; interpretations are bound to differ - the facts remain

I can see now, having refreshed my mind on the rulez, that my decision to add the blog link by way of gradually letting on was perhaps not as good an idea as I thought at the time. I put it there because I wasn't comfortable with the total deception, and thought that giving others a sporting chance to cotton on was slightly more honourable. But oh well. We live and learn, eh?

Little Linguist - thanks! Always a pleasure to 'see' you too!

Phantonym

I regard it as no harm done, not really. And I agree, we live and learn, you've obviously learned something as you don't associate yourself with the person you were, say, 3 years ago. And I think that people who care about you and your opinions in this place can see that and won't hold it against you in any way, no matter what user name you use.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

dammit... you let me post a "where the hell is substitute?" around several places :steam:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    dammit... you let me post a "where the hell is substitute?" around several places :steam:
    Really? I never saw those!

Then again, why would I have been looking for them? And I've really barely been here this last year.

Still, nice to know I was missed

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yes, I bitched several times that you weren't here... often with sad emoticons in tow

... seriously, I leave for 6 or so months and half the people I knew and associated with changed names or left
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Well I never!

Sorta know what you mean, though in some cases it's a good thing...