MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Two
    Socionics
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Welcome!

This ISTP guy hasn't by any chance accidentally invited you backpacking, has he?
    Hmmm....I feel like there is a story here somewhere....LOL
    But...alas...no....

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

My ex ISFJ gf's name was Laura. Did you move to Canada?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Little Laura View Post
    Oh no worries. I am not looking for a way to make things work. Its just interesting to see how similar and different people can be. We barely talk anymore. Just looking for some closure so I can move on with my life! LOL. Besides, nursing students don't have a whole lot of time for boys....someday....someday! :P
    Yes, I would have suggested the same thing as the others, but it seemed like you had already figured out you could be friends but did not share a commitment level.

My mother is an ISFJ and spent her entire career as a nurse for the same hospital. She still cares for elderly people in their homes nowadays, after being retired. Everyone really loved her.

Welcome. Glad you are here.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Two
    Socionics
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    My ex ISFJ gf's name was Laura. Did you move to Canada?
    NOPE. LOL. I am born and raised Canadian.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Two
    Socionics
    ESI

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes, I would have suggested the same thing as the others, but it seemed like you had already figured out you could be friends but did not share a commitment level.

My mother is an ISFJ and spent her entire career as a nurse for the same hospital. She still cares for elderly people in their homes nowadays, after being retired. Everyone really loved her.

Welcome. Glad you are here.
    That is amazing that she worked there for so long and is still helping people. I am not entirely sure what type of nursing I plan on specializing in. I really enjoy public health and psychiatric nursing, but I have also become more interested in hospice care. But we'll see after I am done and where I can get a job and what clinical placements I enjoy the most. It's definently very different than geography....who knew that plant biogeography and people could be so different?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Laura View Post
    Hmmm....I feel like there is a story here somewhere....LOL
    But...alas...no....
    It's a reference to another thread. . . LOL!

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Two
    Socionics
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    It's a reference to another thread. . . LOL!
    LOL. I found it and creeped it! I haven't had any backpacking trips with my ISTP. Although....anytime we have hooked up it just always seems to happen. For him it never is planned. So I can see where the guy is coming from in terms of accidentally inviting her along and then making out with her. I, on the otherhand, will plan things out in my head and make some preparations if I think it might happen, yet he never seems to see it coming. LOL
    "That's life. If nothing else, its life. It's real, and sometimes it fuckin' hurts, but it's sort of all we have."
    -Garden State

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Ooooooh another ISFJ! You too shall be added to my collection, yessss. *strokes your hair* XD

My boyfriend and best friend are ISFJ, you guys are good people. Boyfriend's also a nursing student, getting his RN after being a medic in the Airforce for a long time. Makes me wonder how many nurses are ISFJs.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    Ooooooh another ISFJ! You too shall be added to my collection, yessss. *strokes your hair* XD

My boyfriend and best friend are ISFJ, you guys are good people. Boyfriend's also a nursing student, getting his RN after being a medic in the Airforce for a long time. Makes me wonder how many nurses are ISFJs.
    I know three!

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Two
    Socionics
    ESI

I don't know how many nurses are ISFJs, but it is one of the top career choices for people who are ISFJs. I found this on the internet:

What are some of the aspects of nursing that appeal to ISFJs? Well, nurses often work in large, stable organizations with a clear hierarchy, plenty of rules to be learned, and in support of people. Nurses provide care and comfort to those in need. The work can be less prominent than that of physicians, which appeals to ISFJs and their desire to be number two and out of the limelight. Nurses often have a lot of patient contact, but it's in a structured and limited way. The ISFJ nurse usually does not have to reveal a lot of personal information about him- or herself to the patient. The conversations with patients tend to follow a set pattern and to repeat (e.g. how are you feeling). Nurses have to learn a lot of standardized procedures and facts about medicines, treatments, courses of diseases, and more. There is often a right way and a wrong way to perform a procedure, so the ISFJs will quickly learn what works and what doesn't. This is factual, here-and-now information, as opposed to some distant theory. Having a good knowledge of facts while paying careful attention to details, combined with a warm and personable style is an advantage in nursing. Likewise, the structure and schedule appeal to ISFJs. Many ISFJs are good organizers, and have a strong sense of duty and commitment. They frequently like the idea of a fixed start and finishing time for work, instead of a "work until it's done" kind of schedule. However, their sense of duty will often compel them to do just that: stay until the job is finished. Many ISFJs are quite loyal, respect tradition, and frequently are the people who keep things running smoothly behind the scenes.
    "That's life. If nothing else, its life. It's real, and sometimes it fuckin' hurts, but it's sort of all we have."
    -Garden State