First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Two
    Socionics
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I dunno..that first post was pretty intimidating. Not to mention that scary name "LITTLE Laura." I'm trying not to be afraid, but you've made it very difficult!
    I said not to be afraid because my creeping has revealed a fair amount of ISFJ bashing.....LOL...not exactly a confidence booster for someone new to the forums!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Little Laura View Post
    I said not to be afraid because my creeping has revealed a fair amount of ISFJ bashing.....LOL...not exactly a confidence booster for someone new to the forums!
    Don't worry, they're just jealous.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Wave the ISFJ banner high, JTG!!!
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Welcome! We're in need of more ISFJs, so I hope you'll be around the forum often. Just jump in and let your personality shine, you'll be just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

THANKS!
    UGH. Well he's a guy I've been seeing on and off for about a year. When I met him I thought we were dating...he thought we were just having fun. I didn't find this out until he texted me one day a couple months later and told me that we shouldn't sleep together anymore. I found out that he was ACTUALLY dating some other girl he just met. He stopped talking to me. Two months later he texted me again. We became friends. And fell into the same old habits. Then same thing happened and he tried to get back together with an ex. So he stopped talking to me again. Then after that fell through, I was the shoulder he came back to cry on and I tried to be his friend, but same thing happened again. Months later, he started pushing me out of his life for another girl. So I decided to end whatever it was that we had for the most part, except for the occasional text. I think what I found interesting was the way that ISTP show that they care. From my research and experience, I have found them to have difficulty communicating feelings, but rather show how they care. When I first met him, this guy loved nothing more than to fix my truck or buy me dinner. Also, I have a strong need to plan things. He hated it. I tried for weeks to get him to go on a day trip with me. It took forever for it to finally happen. Either he wouldn't give me a confirmation or he would want to suddenly go at a moment's notice (not okay with me LOL). Mainly, I was drawn to him because of our differences. He interested me because of his ability to be spontaneous and his giftedness with his hands. He is able to tear a machine apart and fix it without needing to consult any sort of manual (I would be doing tons of research and would need things to be done by the book). Also, he is a bit of a daredevil. We do have very interesting conversations, because we are both very logical and reasonable and we both need our own space. People have some very interesting insights here.
    Yeah, I've said before and I'll say it again. SPs will continue gloriously falling back into a safety net if you provide one for us. So if you are this dude's "comfort girl" or "back-up girl" that he can keep going back to when it doesn't work out with new, exciting chicks, then of course he's going to take advantage of that. I continued to borrow money from my mother over and over and over again, despite the fact I wasted a ton of it on things I didn't actually need, and quit jobs when I had no backup source of income. I didn't stop doing that until my mom finally said "I CAN'T give you any more money." Then I actually had to be more responsible out of necessity.

It's the same principle with your guy there. If you continue to let him, he will continue to get involved with whatever new girl excites him but keep coming back to you when it doesn't work out. If you're cool with that, then cool. If you want it to change you have to be clear and firm with him. Either say you're only going to be his friend and nothing more or if you're going to date, then he has to stop looking for other women or it's over.

Not telling you what to do, just offering some of the little knowledge I've gathered on this subject.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Hi! Welcome!

Good luck with your ISTP!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

*sigh* Yet another crazed ISTP huh? Someone needs to put a stop to the madness! Neuter those guys!!
    I feel for you hun. Here's a hug .
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Phantonym

Welcome. And now I'm reminded of the Little House on the Prairie.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

THANKS!
    UGH. Well he's a guy I've been seeing on and off for about a year. When I met him I thought we were dating...he thought we were just having fun. I didn't find this out until he texted me one day a couple months later and told me that we shouldn't sleep together anymore. I found out that he was ACTUALLY dating some other girl he just met. He stopped talking to me. Two months later he texted me again. We became friends. And fell into the same old habits. Then same thing happened and he tried to get back together with an ex. So he stopped talking to me again. Then after that fell through, I was the shoulder he came back to cry on and I tried to be his friend, but same thing happened again. Months later, he started pushing me out of his life for another girl. So I decided to end whatever it was that we had for the most part, except for the occasional text. I think what I found interesting was the way that ISTP show that they care. From my research and experience, I have found them to have difficulty communicating feelings, but rather show how they care. When I first met him, this guy loved nothing more than to fix my truck or buy me dinner. Also, I have a strong need to plan things. He hated it. I tried for weeks to get him to go on a day trip with me. It took forever for it to finally happen. Either he wouldn't give me a confirmation or he would want to suddenly go at a moment's notice (not okay with me LOL). Mainly, I was drawn to him because of our differences. He interested me because of his ability to be spontaneous and his giftedness with his hands. He is able to tear a machine apart and fix it without needing to consult any sort of manual (I would be doing tons of research and would need things to be done by the book). Also, he is a bit of a daredevil. We do have very interesting conversations, because we are both very logical and reasonable and we both need our own space. People have some very interesting insights here.
    You need to find a new BF. It's that simple. Neither one of you are going to change. You are not what he wants and he is not what you want. Find someone who appreciates you and will not take advantage of what you do. Find a new BF and cut the ISTP out.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

ISFJ's are pretty cool, I can tolerate them in most any situation.

PS: I agree with Giggly. Don't think your relationship with him is going to work out from what you've told so far. Just because there are aspects of him you do like, doesn't mean you two are cut out for each other!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf