User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

Default ESTJ Girl Takes a Dive into the Forum!

Hello Everyone!

I was just referred here by a friend a few hours ago...thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm halfway through my undergraduate eduction, studying medicine and jazz music (I play piano and sing). I'm a total overachiever in pretty much every area. I write, sing, draw, act, paint, workout 6x a week, head a couple of campus organizations, and plan to save the world someday.

I guess I'll go ahead and pose a question:

I've met a bunch of jerks in college so far. I feel like all the guys are still immature and uninterested in the world around them (unless it deals with football or "hot chicks"). When are they going to grow up? My current plan is to just wait for prince charming to come along in medical school. But, as for now, the dating prospects seem very slim. Am I ever going to find a guy that can put up with my intense passion for life?

many thanks,
    msliz08 :-)

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Hello!

Welcome to the forum.

What jazz tunes do you like to play? I studied jazz at the New School for Social Research in NYC. Me=drummer.

Do you play classical piano too?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msliz08 View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I was just referred here by a friend a few hours ago...thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm halfway through my undergraduate eduction, studying medicine and jazz music (I play piano and sing). I'm a total overachiever in pretty much every area. I write, sing, draw, act, paint, workout 6x a week, head a couple of campus organizations, and plan to save the world someday.

I've met a bunch of jerks in college so far. I feel like all the guys are still immature and uninterested in the world around them (unless it deals with football or "hot chicks"). When are they going to grow up? My current plan is to just wait for prince charming to come along in medical school. But, as for now, the dating prospects seem very slim. Am I ever going to find a guy that can put up with my intense passion for life?

many thanks,
    msliz08 :-)
    you self select for those men. probably ISTPs.

Not all men are ESTP immature self-ish assholes (its the stereotype, no ESTPs on the board should take offense if they are over the age of 30). Go find an INFP .

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by msliz08 View Post
    Hello Everyone!

Greetings! Welcome to the wonderful world of self-discovery.

Yes, the guys are still immature. They'll grow up at different rates. Even the "mature" ones at your age are "differently immature," and are still growing and deciding what kind of person to be.

Now for the stinging rebuke: you aren't mature, either. I don't mean that in an insulting way at all, but rather that you have a long way to go. You don't know what you don't know, yet. You're a great person right now, but in 5 years you're gonna be even better, and in 10 years even better than that. Same with all these immature guys.

Give it time. In the meanwhile, learn about yourself, what you want, what your goals are, how might your goals change, and so on.

"Am I ever going to find a guy that can put up with my intense passion for life?"
    Answer: Not until you are ready to put up with him.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    ESTJ

sweet!! yes, I do play classical (12 years...always room for improvement though!)

and as for jazz tunes, I play in a jazz combo with other music majors and we typically just play through the real book, memorize 2 songs per week, and perform at local venues around town on the weekends. We also plays charts we write in our spare time.

I guess to name a few we played last week: Stella, Recorda-Me, lullaby of birdland (i sang on that one), frim fram sauce (vocals), and i can't really remember the others.

i play keys for the unversity jazz band and we do all sorts of stuff. we did a pretty tight mike manieri chart last semester and got to play with him! soloing with him was probably the coolest thing I've gotten to do there to date- awesome musician.

so do you still play? what are some of your fav charts?

Phantonym

Welcome.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Good to see more SJ's on board .. take a seat, infact i will. I'm knackered reading how busy your life is.

“I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESTJ

yup...I think you're totally spot on with that one.

I do tend to seek out the jerks because they're usually cuter and more savvy in the world of dating so they're harder to catch. I figured that out about a month ago and now i'm talking to a genuinely nice guy. it's going great so far!

and yes, unfortunately, that was always my problem...wanting to be 30 when I'm still 19. I know I still have a lot of maturing and self-discovery to do. I guess I'm just impatient and eager to get out there! I just need to learn to take things one day at a time and enjoy the ride :-)

Thanks for the input everyone.

MBTI
    ESTJ

wow. everyone responds so quickly on here!

knackered. tired, exhausted, UK origins. note to self: add "knackered" to lexicon.

cool word. i'm definitely gonna pass that on to my friends in the US!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    you self select for those men. probably ISTPs.

Not all men are ESTP immature self-ish assholes (its the stereotype, no ESTPs on the board should take offense if they are over the age of 30). Go find an INFP .
    I am NOT over the age of 30 and am in a happily settled relationship

and to the OP... hello! glad to have you here... and most college guys of any types are jerks- once you graduate you'll find dudes falling at your feet and wonder "are they delusional?" before finally coming to accept it!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett