User Tag List

Thread: Hello everyone!

Red face Hello everyone!

Hi there,

I've just joined Typology Central because I made a video (my first ever!) to post here and try to get some help determining my type.

Well, I'm in the process of uploading the video to YouTube, so once it's accepted and archived and what-have-you I'll share it here!

My first type indicator test was during the break-up of a long term relationship about a year ago. I was hoping to get some information about why our relationship seemed to go so badly; and avoid the same problems in the future.

My ex tested (free online test, nothing involved or properly done, I'm sure) as ENFP and I as INTJ. At first, I thought "Wow, this is great; the type descriptions explain a lot about our differences in looking at the world and interacting with others" but after reading more into the cognitive functions and type descriptions I'm not really sure INTJ fits me that well. The problem is, I don't know what else I would be! INTP? ENTP? ISTP? Aggggh! Help!

Sincerely,
    Tone and Timbre

Dali

Hi there, welcome to TypeC.

Look forward to seeing that vid once its ready.

Phantonym

Hello and welcome!

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Tone and Timbre View Post
    Hi there,

I've just joined Typology Central because I made a video (my first ever!) to post here and try to get some help determining my type.

Well, I'm in the process of uploading the video to YouTube, so once it's accepted and archived and what-have-you I'll share it here!

My first type indicator test was during the break-up of a long term relationship about a year ago. I was hoping to get some information about why our relationship seemed to go so badly; and avoid the same problems in the future.

My ex tested (free online test, nothing involved or properly done, I'm sure) as ENFP and I as INTJ. At first, I thought "Wow, this is great; the type descriptions explain a lot about our differences in looking at the world and interacting with others" but after reading more into the cognitive functions and type descriptions I'm not really sure INTJ fits me that well. The problem is, I don't know what else I would be! INTP? ENTP? ISTP? Aggggh! Help!

Sincerely,
    Tone and Timbre
    I am struck first by your name, "Tone and Timbre", which refer to your voice.

And I have just watched part of your video and I can still hear your voice. And I am tempted to play with your voice.

Of course you probably realise that your voice, your tone and timbre, reveal your inner self.

And on the surface, as you realise yourself, you are delightfully intellectual. And you are accompanied by and complemented by the sound of your voice.

I confess I would like to talk to you but take your focus from your thoughts into the sound of your voice. And of course you could focus on the sound of my voice, and how they sound together.

And if sharing the sound of our voices become too much we could retreat to the safety of sharing our thoughts. But when we felt safe enough, we could begin again to play with tone and timbre.

Oh, I've just had a thought and that is that our voices are coming into their own with the internet where I have just heard your voice for the first time.

I guess one of my favourite thinkers is Marshall McLuhan and his book, "Understanding Media".

And his thoughts guide me in the direction of your tone and timbre.

Victor.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

welp, it was nice knowing you, tone.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome aboard.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~