User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

Smile Female ESTJ newbie

Hi there,

I did my first MBTI this week and discovered I'm an ESTJ. I have to admit to being completely fascinated by the whole concept. As an ESTJ woman, I now understand why I never had a boyfriend as a teenager, and why people think I'm scary.... I don't think I'm scary, of course, unless you're not very bright, in which case I don't care....

I'm in my mid thirties, live in the UK, am married (to an Ixxx; I must make him do a profile), with two children.

I'd be particularly interested in talking to other ESTJ females.

Martinette.
    Female ESTJ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Hello Martinette! My GF is ESTJ. She must be a masochist, associating herself with a bum weirdo who doesn't bother to match his own socks and utilizes the sniff test to its utmost potential.

Welcome to the forums!

MBTI
    ESTJ

Aw thanks everyone for the welcome.

Jock - how do you cope with her? You must be a pretty tolerant guy to put up with her needing to run the whole world...? I'm constantly amazed that my husband hasn't run off to find some fifties housewife who will stop bossing him around, but he claims to like me and who am I to argue...
    Female ESTJ

Phantonym

Welcome to the forums.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martinette View Post
    Aw thanks everyone for the welcome.

Jock - how do you cope with her? You must be a pretty tolerant guy to put up with her needing to run the whole world...? I'm constantly amazed that my husband hasn't run off to find some fifties housewife who will stop bossing him around, but he claims to like me and who am I to argue...
    Dirty little secret: I AM a pretty tolerant guy but if there's anything I've ever wanted it's someone to handle running the whole world while I get to do my own thing. I'm addicted to her bulldozer take-no-prisoners style [I think it's funny, I push her buttons on purpose and she knows it, which makes her even more incensed] and she automatically makes me more productive being around her while she automatically get's more relaxed, go-with-the-flow, and silly-happy being around me. It's bizarre, but our quirks match up well so it definitely works.

Also she's the sexiest thing in the world and can cook!

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Dirty little secret: I AM a pretty tolerant guy but if there's anything I've ever wanted it's someone to handle running the whole world while I get to do my own thing. I'm addicted to her bulldozer take-no-prisoners style [I think it's funny, I push her buttons on purpose and she knows it, which makes her even more incensed] and she automatically makes me more productive being around her while she automatically get's more relaxed, go-with-the-flow, and silly-happy being around me. It's bizarre, but our quirks match up well so it definitely works.

Also she's the sexiest thing in the world and can cook!
    How lovely. I think my husband feels the same about me (apart from the cooking bit). I'm sure she's very grateful to have found someone who appreciates her. I'm told that's all us ESTJs want, is appreciation - certainly true for me.
    Female ESTJ

MBTI
    ISTP

I love me some more ESTJs!

My friend EJCC on here is an actively posting female ESTJ, so she's a good person to get to know as well.

And welcome!

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I love me some more ESTJs!

My friend EJCC on here is an actively posting female ESTJ, so she's a good person to get to know as well.

And welcome!
    Thanks for the welcome Max.

I still can't get over how I can read threads by other ESTJs and think: OMG that is just ME. How did they get into my head? After thirty years of looking at other people and thinking, "Come ON! Why is everybody being so bloody emotional? Can't we just get on with sorting this out?", now I understand that for others, it just doesn't work like that.

The ESTJ woman thing is interesting too. I sometimes feel like a fish out of water with other women and it can make me feel really unfeminine at times. My friends put up with a lot, and they know if they ask a "feeling" question of me, that I'm likely to start telling jokes and taking the piss out of myself rather than address the issue. If they're laughing, they like me, right? And if they're not laughing, they must not be worth bothering about....
    Female ESTJ