User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Welcome Martinette - I do hope you get comfy here at TypoC!

My hubs is an ESTJ btw, just love you all I do!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My sister's an ESTJ!

Welcome, welcome!!!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ESFJ

Pleasure to have you on board.

Bar/nibbles is in that direction .. Enjoy
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Welcome to TypeC!

Join the ESTJ party!!!

I'd be particularly interested in talking to other ESTJ females.
    Here I am! I'm pretty much the only regularly posting ESTJ girl here. I've done what I can to make some sort of impact, but when there's only one of you... But anyways, you have NO IDEA how excited I am that you're here!! Another female ESTJ! Who seems really nice, and friendly and such! Rock on, dude! But yeah, if you have questions or anything, feel free to ask. I certainly won't hesitate to

Quote Originally Posted by Martinette View Post
    The ESTJ woman thing is interesting too. I sometimes feel like a fish out of water with other women and it can make me feel really unfeminine at times. My friends put up with a lot, and they know if they ask a "feeling" question of me, that I'm likely to start telling jokes and taking the piss out of myself rather than address the issue. If they're laughing, they like me, right? And if they're not laughing, they must not be worth bothering about....
    I definitely do exactly the same thing, i.e. turning an admission of your feelings into a joke to make it easier, and a kind of test for your friends. For instance, if I do that and they don't laugh, it gets really awkward...

As an ESTJ woman, I now understand why I never had a boyfriend as a teenager...
    OMG I DIDN'T EITHER Bonding moment

p.s. Feel free to answer questions on my "Ask an ESTJ" thread, or just make random statements that you think may be helpful to people in need of insight into our type. No pressure though.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Hi Martinette! Welcome to the forums!
    See you out there.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    My sister's an ESTJ!

Welcome, welcome!!!

Mine too.

My condolences.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    OMG I DIDN'T EITHER Bonding moment
    I always knew it was because I seemed too scary, but didn't realise why. It was because I was more confident than the others, and less eyelash-fluttery-malleable.

EJCC - have you found that your significant relationships have been with people who have very strong women in their lives? My first boyfriend was brought up by his mum, and my husband's mother is a completely archetypal ESTJ (to the point of receiving an MBE from the queen last year for "services to the community", and being the most fearsome complainer in shops and restaurants.)
    Female ESTJ

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Welcome, Martinette!
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

cataplum!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I always knew it was because I seemed too scary, but didn't realise why. It was because I was more confident than the others, and less eyelash-fluttery-malleable.
    Yeah, I think immature guys are scared of assertive, opinionated girls.

EJCC - have you found that your significant relationships have been with people who have very strong women in their lives? My first boyfriend was brought up by his mum, and my husband's mother is a completely archetypal ESTJ (to the point of receiving an MBE from the queen last year for "services to the community", and being the most fearsome complainer in shops and restaurants.)
    Hm... hard to say. I don't really think so. The first guy who asked me out had an assertive dad (possibly ESTJ), a wimpy mom and a wimpy sister. But he was a bit of an intellectual snob (possibly INTJ), and I think he liked me because he liked the idea of having a girlfriend who was his intellectual equal, and willing to stick up for herself enough for back-and-forth debate-ish things to be possible.

But with other boyfriends, sure, sometimes they've had strong women in their lives. But mostly they're just attracted to strong women, for whatever reason
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my best friend is an ESTJ and was informed by a male friend that guys never approached her because she scared them... she asked why and all we could come up with was that instead of walking down the street like a 5 year old walking through Sesame Street (like I do ) she walked along looking determined (as in making a mental to-do list for the day)

she's married to an Ixxx (probably ISTP) now and is quite happy...

nice to have you here!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett