User Tag List

123 Last

Default Hi, I'm Forfe -> ENT something

Warning: Longest intro you'll ever read (or not, what do I know), but it's totally worth it

^----Hey people. New guy here with no real clue as to what type I am, I seem to score as ENTJ with a kinda weak J on some of those online tests but I'm not sure the descriptions really fit. Mainly it seems I'm supposed to be a natural leader and an avid organizer.

For the life of me I can't keep possessions organized, although I do like to have somewhat of a plan for events both short and long term. I am somewhat impulsive and will gladly modify existing plans or even drop whatever I'm doing and join in on something else if it seems worth it, but I like to have an overall idea and control of what's going on.

Oh and I also have no real interest in leading others, however I WILL take charge immediately in situations I think are progressing ineffectively or in a way I don't like. At the same time I will rarely step up in any group and take charge just for the sake of it.

Another thing is I change hobbies and interests at about the same rate as my underwear (once every two or three weeks ) This goes for everything, from daily interests to life goals - I make up my mind on something and it usually lasts for as long as it takes for me to get a new "brilliant" idea. E.g. it's been massively difficult to settle on a field of education, last thing I did was business & economics... starting med school next year though and planning to stick with it.

I guess I can be an argumentative sob and the stronger people's convictions are regarding something the more I love taking the opposite stance just to piss them off. Also, even if I agree with something, arguing against it often results in good arguments FOR it from the other part that I can use myself later. Win-win, really. I also have a tendency to be a bit too blunt with people, and joke about their insecurities. My friends know me I guess, and don't really mind (and most will do the same to me), however people who don't really know me, especially if they're kind of insecure, can think I'm an ass sometimes.

Emotionally I'm a caveman and pretty much function on an all-or-nothing basis where I either couldn't care less or get overly invested. If something bothers me I shut it in, never tell anyone and get it out the only way that's fun for everyone (alcohol). Ahh, whatever works, right? I care very deeply for a few very good friends, other than that I have a million "friends"/acquaintances that I hang out with but wouldn't really miss, to put it that way.

I've concluded I'm fairly sure I'm ENTx but I have no idea what that x is. Might be really simple but I don't know enough about it yet to find out. Guess I'll figure it out eventually.

Btw it might not have been worth reading afterall but it took you 1 minute and has the potential to help me out, so boohoo

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Hello!

(what type of alcohol?)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Sounds like ENTP to me.

Welcome
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Also, if you figure out your dominant function, you can probably figure out your type.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Hello!

(what type of alcohol?)
    G&T, bitter lemon

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Also, if you figure out your dominant function, you can probably figure out your type.
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

(You'd be looking between Extraverted Intuition (Ne, meaning ENTP) or Extraverted thinking (Te, meaning ENTJ)
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

hello. you sound ENTPish.

luckily, the last letter is the easiest to figure out. hope we can help.

try taking this test: Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

if you take it, let us know your scores

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Forfe View Post
    ^----Hey people. New guy here with no real clue as to what type I am, I seem to score as ENTJ with a kinda weak J on some of those online tests but I'm not sure the descriptions really fit. Mainly it seems I'm supposed to be a natural leader and an avid organizer.

For the life of me I can't keep possessions organized, although I do like to have somewhat of a plan for events both short and long term. I am somewhat impulsive and will gladly modify existing plans or even drop whatever I'm doing and join in on something else if it seems worth it, but I like to have an overall idea and control of what's going on.

Oh and I also have no real interest in leading others, however I WILL take charge immediately in situations I think are progressing ineffectively or in a way I don't like. At the same time I will rarely step up in any group and take charge just for the sake of it.

Another thing is I change hobbies and interests at about the same rate as my underwear (once every two or three weeks ) This goes for everything, from daily interests to life goals - I make up my mind on something and it usually lasts for as long as it takes for me to get a new "brilliant" idea. E.g. it's been massively difficult to settle on a field of education, last thing I did was business & economics... starting med school next year though and planning to stick with it.
    Hello, Forfe. (What word/phrase is that a corruption of? For fee? Forfeit? For free? Forte? Tell me already!) Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding MBTI or general psychology.

Anyway, you seem to be an ENTP, because your behavior seems very Ne, rather than Te.
    I guess I can be an argumentative sob and the stronger people's convictions are regarding something the more I love taking the opposite stance just to piss them off. Also, even if I agree with something, arguing against it often results in good arguments FOR it from the other part that I can use myself later. Win-win, really. I also have a tendency to be a bit too blunt with people, and joke about their insecurities. My friends know me I guess, and don't really mind (and most will do the same to me), however people who don't really know me, especially if they're kind of insecure, can think I'm an ass sometimes.
    Typical ENTx problem... still sounds more ENTP. Occasionally I take an opposite stance for the sake of argument, but I try to stop short of actually frustrating the other person, and really only try to do this with people who I know won't be bothered by it.
    Emotionally I'm a caveman and pretty much function on an all-or-nothing basis where I either couldn't care less or get overly invested. If something bothers me I shut it in, never tell anyone and get it out the only way that's fun for everyone (alcohol). Ahh, whatever works, right? I care very deeply for a few very good friends, other than that I have a million "friends"/acquaintances that I hang out with but wouldn't really miss, to put it that way.
    This is fitting very well with an ENTP's tertiary Fe role, and your complaints about your disorganized environment seem very much like inferior Si...

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hello there! Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Hello, Forfe. (What word/phrase is that a corruption of? For fee? Forfeit? For free? Forte? Tell me already!) Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding MBTI or general psychology.
    Heh, it's an old screenname derived from Ohforf - people would always just call me Forf. Which sounds like Forfe. Kinda. Now Ohforf is the protagonist in a very funny webcomic, and there's a backstory to that name there as well but I'm assuming it's not -that- interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Nice read. From the descriptions of the Ne and Te types, I figured I was most likely Ne (thus ENTP).

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    hello. you sound ENTPish.

luckily, the last letter is the easiest to figure out. hope we can help.

try taking this test: Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

if you take it, let us know your scores
    Code:
    Cognitive Process	Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) 	***************************  (27.9)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) 	********************  (20.5)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) 	********************************************  (44.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) 	**************************  (26.7)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) 	**********************************  (34.9)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) 	*******************************************  (43.9)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) 	*********************  (21.3)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) 	*******************  (19.5)
    limited use
    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP
    Seems you were all right huh, thanks for the input
    Last edited by Forfe; 11-29-2007 at 12:00 AM. Reason: tpyo/mispsleligns