User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default Belated introduction: Big, fat ENFP

What's up all? Hope you're all keeping steady.

I developed a little interest in the MBTI back in high school, where I tested positive for ENFP-itis in one of my English classes. Re-testing since then only confirms the result, and I feel I match the profile of an ENFP pretty solidly. I'm honestly here less because I am into personality typology than because my friend Kanamori told me it was a cool place, but it looks like I'm set to learn some interesting things.

Would anyone mind telling me where I can go to read about the different functions? I'm talking about such things as "extraverted intuition" and "introverted feeling." Just want to learn more about the functions and how they relate to the types.
    Don't let the haters fade you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh goody! hi!

you can use the search function...i never have much luck with it but you might.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Hello, bulba in disguise! Welcome to the forums!

I think this is a good place to start. Introverted Feeling

Phantonym

Howdy, DMCubic! Glad to meet you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hi!

I started learning about the functions here:

Function Attitude

The descriptions aren't that accurate, but it would probably give you an idea of how complicated and confusing the concepts are

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome aboard.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Welcome!

I can list a few sources.

Psychological Types - Jung. Jung isn't a bad place to start seeing it is his theory. I found it has a few too many words and not enough pictures for an ENFP though .

Peter Geyer MBTi. This is an interesting read on MBTi, at least the parts I got round to, I'm lazy.

Fundamental Nature of MBTi. This is a weird visual theory of the functions and how they handle information. Pretty cool.

If you want the gist of it.

According to the theories, as an ENFP you'll primarily use Extroverted Intuition (Ne), which is a perceiving function. Ne sees possibilities in the world. Read that last sentence literally. Ne doesn't detach and infer possibilities, they are part of the scene. You'll make judgements using Introverted Feeling (Fi). These will be more theoretical answers than anything definite that spurs you into action. Fi is probably the most argued about function on this board, but essentially it analyses what you know in search of it's essence or fundamental nature (soul if you like). It's one weird function, but cool. Extroverted Thinking (Te) will be a second judging function for you (weaker than the first). Te seeks smooth operation and order in your surroundings. In most ENFPs it comes up more as strange obsessive-compulsive quirks than anything overriding.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.