First 12

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
    I guess I have too much free time on my hands for just one mbti-based forum. Hi! I hate doing introductions, so I'll make this more of a blog post for the reader to deduce as they like. Oh wait... this is a mixed forum. Feel whatever you want, if that's what you're into.

I've yet to build a social base at school, and it's allowed me to enjoy my inner-dialogues to a deeper extent. One thing I really appreciate about myself is that I rarely cut myself off. Also, when I do interrupt myself it's easy to return to the original thought process if it was actually going somewhere. Today I explained the premise of Foundation, which I haven't even thought of for several years. I'd like to major in psychohistory, but International Studies will do for now.

In case the last paragraph makes me sound like a loser- I do have friends, and I engage in select social events, but it can be hard to find someone who wants to take long walks in bad weather to talk about canaanite deities, Romantic poets, sex and rock and roll. And since the battery on my laptop is ailing, I'm not going to bring it with me.
    Yap, yap, yap yap. Anyway welcome.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Hello, and welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INTP

Hey thanks guys- I recognize a few of you.

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Indeed... much of history is psycho, so there's plenty of material to study. Any particular psychoes you're interested in?

I'm game if the walk is a multi-day hike through rugged terrain with only a water bottle. The worse weather, the better (none of that wimpy "Spring thunderstorm" or "white Christmas" snowstorm stuff)!
    Psychohistory is from Foundation. It's a study to calculate social future by analyzing past civilization behaviors. As for the weather, all I have right now is dreary Puget Sound overcast with alternating mists and downpours. Occasional sunshine.

And... the Canaanite deities are just a part of my fascination with the history of the Near East. I'm taking a Hebrew class now, and since my teacher didn't think my name was Hebrew enough (though it's the same as her mother's?) I am now "ענת," the goddess of love and war.

As for the weather, all I have right now is dreary Puget Sound overcast with alternating mists and downpours. Occasional sunshine.

MBTI
    INFP

*giggles* Growing up, my siblings called me Sandwich! Welcome!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Welcome sandwich! We hope you like what we've done with the place.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I guess I have too much free time on my hands for just one mbti-based forum. Hi! I hate doing introductions, so I'll make this more of a blog post for the reader to deduce as they like. Oh wait... this is a mixed forum. Feel whatever you want, if that's what you're into.

I've yet to build a social base at school, and it's allowed me to enjoy my inner-dialogues to a deeper extent. One thing I really appreciate about myself is that I rarely cut myself off. Also, when I do interrupt myself it's easy to return to the original thought process if it was actually going somewhere. Today I explained the premise of Foundation, which I haven't even thought of for several years. I'd like to major in psychohistory, but International Studies will do for now.

In case the last paragraph makes me sound like a loser- I do have friends, and I engage in select social events, but it can be hard to find someone who wants to take long walks in bad weather to talk about canaanite deities, Romantic poets, sex and rock and roll. And since the battery on my laptop is ailing, I'm not going to bring it with me.
    Hello, sandwich. Welcome to MBTI Central. Hopefully you can offer us more insight into MBTI with all your studying...

I've heard of Roman, Greek, Norse, and Jewish deities, but I didn't know Canaanites worshiped anything. Interesting to know.

Romantic poets? So you appreciated the Romanticism era and it's respective artwork/writings? What in particular?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Hello, sandwich. Welcome to MBTI Central. Hopefully you can offer us more insight into MBTI with all your studying...

I've heard of Roman, Greek, Norse, and Jewish deities, but I didn't know Canaanites worshiped anything. Interesting to know.

Romantic poets? So you appreciated the Romanticism era and it's respective artwork/writings? What in particular?
    Canaanites shared some of the general Mesopotamian deities and also had some Egyptian influence. Baal and Asharah are mentioned a few times in the Tanakh, and then there's a bunch of others. It's really interesting to see how the names incorporated into the semitic languages and religion.

I like Donne, Shakespeare, Coleridge... I just got back from a Blake reading. It's his birthday today! Apparently there's a huge wealth of his poems I have never read. The one about the old woman and infant boy in the desert creeped me out a little.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Pleased to see you haven't chosen sides.

Enjoy the ambiance!