User Tag List

123 Last

Default ISFJ saying hello

Just saying "hi." I've been exploring Myers-Briggs for about a year while trying to figure out what I want in life. I need a 'plan' :rolli:

Anyhow, I'm a SAHM and part-time interior decorator/professional organizer married to a ESTP (oy, the communication is interesting!) and mom to three kids - two of whom are teenagers.

My biggest issue right now is my struggle with my introvertedness, yet at the same time if I'm alone too much I feel funky and mildly depressed. As an Introvert I wasn't expecting that. I also find it incredibly difficult to be an entrepneur and promote myself etc.

My hobbies are probably the typical S things - landscaping, holidays, fitness, Walt Disney World, entertaining (small groups only), and travelling. OK, I also am interested in the environtment and human rights.

Nice to be here!
    Alicia

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Welcome! The introvert SAHM isolation thing is weird and kind of un-fun, isn't it? I've never really figured out much of a solution for that myself.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yay, an ISFJ!

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Anyhow, I'm ... married to a ESTP...
    Oh, sounds like my parents (same personalities).

My biggest issue right now is my struggle with my introvertedness, yet at the same time if I'm alone too much I feel funky and mildly depressed. As an Introvert I wasn't expecting that. I also find it incredibly difficult to be an entrepeneur and promote myself etc.
    Don't blame yourself, hon. Introverts all have some trouble with it, and ISFJs really really HATE to blow their own horn. It's something to work at, but don't ever feel like something's wrong with you. The feelings you describe overall seem very typical for people similar to you in your situation.

Anyway, welcome, Alicia; we're glad to have you here.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Welcome!

I have experienced everything you described in your paragraph about the challenges of introversion. I finally decided earlier this year that the only solution was to become a more extraverted and social introvert. It's not easy at first, but once you get going, life is great!

When I first started out with this extraversion thing, I managed to tick off more people in the first month than I have my entire life! This threw me off guard and concerned me at first, but after reflecting on it further, I realized that these were people who really needed to be ticked off to challenge their unrealistic assumptions about me and life in general! I now get along fine with them.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

OK, I also am interested in the environtment and human rights.

Nice to be here!
    Alicia
    LOL cuz u r n F. (talk about wit huh guys?)

Seriously, though, what kind of environmental interests do you mean?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Just saying "hi." I've been exploring Myers-Briggs for about a year while trying to figure out what I want in life. I need a 'plan' :rolli:

Anyhow, I'm a SAHM and part-time interior decorator/professional organizer married to a ESTP (oy, the communication is interesting!) and mom to three kids - two of whom are teenagers.

My biggest issue right now is my struggle with my introversion, yet at the same time if I'm alone too much I feel funky and mildly depressed. As an Introvert I wasn't expecting that. I also find it incredibly difficult to be an entrepreneur and promote myself etc.

My hobbies are probably the typical S things - landscaping, holidays, fitness, Walt Disney World, entertaining (small groups only), and traveling. OK, I also am interested in the environment and human rights.

Nice to be here!
    Alicia
    Hello, Alicia. (Did you know you have a name that is valid in spell check? That's rare.) Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

I'm a little surprised an ISFJ would be caught dead without a really detailed long-range plan to work too hard at. I always assumed they were the most organized/regimented types next to ISTJ's. Was I wrong?

Be forewarned, however, that MBTI and this forum can involve a lot of complex, abstract ideas. That may be a nightmare for someone with inferior Ne, but I hope you can bear with us and offer your insights and questions.

I often seem to wonder what I want to do with my life, too. I keep thinking about doing something, or making friends, but it never seems to fit into my schedule, and I get distracted by what I'm doing tomorrow or the next day instead.

What exactly does being an interior decorator and/or professional organizer entail? I've never even heard of the latter.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Hello.

Isn't much in the way of ISFJ's around here. Glad to have you.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Hey

What about asking your hubby to bring you parties to get some social contact.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Pleased to have you here!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Sounds like I'm pretty typical then for an Introvert.

I finally decided earlier this year that the only solution was to become a more extraverted and social introvert. It's not easy at first, but once you get going, life is great!
    I agree. Since I started working and having to deal with clients and go into people's homes, I've become more social. It certainly doesn't come naturally, but I think it's good for me.

Seriously, though, what kind of environmental interests do you mean?
    Mostly, I'm interested in 'Green Design' (for buildings, homes, etc). Not using products that are unhealthy and so forth.

I'm a little surprised an ISFJ would be caught dead without a really detailed long-range plan to work too hard at
    I'm surprised too. I've generally had one and I feel off-kilter without one! I think I have a very 'long-range' one, which is fairly general, but it's my 1-5 year that's not in place. I think part of it is that there has been a lot of changes in my situation - family dynamics, financial etc. Things change, stuff happens and I have to revise things. I also have this tendency (and it may not be ISFJish) to agree to things which once I actually do them, I end up disliking. So I find myself in situations which I feel I can't get out of.

What exactly does being an interior decorator and/or professional organizer entail? I've never even heard of the latter.
    As an Interior Decorator I make spaces functional and (hopefully) beautiful. In some cases I work with people to help them organize their spaces rather than changing aesthetics. A couple of clients with ADD wanted me to decorate, but first I had to set up storage, a filing system for their papers etc.

Be forewarned, however, that MBTI and this forum can involve a lot of complex, abstract ideas. That may be a nightmare for someone with inferior Ne, but I hope you can bear with us and offer your insights and questions
    Thanks! I've noticed that. Hopefully it won't be like my college philosophy class (total nightmare). LOL

Alicia