User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Hello.

Post Hello.

Ummm, hello. I don't post, but would like too, maybe. Well...maybe.

The complications are that you may have noticed that I have signed up a long time ago, and, in my opinion made some stupid posts...wait...they weren't really stupid exactly but rushed and uninformed without realizing it at the time, which I guess is what people consider stupid, hence the word of choice; so I guess it fits. But, nevermind.

So, here I am. Why am I here?

1. This is a social kind of forum where users discuss various topics relating to MBTI and make an attempt to socialize with like-minded people? Is this what I think I am desiring for?

2. Or is it more of an exchange of expressing one's desire to socialize? Theory number two.

3. Or do I want to reach out to a specific crowd that inhabits this site out of an interest in a specific psychological knowledge and theory tied in with a desire for a different way to express my consciousness?

4. Or is it that I am fascinated with people and desire to learn about them BECAUSE their consciousness is different from mine and I inhabit a world where I can be forever enthralled by the infinitely changing mystery of another person's consciousness?

Then I wonder about whether it is appropriate to first do a welcome, given that one option above might be what the majority of this place is up-holded by. And if I choose the wrong option, I will affect the place negatively and perform something I do not want to do and will have wasted my time and energy and others time and energy. But then again if I affect the place positively, it is no longer operating on its own, but is now operating slightly differently by being tied in with any influence I impose; and anything I learn will now have some influence of mine and will not be as interesting to me because I already am aware of my own consciousness. So I can decide to post and find out or not. But I'm posting, so either options then don't apply, so I come back to questioning my intentions again. And I fear that by posting I will be forced to create persona's as a means of interacting, where these persona's can be considered myself, and at the same time considered not myself (an act), which becomes a matter of myself making a conscious choice about which one is me. However, what if one is so aware of them self that everything in the realm of human interaction (which again is infinitely changing and mysterious because of this) feels like a huge act. Maybe Shakespeare is right in thinking

All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts,
    His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
    Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
    And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel
    And shining morning face, creeping like snail
    Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
    Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
    Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation
    Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
    In fair round belly with good capon lined,
    With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
    Full of wise saws and modern instances;
    And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
    Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,
    With spectacles on nose and pouch on side,
    His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
    For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,
    Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
    And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
    That ends this strange eventful history,
    Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
    Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.
    - Shakespeare - All the world's a stage

Thus, I should probably conclude by saying I am confused and I don't know what I'm doing here and I am unsure of what any expectations I have might be and I am completely uncertain if I care if I will be liked, etc.

So Hi...and oh, I do have one thing to say that contradicts everything I wrote above, if you think about it in a certain way (and no I won't tell you what I'm thinking, that will spoil the fun), "What goes around, comes around." So be nice

Did the previous paragraph just implement a persona?

Hmm, now I'm wondering if I should even post this as it is long and somewhat too sincere for my liking. But I must be quite curious of what will transpire from it because I don't seem to mind. And it's the stupid internet anyway, right? Meh.

Edit: I thought putting a picture would be...too implicating of a certain...description of my cognitive make-up...too focusing of a stereotype, but I think it is also interesting to see how it is perceived or how it might impact how my posts could be received. If this is all very creepy, let me know.

Instigator, First Class LovelyAngel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Welcome, Little_Sticks! Regardless of how your forum persona evolves (which I think is something that occurs in any social environment) I hope you take from here knowledge and insight, good memories, and a sense of delight. Things both good and bad happen in any congregation of people. So be it. Relax and enjoy your explorations here!
    "There is always something to do. There are hungry people to feed, naked people to clothe, sick people to comfort and make well. And while I don't expect you to save the world I do think it's not asking too much for you to love those with whom you sleep, share the happiness of those whom you call friend, engage those among you who are visionary and remove from your life those who offer you depression, despair and disrespect."
    -- Nikki Giovanni

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    And I fear that by posting I will be forced to create persona's as a means of interacting, where these persona's can be considered myself, and at the same time considered not myself (an act), which becomes a matter of myself making a conscious choice about which one is me.
    Exactly the same thing I thought about posting my intro.
    Welcome.
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyAngel View Post
    Welcome, Little_Sticks! Regardless of how your forum persona evolves (which I think is something that occurs in any social environment) I hope you take from here knowledge and insight, good memories, and a sense of delight. Things both good and bad happen in any congregation of people. So be it. Relax and enjoy your explorations here!
    Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    Exactly the same thing I thought about posting my intro.
    Welcome.
    Coolz. I'm going to go with a relaxed playful persona then and not be annoying at the same time (yes, I can make it possible :P).

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome, glad to meet you.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFP

Hope you enjoy it here.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Hi.

5. I've got nothing else to do and this seems like a good way to spend some leisure time stimulating my brain.

Could you be? (-> That's shakespeare too... ... Well, a revised version of his work...)
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Welcome to the forum!

It's a little creepy but what else would anyone expect from an INTP?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

It's a little creepy but what else would anyone expect from an INTP?
    Objection!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Phantonym

Well, hello there, Little_Sticks. Welcome to the forums. Don't worry, start posting, you'll get used to it. Have fun.