User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Checking in...

MBTI
    iNTp

Smile Checking in...

Hello everyone!

Found this place when searching for relationship advice regarding relations between INTP:s and ESFJ:s, as I am in such a relationship and try to learn more how to make the best of it.

I live in Sweden, with my ESFJ wife and our little son (2,5 years). The family also includes two cats and a dog.

I learned about MBTI in one of the leadership courses I took at work recently. According to the MBTI test I have a very clear N and T, a clear I and a moderate P
    At the moment I think this is interesting and want to learn more.

Welcome!

MBTI
    INTJ

Welcome.

I would be very interested in hearing about your experience with learning about MBTI on a leadership course. Who made up the audience, how was MBTI presented, how did people react, and how (if at all) are you implementing your new knowledge?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Hello!

(what type of dog?)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by niklin View Post
    Hello everyone!

Found this place when searching for relationship advice regarding relations between INTP:s and ESFJ:s, as I am in such a relationship and try to learn more how to make the best of it.

I live in Sweden, with my ESFJ wife and our little son (2,5 years). The family also includes two cats and a dog.

I learned about MBTI in one of the leadership courses I took at work recently. According to the MBTI test I have a very clear N and T, a clear I and a moderate P
    At the moment I think this is interesting and want to learn more.
    Hello, niklin. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

All I can say is that from our experience, opposite type relationships don't work well. But if you've made it work, then explain it to us. How do you put up with all the bombardment of your inferior? ESFJs can even be too much for me at times (although I can deal with them for the most part), and I'm an INFJ.

Do you feel like there's a lot of emotional pressure on you? Or do you generally feel understood?

Hi

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Hello.

Tell me, Niklin, can you make things explosively de-construct with your hands?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Hur star det till?

I'm new here too, and made my introductory post today. Coincidentally I'm originally from Sweden, but moved away as a child.

Nice to hear from a fellow Swede!

Alicia

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome!
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    iNTp

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Welcome.

I would be very interested in hearing about your experience with learning about MBTI on a leadership course. Who made up the audience, how was MBTI presented, how did people react, and how (if at all) are you implementing your new knowledge?
    Hi!

This was at a "leadership in a team environment" course that is a company internal Project management course. So it was more or less about 20 PM:s taking this course.
    The teacher was MBTI certified and there was of course other subjects dealt with, but the MBTI took up about 1,5 day, so it was about half the course in total.

The MBTI is recognized in Sweden and quite often included in different courses targeted for teambuilding and leadership purposes.
    I think most people was interested and found it could be useful in understanding teamdynamics and learning more about yourself.

Unfortunately we also know that this is rarely implemented and used in reality for the projects and teams, making it more a theoretical knowledge that there is no time for adopting in real life daily work with teams and projects...

But for selfawareness and insight to our own strenghts and weaknesses, I think most of us found it very useful.