User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: I'm here!

MBTI
    xNfj

Default I'm here!

I'm relatively new to the temperament-typing world, but I've recently gotten into Keirsey's work. My tests are across the board, the only consistent factor being my abstract thinking. Basically, what my friends and I have concluded is that I'm a reserved E, a very logic oriented F, and an unusually open minded J. I can be quite warm and nurturing, and I usually give people the benefit of the doubt. I'm a pragmatic Idealist and a personable Rational.

I tend to behave like the person I'm interacting with. "We're sooo much alike," is something I hear a lot, which often leaves me confused about myself, as if I have this transient personality type that won't stay consistent. This bothers me, and I'm not sure if it's an NF's desire for authenticity, or an NT's desire for a perfect system. And thus, I joined this Forum.

So. Hi! *waves wildly*

MBTI
    INTJ

Hello. Welcome! *waves wildly back* Hopefully this forum will help you gain some knowledge on your consistant traits. Best of luck!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Hello!

Your MBTI type is mysterious indeed.

If we were to talk about the Enneagram, though, I'd suggest you were a Two or a Nine, but that's a whole other can of worms.

Glad to have you here.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    xNfj

Thanks for the welcome! Hopefully I can figure me out, and personality theory in general a little better through these forums.

MBTI
    xNfj

I haven't checked out the Enneagram stuff yet, but it's next on my list!

MBTI
    isxp

Welcome!

I like your username!

It made me curious about the origin of the word so I looked up 'whatnot' in an online etymology dictionary.

Here's what was on there:
    whatnot
    1540, "anything," from what + not. As the name of a furniture item, first attested 1808, so named for the objects it is meant to hold.

After that, I was confused and had to backtrack to look up the definition on dictionary.com (I guess I never really knew exactly what whatnot meant )
    what·not [hwuht-not, hwot-, wuht-, wot-]
    –noun
    1. a stand with shelves for bric-a-brac, books, etc.
    2. something or anything of the same or similar kind: sheets, pillowcases, towels, napkins, and whatnot.

You probably already knew that, though.

MBTI
    xNfj

*grins* I did know that. I'm a word nerd, a technical writer by profession. I can wax philosophical about word origins for hours. *sighs happily* Or maybe I'm just a nerd in general. I get just excited about word entomology as I do about String Theory.

I thought whatnot fit as a user name, because of my inability to pick a specific type. I'm a little bit of everything, except S. I mean, I have a concrete side, sure. People are rarely 100% anything (I like to think of personality as a slider scale.) But, I rather prefer going all the way down the rabbit hole.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hey there whatnot! Welcome.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

greetings.

MBTI
    isxp

Quote Originally Posted by whatnot View Post
    *grins* I did know that. I'm a word nerd, a technical writer by profession. I can wax philosophical about word origins for hours. *sighs happily* Or maybe I'm just a nerd in general. I get just excited about word entomology as I do about String Theory.
    You are my hero! (Writing more than a paragraph = the closest thing to a phobia for me)

Quote Originally Posted by whatnot
    I thought whatnot fit as a user name, because of my inability to pick a specific type. I'm a little bit of everything, except S. I mean, I have a concrete side, sure. People are rarely 100% anything (I like to think of personality as a slider scale.) But, I rather prefer going all the way down the rabbit hole.
    I can relate to you wrote about being sort of borderline. When I first got here, I didn't even have one letter down. I still am around 50/50 with each trait, so I usually end up being like whoever I hang out with too... it's not even something I consciously decide on. Anyway, you'll surely get a better understanding of yourself here.