User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: I'm here!

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome and all that whatnot.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Welcome fellow N.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Hi! Great to have you here! That's an awesome experience you've had whatnot. I've also balanced with being a chameleon and my "true self", eventually finding how it works.

Hope you'll enjoy your stay in here

MBTI
    Infx

Sounds like we have a lot in common! I see the INFJ as an ideal person I identify most with, but when it comes to reality I can be very logical and detached, and sometimes feel limited by judgment and structure. I've also been noticing how much I can actually gain energy from those around me if they have it, and often wonder if deep down I'm an E who just shoved herself into I because of her upbringing.

I soak up my friends like a SPONGE. Mannerisms, catchphrases, you name it. I think that might have to do with an overactive introjection of INF empathy, though. ><

Anyway, glad to see you! I already got into the enymology thing in another thread, so.. suffice it to say I also enjoy it, and often make up my own. XD

String theory sounds familiar, but could you refresh my memory on what it involves?
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

what a great username!

hello!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatnot View Post
    I tend to behave like the person I'm interacting with. "We're sooo much alike," is something I hear a lot, which often leaves me confused about myself, as if I have this transient personality type that won't stay consistent.
    Sounds like typical ENTP behaviour to me... nothing to worry about. For you, anyway

Do you hear that from people who you don't actually think you are much alike?

Hi, by the way
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    xNfj

::grins:: So are you saying we're very alike too?

I have considered the possibility of being an ENTP. Sometimes I think I have an ENTP side and an INFJ side, and tend to fluctuate between those two, depending on the situation and who I'm with. *shrugs*

MBTI
    xNfj

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    I've also been noticing how much I can actually gain energy from those around me if they have it, and often wonder if deep down I'm an E who just shoved herself into I because of her upbringing.
    I've been recently talking to a friend of mine about adding a "social index" to the E/I stuff. I need people to keep me going, and always have more energy after hanging out with people. However, I'm pretty awesome at being awkward and shy when I'm nervous. I'm pretty sure I'm E, but with a low social index.

I soak up my friends like a SPONGE. Mannerisms, catchphrases, you name it. I think that might have to do with an overactive introjection of INF empathy, though.
    I'm extremely empathetic (Some friends I lived with used to call me Mother Confessor.), and tend to mirror body language. I'm thinking I'm almost 50/50 on F and T. I'll demonstration emotion openly most of the time, and have a pretty deep faith. But, I when I'm working with data or solving problems, the switch flips, and I become skeptical and slightly detached. I'm not as outwardly expressive as most of my typically NF friends, though.

String theory sounds familiar, but could you refresh my memory on what it involves?
    String theory is the theory that the basic building blocks (at the subatomic level) of matter are one-dimensional "strings". This has yet to be proven. I'm not a huge fan of string-theory, but find quantum physics (or any of the sciences, really) extremely enjoyable to discuss.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I just wanted to say I love your avatar.

MBTI
    xNfj

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I just wanted to say I love your avatar.
    Thanks! I love Katherine Hepburn. I'm not sure what type she would be, but I greatly admire her grace, wit, and great intelligence.