User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Greetings

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Greetings

Hello all,

So yet another INTJ joins the forum. Even though I probably won't be writing much, I thought I would make a proper introduction:

I know a few people here IRL: I am dating Vortex (I wonder if she really likes me or it is just her Fe thing that tricks me ), Economica is my sister (yes, I have pictures, and no, you are not getting your hands on them (unless mucho money is involved , of course)) and Blackwater is a close friend.

Even though I am primarily here to try to follow the activities of my sister in particular (did she really write 1000 posts?), discussions related to scientific evidence for the MBTI assumptions would certainly attract my attention.

I have nowhere near as much knowledge about MBTI as my friends, but I can clearly see how the four dimensions describe our personalities very well and how many mechanisms in social interaction can be understood efficiently using the typology.

Even though I am a believer, the fact that some people are not easily classified, even by close friends with great MBTI knowledge, somewhat troubles me... I'll probably post something about this issue at some point.

Anyway, it seems like you have a nice place going here, (and wauv, you really do have a lot of smilies ), I am glad to join you.

BR

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Hello, nails.
    I also have my doubts with the MBTI from time to time, even though I'm quite the aficionado. I know that in reality, the test would be more accurate if it was always described in terms of the full percentages, and taken several different times with the scores averaged out.
    The problem is, I don't think it would have caught-on nearly as much if that were the case.

Still, I find that most people that switch types only switch on one consistent letter. Very rarely are there those who switch on two, and I've never seen three. So it just means someone is moderate concerning their switching functions.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Hello all,

So yet another INTJ joins the forum. Even though I probably won't be writing much, I thought I would make a proper introduction:

I know a few people here IRL: I am dating Vortex (I wonder if she really likes me or it is just her Fe thing that tricks me ), Economica is my sister (yes, I have pictures, and no, you are not getting your hands on them (unless mucho money is involved , of course)) and Blackwater is a close friend.

Even though I am primarily here to try to follow the activities of my sister in particular (did she really write 1000 posts?), discussions related to scientific evidence for the MBTI assumptions would certainly attract my attention.

I have nowhere near as much knowledge about MBTI as my friends, but I can clearly see how the four dimensions describe our personalities very well and how many mechanisms in social interaction can be understood efficiently using the typology.

Even though I am a believer, the fact that some people are not easily classified, even by close friends with great MBTI knowledge, somewhat troubles me... I'll probably post something about this issue at some point.

Anyway, it seems like you have a nice place going here, (and wauv, you really do have a lot of smilies ), I am glad to join you.

BR
    Charmed.

Enjoy the ambiance.

MBTI
    INFP

Wow! You do know a lot of people here! I cannot get my family and friends to really take to this place, even though I refer them to MBTIc all the time. Enjoy!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hello all,

BR
    Hello, Nails. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

You're similar to Economica (certain similarities in posting style). You sure you're not just her alter-ego?

Anyway, there are a few traits not measured by the MBTI. I use other systems such as the Enneagram to try and supplement MBTI for a clearer picture.

MBTI
    INTJ

Welcome. I like your avatar.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

Welcome!

Economica is my sister (yes, I have pictures, and no, you are not getting your hands on them (unless mucho money is involved , of course)) and Blackwater is a close friend.
    When I saw "Northern Europe" as your location, my first instinct was to ask if you were somehow associated with Economica.

Thanks again for the photos, it was money well spent!

Yes, someone needs to keep a closer eye on her.

I am interested in the same scientific evidence, although I rarely have time to go looking for it.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Greetings.

I'm new here too, but it has been good so far. I trust all INTJs to give as good as they get, so let's all roll with it.

eh.. for emoticons, check out posts written by ENFPs, I adore them.

Hello all,

BR
    Isn't Vortex an ENFP? If that is the case, then despite being quite good and adept at it, she wouldn't use her Fe nearly as much as Ne or Fi. Fe is her 6th function, or "critic function."

Also, by the way, precisely where in Northern Europe do you live? All of you (including Economica and Vortex) have "Northern Europe" written down. Is this some carefully synchronized conspiracy to drive me one step closer to insanity by making me wonder where in Northern Europe you live? Just out of mere curiosity. The UK? Ireland? Any of the Scandinavian countries? Elsewhere?
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INTJ

Hello brother. I'm pleased to see you've decided to start posting...

did she really write 1000 posts?
    ... because there is no stopping!

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    You're similar to Economica (certain similarities in posting style). You sure you're not just her alter-ego?
    The other way around would be closer to the truth. This is the influence who deserves most credit (or blame, depending on your point of view ) for what I am like. Please, everyone, take your best shots at my dependence on him; I am curious to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Thanks again for the photos, it was money well spent!

I actually have in mind putting together a Ni-Te-Fi-Se picture series (I only have Fi and Se so far - read into that what you will ) to share via email with selected posters only. Let the game of earning my trust begin!

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Also, by the way, precisely where in Northern Europe do you live?
    In a country small enough for me to be the only 25-year-old MBTI-obsessed econ grad student. I'll be happy to PM you the location if you promise not to publicize it, deal?