User Tag List

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Arrow and the good times keep rolling...

I've done this three times before and I still suck at it, so I'm going to try the so-called best policy. After a long stressful summer my mom fell ill, yet again and I fell into a long depression, yet again. As I would rather not go through anxiety attacks due to the stress of my situation I buried my self in the emotionally numbing drug called apathy. It didn't work, at least not as well as it would when I was younger.
    While doing basically nothing at home following a comedy of events that I will not go into here, I stumbled across the MBTI took the test came out INFP, then ENFJ, then INTP, thought the test was mess, still do. But enjoyed reading the profiles and the functions. I'm going to skip over the part where I registered at INTPc.
    Later when Moms got out of the hospital, I was still depressed and had the 'I don't feel like doing anything' attitude that comes with depression. After an anxiety attack which may or may not have been witnessed by a class of, eh, rough estimate, 37 kids, during the part where you finally relax and all of the pain has lifted and your trying to reorient yourself, I had my epiphany, or course this happens in the nurses office of my school and the most absent minded old woman has just called my sick mother to pick me up because I'm not feeling to well, but hey the silver lining, I know who I am till something in the future proves me wrong, and I get to go home. The Comedy of Life.

MBTI
    OMNi

Ah, sorry to hear all that.

Life just sucks some times. I find that you just gotta choose to be happy and the universe will follow.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    I've done this three times before and I still suck at it, so I'm going to try the so-called best policy. After a long stressful summer my mom fell ill, yet again and I fell into a long depression, yet again. As I would rather not go through anxiety attacks due to the stress of my situation I buried my self in the emotionally numbing drug called apathy. It didn't work, at least not as well as it would when I was younger.
    While doing basically nothing at home following a comedy of events that I will not go into here, I stumbled across the MBTI took the test came out INFP, then ENFJ, then INTP, thought the test was mess, still do. But enjoyed reading the profiles and the functions. I'm going to skip over the part where I registered at INTPc.
    Later when Moms got out of the hospital, I was still depressed and had the 'I don't feel like doing anything' attitude that comes with depression. After an anxiety attack which may or may not have been witnessed by a class of, eh, rough estimate, 37 kids, during the part where you finally relax and all of the pain has lifted and your trying to reorient yourself, I had my epiphany, or course this happens in the nurses office of my school and the most absent minded old woman has just called my sick mother to pick me up because I'm not feeling to well, but hey the silver lining, I know who I am till something in the future proves me wrong, and I get to go home. The Comedy of Life.
    Hello, Silently Honest. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology. In your case, we may try to provide counseling.

Apathy isn't a good response to stress. It just avoids it temporarily... and intensifies it. Like pushing a swing (or some weighted object on a string) away from you, and then having it come back at you with a force equal to that with which you pushed it away.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Apathy isn't a good response to stress. It just avoids it temporarily... and intensifies it. Like pushing a swing (or some weighted object on a string) away from you, and then having it come back at you with a force equal to that with which you pushed it away.
    That is a perfect way to explain apathy, athenian... *thumbs up*

Welcome Silently Honest... I hope you learn something about yourself through all of us. Hang in there...
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Thank you all.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome.

Don't know what to say other than that. I hope things turn around for you.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi there Silently Honest! Welcome, I hope things will look up soon. It WILL get better.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Glad to have you here.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

don't worry, you'll fit in here fine. many of us have issues that we all talk through to certain degrees. Welcome to the nuthouse
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Welcome, Silently Honest. I'm glad to have you here.

"Often, the greatest growth takes place under the hardest of circumstances. Look deeply to learn the lessons of the coldest, most painful times, for within them lies your greatest potential for transformation."
    There are two types of people in this world, sheep and sharks. Be a shark. Sharks are winners and they don't look back 'cause they don't have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Headstrong: You're learning the ways of...me!
    INTP Friend: Yay!
    INTP Friend: Wait....NOOOOO

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it.
    -George Bernard Shaw

Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
    -Plato