Thread: Hi :)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Default Hi :)

I've found this forums while looking around for informations about the MBTI and was quite surprised that there are so many people around here talking about this topic

Mainly I am here because I want to do some research on my own type. I am not yet sure about what type I am, but I will write more about it in the "What's my type?"-forum later. So I hoped that maybe some people can help me find my type. But I can imagine me being here for longer, as the topic looks very interesting to me and I would like to follow some discussions about it.

My english skills are not really perfect, but I will give my best and I hope I can articulate well enough so that everyone will understand me.

The tests I made so far type me as INFP, but I am not completely sure about it yet, since I am not sure I really answer all questions neutrally. What is 100% safe is that I am an "I" - I am a very shy person, however when it comes to writing (i.e. in boards like here ), I can come out of myself easier.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Welcome, Eckhart.

I could and think you'll be understood fine.

Shyness, isn't what introversion is...

I know I'm 100% introverted, and I'm not at all shy, in real life.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Well, that's one reason too why I am here, because I am not really sure about the definitions of the terms, what do you really understand under a "T" and so on

I am very calm, need my own space, have big trouble going on to other persons (taking first step), in conversations I am taking a more passive role, I am very reserved to people that I am not very close too, however, with people that I am more close to I am a bit more conversational, though still then I have big problems to express my inner feels. At the moment I am quite isolated after I left school and started studying a few months ago, having lost touch to most school mates (and that left I have only a bit contact, I wish it was more), not having found new friends so far at university - I am not really happy with it.

Phantonym

Hello, Eckhart! Welcome to the forums.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Eckhart!
    Love is the point.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome, glad to have you with us.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Hello, and welcome, Eckhart.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    I am very calm, need my own space, have big trouble going on to other persons (taking first step), in conversations I am taking a more passive role, I am very reserved to people that I am not very close too, however, with people that I am more close to I am a bit more conversational, though still then I have big problems to express my inner feels. At the moment I am quite isolated after I left school and started studying a few months ago, having lost touch to most school mates (and that left I have only a bit contact, I wish it was more), not having found new friends so far at university - I am not really happy with it.
    You seem to be a feeler of some sort, most likely an Fi (introverted feelings) judging by what you have said.

As for introvert versus extrovert (I vs. E), you sound like you are an introvert. Do you gain energy from associating with people? Or do you gain energy from time spent alone?

After associating with other people for a period of time, do you feel fatigued or drained? Do you need to recharge?

Or do you feel like after spending time alone you need some people time to gain energy? Do you ever feel like you'll go crazy after spending a few hours alone?

Remember, both introverts and extroverts need friends. No one wants to be lonely. In addition, both types can have social struggles (such as shyness).

Extroversion, in a nutshell, is where you gain energy from your environment. You associate with the world of people, things, and images.

Introversion, in a nutshell, is where you gain energy from yourself, from your core. In order to interact with the outside world, you take energy from your core and direct it outward.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Well, I had now already a rather big discussion about my type in another thread in "What's my type?" where we came to conclusion of INFP. I found very early that I am Introverted, actually it seems to me as the clearest thing.

I think I feel rather fatigued after being with people. When there is family guests around for longer time, I will need to draw back myself after some time. I also rarely liked to do things directly after school time with other mates, prefering to rest some time at home before.

On the other hand I was happy sometimes when I was invited to a party, but that is maybe just to not be lonely at all. On parties I like it more when people pay attention to me, I feel not well when I am alone at a party.

Though I can recall moments where I feeled energized when having spent some time with people. Again, I don't know whether this is my nature or just being normal even for introverted personalities.

I can also remember that I was less shy when I was a child and was opener for new relationships. Ironically today I talked with my mother about phone when someone called us. She said I should not take up the phone because it is for my father, I said "You know I never take up the phone anyway" and she said "Yes, I forgot that. As a little child I had to hide the phone from you.".

Oh well, now you make me even unsure about such things. Maybe I am just a totally screwed up Extroverted, funny thought actually

Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Well, I had now already a rather big discussion about my type in another thread in "What's my type?" where we came to conclusion of INFP. I found very early that I am Introverted, actually it seems to me as the clearest thing.
    Whoops, didn't know that. All the better then, haha.

I think I feel rather fatigued after being with people. When there is family guests around for longer time, I will need to draw back myself after some time. I also rarely liked to do things directly after school time with other mates, prefering to rest some time at home before.
    Introvert trait.

On the other hand I was happy sometimes when I was invited to a party, but that is maybe just to not be lonely at all. On parties I like it more when people pay attention to me, I feel not well when I am alone at a party.
    I've gone to my fair share of parties. Some I enjoy, some I don't enjoy.

The ones I did enjoy were the ones with a big stoner circle and plenty of weed, so I could get high, relax, and commune with my close friends. (I'm not a fan of alcohol.)

I think that the biggest E in the world would not feel well if they were alone. After all, who likes to be the black sheep watching everybody talk and laugh?

Though I can recall moments where I feeled energized when having spent some time with people. Again, I don't know whether this is my nature or just being normal even for introverted personalities.
    Time spent around some people can energize me, as well. They have to be a certain type, though. At the end of the day, though, solitude is a treasure to me. I need to reflect on the day's events, what people said, what people did.

I can also remember that I was less shy when I was a child and was opener for new relationships. Ironically today I talked with my mother about phone when someone called us. She said I should not take up the phone because it is for my father, I said "You know I never take up the phone anyway" and she said "Yes, I forgot that. As a little child I had to hide the phone from you.".
    This could go either way. Phones are fun for some kids. It's a mystery for them to talk to someone through a weird box.

Oh well, now you make me even unsure about such things. Maybe I am just a totally screwed up Extroverted, funny thought actually
    Well, maybe you are, but probably not. My aim wasn't to confuse you, I just thought you hadn't figured things out yet.

Hope you enjoy this site and have a good stay.

Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Cool

Hello Hello Eckhart!

I am sure that after a while with the influence of Typology Central and its wonderful inhabitants that you will soon work out what your personality is, Though its important to realise that no ones personality is set in stone, They are fluid, and changing, Though some are less changing than others.

MBTI does not seek to explain you as a person, but more to demonstrate your Preferences. How you would choose to act in a majority of cases, but you are more than capable of having times and experiences where you feel much more like another type. Obviously if you constantly did MBTI Testing all the time, your preferences will change, though probably not to a large degree.

Anyway, enjoy your stay, and I hope you find many friends and a good source of information, as well as a great place to get things off your chest, that you probably couldn't anyway, there is always someone willing to listen at TC
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1