User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ

Default (I don't belong here)

I have new-thread anxiety and, to an extent, new-post anxiety, so here this is.
    As for the title, I put that because I simply liked it. It has nothing to with anything except a song. (Creep by Radiohead, if you were wondering or didn't know.)
    I'm here from another forum (The Daemon Forum). If you know anything about daemonology, feel free to discuss it with me. If you don't know anything about daemons, feel free to ask or something. But you might think I'm crazy.

My name's Emma, and I am 16. Maybe that is young to be here, but I often think my mind far outstrips my body in many ways. I know I'm immature and juvenile, though. I don't try to sound formal, but it just happens when I write. In real life, I'm like.... ghetto. I don't have a mic, so you won't get to hear me in Vent. (Ventrilo Harassment, anyone? <3)

I like the arts, music, literature, color, sound, thought, and feeling. Basically, almost everything I can't touch. I have no idea why this is. I like touching, too. ;( My friends get pissed at me for "groping" them, but I swear, it's an accident. Even when it really is.

I'm an idksexual. Because I have no idea. I'm definitely not straight. I don't even know why I feel the need to broadcast this on the internet to people that don't know me. I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW. But I really don't know how to define that... I don't think it is something I can fence in with words just yet.

I'm an INFJ. I've perused the "You know you're x when...." thread for it and a lot of the time I've felt as if everything was getting pulled out of my brain unwillingly and placed on the internet. x( V. odd feeling.

<-- Gerard over there (he may or may not be Gerard at this time, as he is wont to change to other, related persons) owns my heart. He ripped it out, wrote his name on it, and said, "I own that." True story. I hardly know the man on a friendly level but I feel like I know him on an emotional & internal level (I think he's an INFP...), and perhaps I know him better than I do my own friends. That might be a sad prospect. In some way or another, as my friends are well aware, I make the conversation veer in some way or another to him (and related persons). :9 Everything = him & them. Chair = Gerard sitting in a chair. Pink (red, or whatever) = Gerard had pink hair. It was mistaken for firetruck red but he insisted it was pink. Presumably, he didn't want to be called a faggot for having a noticeably pink hair color. :c Sad. See, I have made a large chunk of my intro post about people that AREN'T ME. x_x I even dream as a different person 75-85% of the time. o_o

But, uh. I like to talk. About everything (cough) and anything I feel passionately about. I can talk for literally hours, but I just wish people would enjoy listening as much I as I enjoy telling them.
    Here are some things I wish:
    1. That the mind was not so limited as for one individual to know. The idea that you can never understand another individual fully frustrates me to no end. This way I would not be alone in thinking, in feeling, and in understanding. This also brings up:
    2. The idea that we all undeniably and insufferably die alone. We are bound by our very existence, our minds. I refuse to accept this, and consequently, #1, as truths, and so I strive to know others and share as much as I can of myself, though my efforts, I know, are fruitless.
    3. That I did not fall in love with fairy tales. I literally fall in love with so many things in such a short amount of time, even daily. But I hate falling in love with impossibilities. It drives me crazy. The fact that this does not exist makes me want to yell "WHY NOT??!!" (kinda like that lady from Not Always Right that wanted the moving company to change the weather).

And if I don't stop myself now, this will never end. Instead, it will continue in other posts. c: So, uh, hey.

INFJ, so/sx

"There is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen." - Sean O'Faolain

Phantonym

Hello, Emma. Welcome to the forums. Daemonology sounds interesting. I'm not familiar with it in depth, so I think I'll check it out a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
    Here are some things I wish:
    1. That the mind was not so limited as for one individual to know. The idea that you can never understand another individual fully frustrates me to no end. This way I would not be alone in thinking, in feeling, and in understanding.
    Join the club! Utterly frustrating, indeed.

Enjoy your stay here!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Welcome, Glassjaw!

I really enjoyed reading your introduction. It made me feel even better. I love long introductions.

I don't refuse to accept that we die alone, I accept everything. But I agree that, the best way to die is at the hands of another man.

If anyone tried to get their hands on my thoughts and feelings, I'd fight them off and tell them to "fuck off". I never want to feel fully understood.

I've never felt comfortable with anyone touching me. When I get touched by another person I feel paralyzed until I realize what they're doing.

Maybe reading threads here might make you a little bit less confused.

So even that we're not really alike Glassjaw, I welcome you .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Hey there.

My Chem is my favorite.

You seem very cool. I hope you end up posting a lot.

Geez, what's up with me and all these smilies?

Default Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Hello, Emma. Welcome to the forums. Daemonology sounds interesting. I'm not familiar with it in depth, so I think I'll check it out a bit more.

Join the club! Utterly frustrating, indeed.

Enjoy your stay here!
    I completely second everything Sky said. Especially the part about one mind . . . wouldn't a Vulcan Mind Meld solve a lot of problems? The problem with existence is that it's too self-oriented (since the majority of our perception of our existence happens in our own heads!) Instantaneous and complete communication would save a lot of time too.

Welcome and I look forward to reading (listening) to your thoughts on the forum. You do sound older than 16.

Yes, this forum has a strange genius. It is not found in its murky origins. Nor is it found in individual posters. So I don't know why it works but it does.

It may be because of the generosity and care taken by the moderators. But I suspect it is an emergent quality. A quality that arises from the multiple interactions across the world.

So the genius of this site is something to conjure with.

You yourself will contribute to the genius of the forum, almost certainly without knowing how you do so.

In fact not knowing seems almost to be precondition to contributing.

I don't know and perhaps you don't know but we reach out to one another to answer the question.

How nice to see you here.