User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: eee n tee pee!

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default eee n tee pee!

Hey. =)

Came across this board via a "Rant on ENTPs" thread (by the way, I thought that was an utterly impossible-to-pass-up title screaming for ENTPs to "click me").. and promptly spent an entire afternoon gleefully sending bits of it to my INTP sister.... The exchanges between the INTPs and ENTPs are just so typical of what we both sling at each other every day.

e.g. watching a sword fighting drama during dinner this week, the following conversation ensued:

Me: "why do birds insist on hopping across roads vs flying, especially when cars are on-coming?"

Dad: *raises eyebrow*

Sis: "It is because they cannot take flight straight away. Birds need a running start to fly."

Me: "But you don't see a bird take a run off a tree branch, then fly, right."

Sis: "But they drop down first, before they fly, to catch the draft. That makes up for the running start. If the tree is not tall enough, the bird will knock its head and die."

Me: "But in nature documentaries, when a shot is fired at a tree full of birds, you don't see the black swarm dropping down in unison, then going up?"

Dad: -_-;

Sis: "Adrenalin. It is like, when someone hides in a corner and boos at you, you don't walk, you run."

Dad: ... "Can't we just watch the show?"

-----------
    Annyway.. I digress.

But the ring of truth was there, and that thread helped me understand how some of my randomness is hard for many to stomach (though I really don't mean to be difficult!).

So... anyway. Here I am. An ENTP, wanting to learn more about myself, and others, perhaps try figure out why I'm so hard to love??

Hopefully, this will be the start of something wonderful.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'd just thought that birds were suicidal!

hello!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

hello, whatever.

I just re-read my first post and umm. I sound like a ditz.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    I just re-read my first post and umm. I sound like a ditz.
    Not at all, you just posted your introduction thread at the time of day when the forum is slowest. Welcome!

Why do you say that you're hard to love? Judging from your posts so far I don't see why you should feel that way. Unless of course your sister is the only person who gets you? In that case you probably just need to meet more people. Non-abrasive ENTPs are usually very popular.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome to MBTI.

watching a sword fighting drama during dinner this week, the following conversation ensued:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Why do you say that you're hard to love? Judging from your posts so far I don't see why you should feel that way. Unless of course your sister is the only person who gets you? In that case you probably just need to meet more people. Non-abrasive ENTPs are usually very popular.
    hugs! haha. thanks. I'm non-abrasive (I think), have learnt to tone down the *umm* random comments a great deal, so I think I'm more digestible now. Only let the full ENTP fly when I'm with good friends. Or on webforums like these.

I think I get along with most people well, but it is more like, the impression I (apparently) give is one of shallow frivolity first, then surprising insights... which kind of makes people like you, but don't really trust you - and if trust is a precondition for love, well then... - I think they just find it hard to get someone like that. Throw in the NTP randomness, and it is a recipe for disaster... I've realised xSTJs are bad for me / me for them in general, for e.g. And it takes a great deal of patience and communication to make those friendships work (relationships.. forget it).

Curious... what's the percentage of each type in each population?.. I find it hard to find other xNTPs where I am.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think I'm more digestible now.
    That reminds me, you might enjoy reading up on the posts of another female ENTP here who calls herself digesthisickness. And that reminds me, a celebrity female ENTP is Rose McGowan. (The link is to a thread here discussing her type.)

I think I get along with most people well, but it is more like, the impression I (apparently) give is one of shallow frivolity first, then surprising insights... which kind of makes people like you, but don't really trust you - and if trust is a precondition for love, well then... - I think they just find it hard to get someone like that. Throw in the NTP randomness, and it is a recipe for disaster... I've realised xSTJs are bad for me / me for them in general, for e.g. And it takes a great deal of patience and communication to make those friendships work (relationships.. forget it).
    That makes sense. My two cents would be to look for some INXJs, actually, rather than other NTPs. (Between you and your sister, I think it's a safe bet that you've already got enough Ne and Ti to go around. ) ENTPs generally have an excellent dynamic with INXJs (Ne-Ni feedback loop).

Here's a thread on the distribution data out there.

MBTI
    INTJ

Welcome. Your randomness is amusing.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    Welcome. Your randomness is amusing.
    you'd be an INTP, right. You react to me exactly as my twinnie does.

She lets me drift on and on into green mice and pink cheese, before she'll calmly stab at said cheese and tell me I'm a Bee Aye Em Bee Oh. Just to see me blink to figure out. Oh! Bimbo! No I'm not! I'm actually not stupid... I just find life easier the lower I keep everyone's expectations

Sigh. and INTPs, think you're the only ones misunderstood.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    distribution data out there.
    ENTPs are rare enough... and those I'm supposedly most compatible with, INFJs, are 1% of a population??!

So in theory, I'd have to in effect kiss a hundred toadies before I meet a prince?

I'm going to be extinct.

Coda: another bit of randomness brought to you by your newest ENTP.