User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: eee n tee pee!

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Perhaps I'd say, since young, I've had this ability to get along with almost everyone I want to get along with, and get people to go along on various ideas, serious or weird. Somehow, you are able to read what the others want/need, and you decide if you want to be that or not, and you are that. But then, the first set of people see you behave differently with another set (whom they may not get along with), and, they basically start wondering, ok, I don't really know this person then, while I like them, I cannot trust them (those with a sense of humour) / she's just two-faced, don't know her agenda (those without a sense of humour).
    I find that it's best to not mix groups of friends. I can have several different groups of friends, but when I mix them they tend not to get along. I have a desire to be around all types of people, but most other people are much more clique-ish. Also when I mix people from different social settings I find that I am not sure how to act. I naturally mirror the people I'm with without realizing it. (Or I used to do it a lot, but I don't do it as much any more.)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

ahhh... Another ENTP.

Socially, I keep groups of friends separate too (It's great to know I'm not the only one who does this separate worlds thing btw).

The thing is, if they're all at the work place, I cannot really keep the fact I can/do interact with most people well hidden, and in a fixed place like that, they all do meet each other/see me interacting with different sets whom they may not get along with, and somehow get suspicious. Workplace politics and all. So some really do misconstrue me as having hidden agendas if for e.g. I get along well with their bosses and others deemed "difficult" but senior. They just think you must have an agenda to be getting along well with someone they do not, then they start passing snide remarks/cut you out from things, when all along, you never wanted their places/meant to be a threat. But trying to explain that doesn't work. *sad*

I'm learning perhaps to be more still and observant, and to shut up and ... erm. be more digestible, basically. 'Tis why places like these forums are a welcome respite from having to constantly watch myself. So hehe. I get more random here actually.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Most people can't grasp that you are not as judgemental as they are. So you can get along perfectly well with people that they consider jerks.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Also that N's would love the sea in theory and poetry, but I doubt they'd be out in the burning sun on a rocky boat?
    My self, my father, and I'd suspect my great uncle as well are all intuitives (INFP, INFP, ENTJ); fishing is a big thing for us and my uncle specifically will organize mass fishing trips with his buddies to hit the honey holes.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    My self, my father, and I'd suspect my great uncle as well are all intuitives (INFP, INFP, ENTJ); fishing is a big thing for us and my uncle specifically will organize mass fishing trips with his buddies to hit the honey holes.
    Hi runvardh. hell the fastest way would be to make him do the test, but we're both xNTPs so perhaps the debate is more intriguing to us than the answers.

I love the sea too. Grew up by it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Hi runvardh. hell the fastest way would be to make him do the test, but we're both xNTPs so perhaps the debate is more intriguing to us than the answers.

I love the sea too. Grew up by it.
    I spent half my life in or on the water while growing up; it was a lake though, or several lakes and river systems.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome dude (belatedly), glad to have more batters on our team

Actually, I think you'll find (depending how old you are) that ENTJ's like us (if you make yourself and your insights useful), and so do INTJ's (eventually, if you wear them down... heh), and so do INFP's (if you're gentle).

Basically getting on well with anyone entails adapting and adjusting to their personalities as much as them doing so for us. Don't let people fool you into thinking you're the only one that has to do all the adapting while they just sit there holding up score cards. I've a policy of making people meet me half way wherever possible, and I think it works.

Consider the cat...

Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Welcome dude (belatedly), glad to have more batters on our team

Actually, I think you'll find (depending how old you are) that ENTJ's like us (if you make yourself and your insights useful), and so do INTJ's (eventually, if you wear them down... heh), and so do INFP's (if you're gentle).

Basically getting on well with anyone entails adapting and adjusting to their personalities as much as them doing so for us. Don't let people fool you into thinking you're the only one that has to do all the adapting while they just sit there holding up score cards. I've a policy of making people meet me half way wherever possible, and I think it works.

Consider the cat...

thanks substitute - yes, perhaps that is something I find hard to deal with: doing that constant adaptation (even toning down is an adaptation, no), which you end up feeling is taken for granted sometimes, as it does take energy to be adaptable, whether or not we make it look easy, then you realise that you walked more than the other person, and mayhaps sometimes, for the other, lightly won is lightly prized. So you're right that I am learning to be more circumspect.. to in a way, be still and hold still more first, and let others walk halfway first, before reacting. You know how much patience it takes to be bubbling up inside but to be still outside??!

the cat is sleeping on the hood of a warm car. Walked past it this morning.

Coda: and I'm not a dude!!!!

MBTI
    ENTP

meh, I call everyone 'dude', of any gender, like a hippie saying 'maaan'

I do that too, heheh.

I'm sure you can figure out what I meant by considering the cat. Think about the way they manage relationships with humans, the sorta give and take thing, y'know they'll humour us and let us pet them and get our enjoyment out of them, but they expect compensation (food!) and they have their boundaries, and we're in no doubt about what we'll get for crossing them. And yet, if we get scratched, we always know it's our own fault for pushing too far and don't hold it against the cat - we'll still feed him again the next day, and pet him again later, if he wants to let us. You have to respect cats, you can't treat them like slaves like you can with dogs, who will keep coming back for more no matter what. Cats don't need us, but they can like us and appreciate us all the same - if they come, it's because they want to, not because they have to, and somehow we respect and appreciate that even more.

I have a cat and I find it inspiring sometimes to think on him. Cats are cool
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I do that too, heheh.

I'm sure you can figure out what I meant by considering the cat. ...I have a cat and I find it inspiring sometimes to think on him. Cats are cool
    yes, I did get it earlier (I love analogies too!); 'tis why the thing about being still and holding still.. and learning to let things come to me vs pouncing on them and wondering why they run away I could do with more emotional guard up, in that sense. Still learning...

Was just throwing in the tangent for fun.