User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: eee n tee pee!

  1. #11
    Wait, what? Varelse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Disorganized and spontaneous would be the terms I'd apply to you, not stupid. (Well, except for occasional poking just to analyze your reaction).

    Misunderstood? Meh, just disliked. I'm much too willing to analyze everything...including the well-love beliefs of certain ISxJs that I know, who do understand how I could question such obvious truths.

    Which then makes me want this shirt. Or else to just comment such people out.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

  2. #12
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    ENTPs are rare enough... and those I'm supposedly most compatible with, INFJs, are 1% of a population??!

    So in theory, I'd have to in effect kiss a hundred toadies before I meet a prince?
    I would seriously contemplate systematically hooking up with them online.

  3. #13
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    Disorganized and spontaneous would be the terms I'd apply to you, not stupid. (Well, except for occasional poking just to analyze your reaction)
    Yah! You do that poking thing just to see how I'd jump too! Ok, I'll jump: :steam: In truth, I've learnt to be more organised in real life. Just online now I'm letting loose without editing. It is a tremendous relief not to have to self-censor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    certain ISxJs that I know.
    urks. Dated I think an STJ before. Or perhaps an NTJ. Felt like I was being evaluated on a checklist on whether or not I was "up to the mark" - during the dates and all, things were perfect, apart from him asking if I wanted kids, was I looking for marriage etc... BUT after 3 dates, I was dropped without a word - no calls/emails/smses. So... maybe it is just him... but it kinda stinks still - like being judged and found wanting, but I'd have thought it'd have been only polite to let someone down in person vs disappear completely and go incommunicado.

    Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    just disliked
    That's one way of looking at it... but I'd not say disliked. To dislike something, you have to first get it enough to dislike it? I think usually most people are just wary of an INTP vs dislike them, or cannot figure out their thinking, and the emotional intensity is hard to deal with, simply. Then the INTP gets more wrought up trying to explain why they're thinking that way, before finally retreating inside and clawing themselves instead. 'Tis why I said misunderstood.

    Economica, no worries. Was just a theory. I'm not keen to go about lunging and kissing random guys "oh wait, you're not an INFJ? Nextt.... "*lunges*

  4. #14
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Economica, no worries. Was just a theory. I'm not keen to go about lunging and kissing random guys "oh wait, you're not an INFJ? Nextt.... "*lunges*
    I know you were joking, which is why I stressed that my suggestion was serious. I'm a big believer in optimal matches.

  5. #15
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Pleased to meet you!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  6. #16
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Hey freak, you'll fit in just fine here. Welcome to the nuthouse

    PS: we're all freaks too, so it's ok
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #17
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Hey. =)

    Came across this board via a "Rant on ENTPs" thread (by the way, I thought that was an utterly impossible-to-pass-up title screaming for ENTPs to "click me").. and promptly spent an entire afternoon gleefully sending bits of it to my INTP sister.... The exchanges between the INTPs and ENTPs are just so typical of what we both sling at each other every day.

    e.g. watching a sword fighting drama during dinner this week, the following conversation ensued:

    Me: "why do birds insist on hopping across roads vs flying, especially when cars are on-coming?"

    Dad: *raises eyebrow*

    Sis: "It is because they cannot take flight straight away. Birds need a running start to fly."

    Me: "But you don't see a bird take a run off a tree branch, then fly, right."

    Sis: "But they drop down first, before they fly, to catch the draft. That makes up for the running start. If the tree is not tall enough, the bird will knock its head and die."

    Me: "But in nature documentaries, when a shot is fired at a tree full of birds, you don't see the black swarm dropping down in unison, then going up?"

    Dad: -_-;

    Sis: "Adrenalin. It is like, when someone hides in a corner and boos at you, you don't walk, you run."

    Dad: ... "Can't we just watch the show?"

    -----------
    Annyway.. I digress.

    But the ring of truth was there, and that thread helped me understand how some of my randomness is hard for many to stomach (though I really don't mean to be difficult!).

    So... anyway. Here I am. An ENTP, wanting to learn more about myself, and others, perhaps try figure out why I'm so hard to love??

    Hopefully, this will be the start of something wonderful.
    Hello, aelan. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

    Anyway... my guess is that they simply don't realize that the car is a threat immediately, because it isn't similar to the kind of threats they've adapted to face.

    Is the dad in that case a Sensing type, by any chance?

    What do people generally complain about in regards to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    Which then makes me want this shirt. Or else to just comment such people out.
    Are you a programmer? How many languages do you know? "Commenting them out" sounds like C or C++, but then I don't know many programming languages. Also, do you use Linux or another Unix variant, or do you just use a Bourne-compatible shell for programming/scripting purposes?

  8. #18
    Senior Member Sandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    552

    Default Personally, I don't think I know any ENTPs...

    I sure enjoyed your introduction, aelan! My youngest son and my boyfriend are INTP, and they are BOTH a hoot! My boyfriend calls himself INa-Tee-Pee! He cracks me up! Enjoy!
    Last edited by Sandy; 11-17-2007 at 02:50 AM. Reason: I really need to check my grammar... D'oh!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

    There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

  9. #19
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Be careful with those population statistics.
    You can never really tell which one is right and which one is wrong, I'm afraid.

    Oh.. and hi!
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  10. #20
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcomes.

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Is the dad in that case a Sensing type, by any chance?
    Twinnie and I have a running debate typing our parents (short of forcing them to do the test, it'd be a little difficult). Dad's an ISTJ to me, sis thinks he's an INTJ. She rests the N on the fact that "he believes in fortune cookies.." (only one actually, that says he'd retire in old age in great comfort.. and that's only because my fortune cookie at the same time said "you need not worry about $$$"), and also on the fact that anyone who loves the sea and fishing cannot be an S. I rest the S on the fact that I think INTJs tend to be more confrontational and in your face, while I think ISTJs would be more peace-loving. *note, purely own opinions, don't shoot me* And dad's more peaceful in general. Also that N's would love the sea in theory and poetry, but I doubt they'd be out in the burning sun on a rocky boat?

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    What do people generally complain about in regards to you?
    I came here because of that rant on ENTP thread... well.. pretty much about everything there is somewhat in me.

    the worst charges I get:
    1. hypocrite / chameleon / manipulative.

    Perhaps I'd say, since young, I've had this ability to get along with almost everyone I want to get along with, and get people to go along on various ideas, serious or weird. Somehow, you are able to read what the others want/need, and you decide if you want to be that or not, and you are that. But then, the first set of people see you behave differently with another set (whom they may not get along with), and, they basically start wondering, ok, I don't really know this person then, while I like them, I cannot trust them (those with a sense of humour) / she's just two-faced, don't know her agenda (those without a sense of humour).

    'Tis also why I disagree with that charge of social machavellianism - machavellianism denotes some degree of deceit, dishonesty to gain control. But is it deceit to adapt to people/situations and know how to get them to get along? I see why it could appear that I am. But the worst part is, I never wanted any control in the first place, i.e. no hidden agendas other than just being me. So.. it kind of stinks to be hated for being you. *deflates*

    So to the person who said that deep down, ENTPs are deeply insecure, I find that is true... in that I'm secure until I start to realise that in truth, you're not really accepted for whom you are, but merely tolerated with a great degree of amusement / never really trusted. i.e. of those who don't hate you, they don't take you seriously.

    2. being interested in people only as an audience

    If I were, I'd just talk with a wall of (chained-up) puppies. As someone else said on that rant, it's the social interaction we crave, not attention per se? it is why I love my INTP. She actually gets that my randomness has a logic.

    3. lack consistency/stability.

    This is more like an inability to always be there for someone. Go through periods of emotional desert & lush forests as that post put it. But it's not like I love someone any less. It is just like if you go for a walk, a puddle comes up, you'd break off in mid-sentence to go spash for a bit then come back. But you do come back, but somehow, they seem to only notice the absences, but I need those absences and spells of wandering.

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Anyway... my guess is that they simply don't realize that the car is a threat immediately, because it isn't similar to the kind of threats they've adapted to face.
    These are urban birdies. i.e. they live on trees near the roads. But everyday I see them playing chicken. Maybe they're different birds but still.. =_=

    oh yes. and 4: the bad habit of typing horrendously long posts/holding long conversations if something engages me.

Similar Threads

  1. Does Asparagus make your pee smell funky?
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 04:02 PM
  2. Em eye en ess tee are ee el
    By Minstrel in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 03:36 PM
  3. Eye En Eff Pee
    By Silverwhisper in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 01:01 PM
  4. The Virtual Peeing Game!
    By JAVO in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO