User Tag List

Thread: Oh hai u guiz

Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Default Oh hai u guiz

I'm new to TC. I've browsed the forums plenty of times, then decided to step out and post.

I'm an IxFP. I think I lean slightly to the classification of ISFP but have a well-developed intuitive side as well. I seem to fit some of the stereotypes of a sensor:

• I'm an addict. If there's something I could be doing (or smoking, or drinking) in the current moment to make it better, I'll be very tempted to do it. I'm addicted to marijuana and nicotine, and sometimes I make sacrifices (especially financial ones) that hurt me down the road, just to feel good in the current moment. Feelings of addiction often overwhelm me. If there's not any weed around to smoke, I frequently crave something like caffeine, just any substance to make me feel "good." Not a fan of booze, however. In fact, most people who drink piss me off.

(One of my favorite things about marijuana and the reason I let myself do it frequently enough to get addicted is the way it seems to develop the other functions. For example, I definitely experienced a strong increase in my intuitive (N), thinking (T), and a slight increase in my judging (J) functions after becoming a "stoner." But that's another story for another thread.)
    • I learn best through practice and enjoy teachers that show practical application for how to do things.
    • I would rather edit a paper and fix all the grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors than write one from scratch. In fact, I usually find it hard to come up with solid subject matter if I have a school project or something.

On the other hand, I have a few traits that might line up with a stronger N side:

• I'm what you could call "dreamy." I like thinking inside my head. I remember as a child, spending time alone and day-dreaming. Then again, this could be attributed to my introverted feeling, right?
    • I look at the world and ponder things as an idealist. I wish we could achieve peace and prosperity. I care about all the people, all the animals, all the life, and wish for there to be less suffering and chaos. I understand we will never get there, but none the less I like to think about what we could be, and strive for it.
    • Hardcore (or just flat-out stupid) S people really annoy me. Sure, sensors can come up with some hilarious jokes/antics, and some fascinating topics for conversation. But most of the time they start with a semi-funny joke and take it way too far.

And I, for one, quite enjoy talk of spirituality, that which we cannot see, etc. It seems like sensors will often times dismiss such conversational topics, or speak on them and spew a load of uninspired garbage.

Furthermore, how come they miss sarcasm so much? I've never had that problem, and it seems like so many sensors just can't detect sarcasm at all! It sucks, too. Try to make a lighthearted joke like, "Boy, that sure sounds like a lot of fun! " and the person responds with, "No, it's not fun at all," thinking you were being literal.

Anyway, here I am. Hope to take part in some good discussions. Look forward to getting to know you all.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

o hai ser! Nice name

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENTP

O hai thar!
    My hope is to love the people I meet.

DON'T YOU DARE DISAPOINT ME.

Welcome. <3

Phantonym

Hello and welcome. Your user name has a nice ring to it, I would recommend people to say it out loud and fast a few times. Cool.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Hey there sketchymcsketcherso

Quote Originally Posted by sketchymcsketcherson View Post
    [LIST][*]I'm what you could call "dreamy." I like thinking inside my head. I remember as a child, spending time alone and day-dreaming. Then again, this could be attributed to my introverted feeling, right?
    Sounds pretty ISFP to me, my ISFP sis was about the dreamiest kid on the block when were were young.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Hey there sketchymcsketcherso

Sounds pretty ISFP to me, my ISFP sis was about the dreamiest kid on the block when were were young.
    I'd go for ISFP as well, largely on the basis of likeing hands on work.

Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Thanks for the welcome.

I think you guys are right about the ISFP part...