User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp

Default The Ocean Waves: a NF introduction

Hi,

I am new to this group, but have been reading about type for several years. Sevaral years ago I took the MBTI and found out that I am a NF idealist. I also found out that my dashing, action-oriented SP husband is on a totally different wave-length and was able to use that information to forge increased acceptance and cement a marriage which was not all that solid.
    We have a very happy marriage now, but I have to credit the MBTI for helping me accept and appreciate the different ways in which the types relate. My husband and I have 3 grown kids and live in a quaint Northwest beach community where I am a 3rd grade teacher.

I love going to the beach and hiking in the woods with my dogs. The natural world is always something that centers me. If it wasn't for my dogs waiting at the door with soulful eyes, I probably would miss out on many adventures, such as coming face to face with a black bear. Gotta love 'em! I posted on enfp_haven for several years, but would not say that I am an expert on type. I enjoy the MBTI because it helps me understand my family, my students and myself. I also enjoy Howard Gardner's theory on multiple intelligences. Both theories are useful ways to avoid making the mistake of trying to unnecessarily impose our views of what is normal onto others! It is my goal to understand Ne, Ni and similar functions more fully, and that is why I'll be reading all your posts and posting here and there when I have time.

Music_Educe

MBTI
    GONE

Welcome! Wow, lots more ENFPs are coming and I likey! I look forward to hearing more about your SP/NF relationship observations and comparing ENFP notes. There are definitely folks here who are into discussing functions and really know their type theory. For me, it has been quite interesting to hear from other types.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

as I read the title of your intro I just knew it was for an enfp..... there was a click there.

This is wonderful and funderful all at the same time

~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Hello and welcome =) You'll find lots of things to read at this place, and talk, if that interests you. Me, I mostly just read. Very introverted of me ^^

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hey there! Welcome, I hope you enjoy yourself here.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oooh... what type of dogs?

and hello!

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by music_educe View Post
    I love going to the beach and hiking in the woods with my dogs. The natural world is always something that centers me. If it wasn't for my dogs waiting at the door with soulful eyes, I probably would miss out on many adventures, such as coming face to face with a black bear. Gotta love 'em!
    Now I don't have a dog (I have a cat!), but oh, I SO relate to the need to be out in the natural world. If I didn't have nature, combined with my vacations/trips out of my everyday life, I'd die a slow death. ;-)

I'd love to come across a black bear sometime!! (without her cubs :-) I'm a birder myself.

Welcome! My wife is an EnFP, and I have had several bear encounters, one involving a "bear stampede" through a national park picnic area at lunchtime! Them thar bahrs is smart critters!

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome to MBTIcentral.

If you have any questions about MBTI feel free to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    Infx

Hiya! I'm so glad you were able to overcome obstacles in your marriage and family. I so think you deserve some credit for being willing to work at those things too.

I love being outside, too. It's definitely centering, like you said.

Welcome!
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.