User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Might as well introduce myself now

So where do I start with this? My name is Rob, I'm 20 (21 in 2 months, a fact that excites me and scares the shit out of me at the same time :/), I'm back in college after taking a couple years off to help work with the family business (ok technically I went to college for a semester at first but I failed all my classes after I stopped showing up to them completely...I've gotten better with the whole motivation thing now though).

I started learning slowly about MBTI about a year ago I'd say. I found it fascinating at first because it put into words what I was trying to my whole life because I just loved understanding what made people tick. I picked up Please Understand Me II about 5 months ago and started getting really into it and realized I had to learn everything I could about it. I'd like to major in Psychology because its my passion but there's a little pressure to take a more business-like major because of the fact that I'll eventually take over the family business. I might have to just keep Psychology as a side hobby.

Some fun facts?

- I'm an INTP. No doubt in my mind about that.
    - I'm a caffeine/energy drink addict.
    - I was a "professional" Halo player at one point and went to MLG tournaments for 4 years. I've only recently quit when I realized I just don't have time anymore like I did in high school. I'm just a really competitive person in general.
    - George Carlin is my idol.
    - I don't watch too much TV but I have an obsession with The Office (US). Jim is my fictional idol.
    - I have a deep passion for music. I have a very wide taste, but I most consistently listen to classic rock and 90s rock from when I was growing up. I can play guitar, bass, drums, and I'd like to learn more piano at some point.
    - I grew up with a single ENFP mom, and despite her drug problems and what we went through when I was younger I wouldn't trade her for any other mom in the world.
    - I love being a smartass. Pushing buttons with a smirk on my face is just my way of showing I care
    - I like to do some more "extreme" things you could say. I skydive regularly and I plan on going rock climbing in South Dakota sometime this Spring. I plan on finding more crazy things to do after that. I'm physically fit and I just like doing things like that while I still can.
    - This smiley is amazing . I hope I can use it often.

That's about it I guess. Questions? Comments? Complaints? "Fuck off dbag"? I'm in a particularly good mood this morning because I realized just before leaving for work that I didn't actually have to go to work today.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Skydiving INTPs are always welcome in my book!
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP

What can I say? I'm addicted to adrenaline rushes too

Phantonym

Hello, Rob. Welcome to the forums!

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy26 View Post
    - I have a deep passion for music. I have a very wide taste, but I most consistently listen to classic rock and 90s rock from when I was growing up. I can play guitar, bass, drums, and I'd like to learn more piano at some point.
    Cool! I play piano and I would like to learn the guitar bass and drums... I also want to learn to play the violin

That's about it I guess. Questions? Comments? Complaints? "Fuck off dbag"? I'm in a particularly good mood this morning because I realized just before leaving for work that I didn't actually have to go to work today.
    FUCK OFF D BAG! EVERYONE HATES YOU D<

actually, I love you and want to have your babies

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nescio View Post
    Cool! I play piano and I would like to learn the guitar bass and drums... I also want to learn to play the violin
    I'd like to just pick up instruments as I go along...the only problem is that once I start learning a new instrument I start to suck at the old ones because I completely stop playing them. I picked up my guitar for the first time in a year last week and I was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nescio View Post
    FUCK OFF D BAG! EVERYONE HATES YOU D<

actually, I love you and want to have your babies

Well hey at least there's someone who wants to have my babies...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

hi, welcome! also.. congrats for getting your motivation back! i struggle with it occasionally.
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy26 View Post
    Well hey at least there's someone who wants to have my babies...
    I am never alone in my opinions.

by the way, welcome.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome, glad to have you with us.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~