User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy26 View Post
    I'd like to major in Psychology because its my passion but there's a little pressure to take a more business-like major because of the fact that I'll eventually take over the family business. I might have to just keep Psychology as a side hobby.
    I wanted to major in Psychology too, but I don't think it's going to work out for me, either. It's definitely a side hobby of mine, though, and I've taken just about every Psychology/Sociology class offered as an elective at my school.

Welcome!

"The two most important forms of intelligence are the ability to read other people and the ability to understand oneself." -Bruce Pandolfini

"Feathers filled the small room. Our laughter kept the feathers in the air. I thought about birds. Could they fly is there wasn't someone, somewhere, laughing?"
    Jonathan Safran Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

So where do I start with this? My name is Rob, I'm 20 (21 in 2 months, a fact that excites me and scares the shit out of me at the same time :/), I'm back in college after taking a couple years off to help work with the family business (ok technically I went to college for a semester at first but I failed all my classes after I stopped showing up to them completely...I've gotten better with the whole motivation thing now though).

I started learning slowly about MBTI about a year ago I'd say. I found it fascinating at first because it put into words what I was trying to my whole life because I just loved understanding what made people tick. I picked up Please Understand Me II about 5 months ago and started getting really into it and realized I had to learn everything I could about it. I'd like to major in Psychology because its my passion but there's a little pressure to take a more business-like major because of the fact that I'll eventually take over the family business. I might have to just keep Psychology as a side hobby.

Some fun facts?

- I'm an INTP. No doubt in my mind about that.
    - I'm a caffeine/energy drink addict.
    - I was a "professional" Halo player at one point and went to MLG tournaments for 4 years. I've only recently quit when I realized I just don't have time anymore like I did in high school. I'm just a really competitive person in general.
    - George Carlin is my idol.
    - I don't watch too much TV but I have an obsession with The Office (US). Jim is my fictional idol.
    - I have a deep passion for music. I have a very wide taste, but I most consistently listen to classic rock and 90s rock from when I was growing up. I can play guitar, bass, drums, and I'd like to learn more piano at some point.
    - I grew up with a single ENFP mom, and despite her drug problems and what we went through when I was younger I wouldn't trade her for any other mom in the world.
    - I love being a smartass. Pushing buttons with a smirk on my face is just my way of showing I care
    - I like to do some more "extreme" things you could say. I skydive regularly and I plan on going rock climbing in South Dakota sometime this Spring. I plan on finding more crazy things to do after that. I'm physically fit and I just like doing things like that while I still can.
    - This smiley is amazing . I hope I can use it often.

That's about it I guess. Questions? Comments? Complaints? "Fuck off dbag"? I'm in a particularly good mood this morning because I realized just before leaving for work that I didn't actually have to go to work today.
    This is as amusing and funny as my whole day has been.

I never tell anyone to "fuck off", there are much better way to "handle" people you dislike, or that bother you.

But maybe some people are incapable of "getting along" with everyone.

I love long introductions.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by demimondaine View Post
    hi, welcome! also.. congrats for getting your motivation back! i struggle with it occasionally.
    Eh...its gotten better. Definitely not where I'd like it to be though. I just have the worst time trying to motivate myself when it comes to school. Luckily this past summer I met an ISFJ girl who cares waaaay more about my own schooling than I do so she's always pushing me to do well, and I don't want to disappoint her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nescio View Post
    I am never alone in my opinions.

by the way, welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Miserable View Post
    This is as amusing and funny as my whole day has been.

I never tell anyone to "fuck off", there are much better way to "handle" people you dislike, or that bother you.

But maybe some people are incapable of "getting along" with everyone.

I love long introductions.
    Oh but someone telling me to fuck off would just make it that much more entertaining don't you think? Life gets too stale otherwise.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

An INTP that skydives for an adrenaline rush!?! :crazy:

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

So where do I start with this? My name is Rob, I'm 20 (21 in 2 months, a fact that excites me and scares the shit out of me at the same time :/), I'm back in college after taking a couple years off to help work with the family business (ok technically I went to college for a semester at first but I failed all my classes after I stopped showing up to them completely...I've gotten better with the whole motivation thing now though).

I started learning slowly about MBTI about a year ago I'd say. I found it fascinating at first because it put into words what I was trying to my whole life because I just loved understanding what made people tick. I picked up Please Understand Me II about 5 months ago and started getting really into it and realized I had to learn everything I could about it. I'd like to major in Psychology because its my passion but there's a little pressure to take a more business-like major because of the fact that I'll eventually take over the family business. I might have to just keep Psychology as a side hobby.

Some fun facts?

- I'm an INTP. No doubt in my mind about that.
    - I'm a caffeine/energy drink addict.
    - I was a "professional" Halo player at one point and went to MLG tournaments for 4 years. I've only recently quit when I realized I just don't have time anymore like I did in high school. I'm just a really competitive person in general.
    - George Carlin is my idol.
    - I don't watch too much TV but I have an obsession with The Office (US). Jim is my fictional idol.
    - I have a deep passion for music. I have a very wide taste, but I most consistently listen to classic rock and 90s rock from when I was growing up. I can play guitar, bass, drums, and I'd like to learn more piano at some point.
    - I grew up with a single ENFP mom, and despite her drug problems and what we went through when I was younger I wouldn't trade her for any other mom in the world.
    - I love being a smartass. Pushing buttons with a smirk on my face is just my way of showing I care
    - I like to do some more "extreme" things you could say. I skydive regularly and I plan on going rock climbing in South Dakota sometime this Spring. I plan on finding more crazy things to do after that. I'm physically fit and I just like doing things like that while I still can.
    - This smiley is amazing . I hope I can use it often.

That's about it I guess. Questions? Comments? Complaints? "Fuck off dbag"? I'm in a particularly good mood this morning because I realized just before leaving for work that I didn't actually have to go to work today.
    Great introduction. I enjoyed reading. Welcome.

Bold Print: How awesome is that when that happens?
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I don't want to disappoint her.
    I'm sorry to hear that.

Oh but someone telling me to fuck off would just make it that much more entertaining don't you think? Life gets too stale otherwise.
    Yes, for conflict, those types are funny.

But I prefer to start "conflicts" other ways. Some of my ideas of conflict might not be the same as yours though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Welcome to the forum!

What's behind the user name?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

What's behind your pants?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Miserable View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    Um...alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Like how I got the user name? When I was 11 or 12 I started going to OzzFest for a few years, and that's what I made my screen name online. People called me Ozzy so eventually I changed it to that, and now I've just been too lazy to think of anything else. Its nothing special to me. I add a 26 because by birthday is 2/26.

Yep, lame I know