Thread: being typical

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Default being typical

I'm pretty happy that I've found this site.

So nice to read you! I'm new here.

A bit about myself.

I'm Elina. 5'6 tall, average weight and you can see my picture on the left side . I'm a high school student. Second year (I'm almost 18 now). Right now I'm on my exchange year in Denmark, but basically I live in a small country called Latvia which is located in the Eastern Europe, it has a coastline with Baltic Sea and land borderline with Russia, Estonia, Lithuania and Belarus. I live in a capital with a population a bit less than 1 million. It's boring, that's why I'm gonna move away someday

I guess it's useless to talk about my personality, because ENTP description matches it almost perfectly, except the thing that I would say that I got pretty good own unique style and sense of beauty and proportions. (oh i'm so arrogant- nvm ) Before I discovered this personality test thing, I thought that I'm really weird person and pretty unique, because people love to call me crazy and sometimes I really feel like crazy too. (Un)fortunately I discovered this ENTP thing and realized that in some way I'm not unique at all and maybe I even don't have any mental disorder

A bit about my hobbies and things I like (I'll still continue being typical and list them as a list) :

* I love almost any kind of music, but all this hard rock and metal stuff. I'm in love with radiohead and moby. I like some classical stuff too. My favourites are tchaikovsky, shostakovich and arvo part. Anyway if you're interested in my music, you can add me as a friend at last.fm, my username is iwannabeurdog (please, don't take personally ).
    * I love painting. I started to paint like a month ago and I can't stop now. Before this I was obsesed with drawing.
    * I dislike tomatoes.
    * I like advertising. I really do.
    * I dislike bad advertisements.
    * I like French movies.
    * I love good documentaries.
    * I think too logical, that's why people may think I'm cold hearted bitch.
    * I get bored easily.
    * I'm always having problems with boys and friends, I get bored with them easily.
    * I like having conversations with older people.
    * My IQ is only 109. What a shame.
    * I hate school, I really do. But it's a nice place where to show off your weirdness.
    * Teachers see me as a trouble.
    * I do horseriding.
    * I LOVE chocolate.
    * You can try to have a conversation with me in Latvian, English, Danish, Russian and French. Well you can try German too, but as I loved skipping German classes and took them only for one year, I'm sure that without google translator I won't be able to survive

That's all. Feel free to ask me some questions!

Oh and sorry for my bad English.
    Last edited by theadoor; 12-10-2009 at 08:05 PM.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Hello gorgeous .. *Salutes* .. Welcome aboard.

I'll save the questions for another day, lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Welcome!

Your English is good.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Thanks saslou! Should I prepare my answers today?
    nebbykoo, thanks, and the thing about my English is that even tho I've been practicing it kinda a lot in past half an year, I still feel pretty insecure among people, whose mother language is English.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

don't worry about the IQ, it really doesn't matter.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Welcome, and thanks for welcoming me.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by theaferist View Post
    Thanks saslou! Should I prepare my answers today?
    nebbykoo, thanks, and the thing about my English is that even tho I've been practicing it kinda a lot in past half an year, I still feel pretty insecure among people, whose mother language is English.
    I know! I have sevaral friends from Europe who all went through that stage. It's natural...
    But you're doing really well. Don'y let it worry you. People will ask if they're confused by something you say.

tchaikovsky, shostakovich and arvo part? Those are some very different composers. Three different eras. I love Tchaikovsky's sense of melody, and Shostakovich's power. I only know the piece called "Fratres" by Arve Part, which is really beautiful. He's from your area, right?

Anyway, welcome to the boards. Enjoy!

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Thanks!! And nebbykoo, exactly. I chose them to show how different types of music I like. I cant listen to the same type of music all the time, because it just gets me bored. And I would say that Tchaikovsky was a real talent, his ballets are awesome, can listen to them anytime, and even though they made structurally different type of music I would put him even higher than Mozart. Shostakovich music is really uhmm with style (sophisticated maybe) I guess and, yeah, I agree with you it has a lot of power in it. Anyway, I guess it may be because of the area where I come from, but I find Russian classical music way more attractive than fx German or French. I feel it's more sentimental and with more soul in it, if you know what I mean. Arvo Part comes from Estonia, which is neighbor country of Latvia. And I think it's also because we come from the same area I find his music emotionally really close. Fratres is really good too, but my favorites are still Fur Alina and Spiegel im Spiegel. He is one of the rare composers which choir music I can listen to. Actually, I think I can say that he's my absolute favorite now.

YouTube - Mara Zambrano Arvo Prt Fr Alina

YouTube - Arvo Part - "Spiegel im Spiegel'

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hey there, welcome. ENTPs are pretty sweet.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Sniffles

I take it they don't teach you Russian anymore, what with the Soviet Union collasping. Anyways...Welcome!

It's always nice to see more East Europeans here.