User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: -raises hand-

MBTI
    ISTP

Default -raises hand-

Um, hi. I'm Firey, some random student who took an interest in the whole personality thingy and here I am due to the fact that the people in my own "out of Internet life" aren't interested in MBTI stuff much. Or at all, anyway. And also because I was intrigued by the forums too. ^^

My own friends don't find this whole "personality thing" that exciting. -makes a face- They'll just go "Oh, here comes what's her name again, spouting about MBTI and story books that we'll probably never read in a thousand years." Then they take cover.

'Nuff about my friends though.

I'm sixteen, an avid reader, sometimes writer, and a bit of a crazy person as well. xD

-identifies herself as an ISTP and two of her closer friends seem to be ENFPs supposedly-

Due to my lack of indepth knowledge about MBTI stuff (the very technical jargon and all that jazz, I suppose? ), I fear I shall only be able to contribute to the forums by yakking random stuff and spewing in personal experiences. But I hope that I can still say something helpful, and whatnot.

And it's nice to meet you guys. -waves-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Eh, don't worry too much, we've all lost our marbles here in some way. Welcome to the nuthouse.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP

Heya, runvardh. Oh, a nuthouse suits me just fine. xD ...But I like my marbles though. Scattering or not scattered anyway. In whichever state, they're still marbles. -nods solemnly-

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Glad to have you, Firey, and thanks for letting you know you're here.

What are you some of your favorite books?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP

Jennifer: Thanks for the welcome. ^^

Well, I'm currently re-reading the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman, and I also like the Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud. The Dream Merchant by Isabel Hoving is a good read too. <3

Yeah, I like my fantasy stories. xD

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by Firey View Post
    some random student who took an interest in the whole personality thingy and here I am due to the fact that the people in my own "out of Internet life" aren't interested in MBTI stuff much. Or at all, anyway. And also because I was intrigued by the forums too.
    Sounds like myself.

Hello and welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ISTP

Falcarius:

Nice to see we have something in common.

And hullo to you too. -waves as well-

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Firey View Post
    Well, I'm currently re-reading the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman,
    ah gee... I *really* need to finish that series... I have been stalling.

and I also like the Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud. The Dream Merchant by Isabel Hoving is a good read too. <3
    I have seen the covers for Bartimaeus but don't recognize the others. still, my eldest son has read many series (he's currently reading my big copy of LotR and complaining about how boring the Two Towers section is, which I can empathize with ), so maybe he'd be interested in these.

I like how many series/books are available nowadays to teens. When I was a teen, my available fantasy selections were a little different:

- Lord of the Rings
    - Chronicles of Narnia
    - Earthsea (LeGuin)
    - Wrinkle in Time (L'Engle)
    - Xanth (Piers Anthony)
    - Thomas Covenant (Donaldson)
    - Shannara (Terry Brooks)

...and some others. Have you heard of most of these, or have they vanished mostly by now?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP

-recommends the Bartimaeus Trilogy if a lively and witty first person perspective is favored by reader- <3 I found it excellent, though the second book in the series, The Golem's Eye, got a little draggy because there was less of the main character of said first person perspective. In other words, Bartimaeus, or Bart rather. xD -finds "Bart" easier to type-

Well, I did have another go at The Lord of the Rings this year ( since I failed miserably when I was about ten years old the last time. xD ) and managed it succesfully, even though the long and chunky descriptions of the surroundings got a little tedious at certain parts. I've also gone through some of the titles in the Chronicles of Narnia, though I've skipped a few books in there. -bonks head-

Yes to A Wrinkle in Time by L'Engle as well ( sad that she passed away this year or something though. >.> ), and I am planning to read some of her other books too. I've heard of Earthsea by LeGuin, though I haven't given them a whirl myself. Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of the other series that you listed.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Very pleased to meet you, Firey!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic