User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Play with lint

MBTI
    isxp

Default Play with lint

Hi everyone! I have hung out at the INFP, INTJ, and INTP forums for a couple of months each, but I don't think I am extremely any of those "types" to feel comfortable enough to post in any of them. Anyway, a cool INTP from INTPc directed me here. I have known and researched the MBTI for a year now, and I can't believe that I haven't stumbled upon this forum before today!

Anyway, here are some things about me to break the ice :P

-I prefer to draw or do things to communicate ideas rather than write or talk about it.
    -I am willing to travel the world to go on every roller coaster there is!
    -I can't stop looking up random things on the internet. For example: I was wondering why sometimes the closest entrance to a building from the parking lot have signs that read "use other door", and why emergency exit doors have signs that say "do not open"... even though I had an idea of why, I just had to search up 'emergency exit doors' anyway.

Here is what I found from a wikipedia page on emergency exit doors

Fire fighters have cited overzealous guards who told people during a fire that they are not allowed to use emergency exits. The practice is actually quite common in the absence of fires, as well. Some skyscrapers have stairwells with standard emergency exit signs on each door, which then lock upon closing. Users of these stairwells are trapped, whether they know or do not know that the only door that opens from the inside is the one on the ground floor. A further problem becoming very common in the USA (2005) is that retail stores at night close one of their main entrance/exits through makeshift heavy metal barriers, signage, paper notes, or junk placed in front of the exits. Some actually lock their exits. A large array of signage and mechanical exit systems have also been devised, including signage that says contradictorily, "This is not an exit," "Do not use this exit," or warning users that a heavy penalty will be assessed for non-emergency use. Some systems do not allow the exit to be opened until the user signals the intention to exit (through a button or lever) for some amount of time, such as 20 seconds. It is also common for these exits to remain completely locked until somebody tests them.

-A while ago, I was wondering about thread count in linens, and if having a higher thread count necessarily means that it is softer. Then, I actually went to a Bed, Bath, and Beyond store to test thread counts for myself, LOL.
    -I love reading. I will read almost anything in front of me.
    -Recently, I have started reading works by several philosophers. I don't know why I am attracted to existentialism.
    -I am deeply interested in philosophy, but I haven't taken any philosophy courses yet. Where should I start?!

Okay, that's it! Before the list gets even longer...

MBTI
    INFP

Hi mate. Welcome.

[insert obligatory navel joke here]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hello, pocket lint. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

What is "lint" exactly? I know it's found in pockets, but what is it?

You seem to be an IxTP for some reason. What do the rest of you think?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Lint is what kept the Confederacy in socks during the Civil War! (There's a silly random fact for you, Mr. PocketLint...)
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Hello, pocket lint. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

What is "lint" exactly? I know it's found in pockets, but what is it?

You seem to be an IxTP for some reason. What do the rest of you think?
    I think fun xNFx
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Have you done the 8 function test? Do you know what these are? It might help a lot if you haven't seen this yet.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I like playing with lint! *lights a match and giggles*

Welcome to the nuthouse.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

wow- there are other people out there who compulsively research things that spark their interests?! (like earlier today when I went through all of the state laws to count how many states forbid oral sex!) YAY!! This makes me happy!

Hello!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    wow- there are other people out there who compulsively research things that spark their interests?! (like earlier today when I went through all of the state laws to count how many states forbid oral sex!) YAY!! This makes me happy!

Hello!
    and what was the answer?
    C.S. Lewis

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I got to 27 states before getting distracted. I'll have to finish up later. I do know that oral sex is illegal in my state though!