User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 82

Thread: Play with lint

  1. #71
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    (and this is coming to you from someone who tends to end up in chat threads! )
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #72
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,126

    Default

    ok- saying that probably makes me some sort of hardcore hypocrite!

  3. #73
    Senior Member DaRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFJ
    Posts
    100

    Default

    In response to pocket lint...you're welcome. I had nothing better to do. I know that the reliability of MBTI is suspect, but I still prefer to be assigned a type. I don't know why. That's why my ST/NF problem annoys me.

  4. #74
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ok- saying that probably makes me some sort of hardcore hypocrite!
    I like hypocrisy. It tastes like purple.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  5. #75
    Senior Member mcmartinez84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    and sometimes the professor sends back your paper with a "write more" written on it for doing so!
    Amen!!! I almost always get told to "elaborate" on things D:
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

  6. #76
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    The last time I was told to elaborate on an English paper, I used the F-word. I don't think that was the desired outcome. ;p
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  7. #77
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,126

    Default

    Professors just won't buy the "but I covered everything you told me to!" argument most of the time!

    I'm always the first one to finish essay tests because I write so little- I still get As (probably because the professor wasn't stuck being bored reading it!) so I guess that's all that matters!

  8. #78
    Senior Member mcmartinez84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    The last time I was told to elaborate on an English paper, I used the F-word. I don't think that was the desired outcome. ;p
    I might take that course of action if told to "elaborate" in the future

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Professors just won't buy the "but I covered everything you told me to!" argument most of the time!
    So true. I hate that they don't tell me everything they want to know. Like in History... They ask about how some civilization or warmonger fell and I tell them quite frankly it's because they had a flaw in their last battle (or whatever it was). I feel like that's *the* reason they fell. But nooooo, I have to go back 10's, 100's or 1000's of years and explain that previous societies had ingrained this I-don't-know-what into the current one and that the present leader had a fight with his best friend when they were 8 years old and *somehow* that lead to the ultimate downfall of some dude. I just don't think that way, and the question certainly didn't tell me to do so. D:
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

  9. #79
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    So true. I hate that they don't tell me everything they want to know.
    That makes me crazy too. I was once forced through one of the worst compulsory cultural enrichment courses EVER. I didn't mind the subject of human history and the history of technology. Sounded great. However, the woman teaching it had NO CLUE what she was talking about. I had never before experienced boredom so extreme that I felt my IQ rolling backward with eyes as I lapsed into a coma! She ended every sentence with "... and many other technological advances".

    EVERY. SENTENCE.

    I heard one of the rednecks from my diesel class at the back of the class drawl through a lip full of tobacco, "What the hell IS this?!" out of sheer confusion. The guy who was meant to keep me awake fell asleep constantly. And the only way I got through the class with my sanity (it was that inane and devoid of ANY factual relevance, and normally I can find something interesting in even the most boring of subjects) was because my ENTP punk friend kept grinning at me from across the aisle, sticking his hand up and asking the teacher a string of daft questions like "Excuse me! Dr. Scoggins! Did you say the cotton gin? Does that make gin out of cotton? I missed that part and I want to be VERY VERY detailed. Start from the beginning."
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  10. #80
    Don't pet me. JAVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    Amen!!! I almost always get told to "elaborate" on things D:
    Can you elaborate?

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    The last time I was told to elaborate on an English paper, I used the F-word. I don't think that was the desired outcome. ;p
    Can you elabora... um, well never mind! :eek:

Similar Threads

  1. Play With Me
    By Domino in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 02:38 AM
  2. Playing with Google trends
    By Quinlan in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 10:53 AM
  3. Toys You Still Play With
    By ladypinkington in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 06:19 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Do INFJs play with characters like INFPs do
    By 527468 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 08:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO