User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Play with lint

MBTI
    isxp

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Hi mate. Welcome.

[insert obligatory navel joke here]
    Hey, I actually clean my bellybutton so that there is no lint accumulating there! TMI? :P

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    What is "lint" exactly? I know it's found in pockets, but what is it?
    I like what PinkPiranha said about lint. If you are serious about the question... pocket lint = a combination of detached fabric, dust, paper scraps

From wikipedia: As pocket lint is an amalgam of the contents of the pockets, pocket lint can be helpful when determining if drugs have been previously stored in the pockets, by testing it with various drug tests. (LOL, I was serious when I said that I like to research everything)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Lint is what kept the Confederacy in socks during the Civil War! (There's a silly random fact for you, Mr. PocketLint...)
    LOL! I keep reading that over and over again, and it makes me laugh every time. By the way, it's Miss Pocket Lint.

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I think fun xNFx
    Why do you think I could be an NF?

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Have you done the 8 function test? Do you know what these are? It might help a lot if you haven't seen this yet.
    Yup, I have taken that test and about a dozen other tests. I have read through detailed descriptions of each function, the ones written by Linda Berens.

My results from a test taken today:
    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) (38.7) excellent use
    introverted Sensing (Si) (35.4) good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) (33.5) good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) (31.5) good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) (31) good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (30.3) good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) (22.1) limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) (17.3) limited use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP

It also said that I could be ESFP or ISTP, *shrugs*

---

I have a night class to attend, so I will finish responding in a couple of hours! Thanks for the welcome, everyone!
    Last edited by pocket lint; 11-08-2007 at 03:23 AM.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by pocket lint View Post
    LOL! I keep reading that over and over again, and it makes me laugh every time. By the way, it's Miss Pocket Lint.

ROFL!! Oh lordy... I apologize. I thought about the Ms./Mr. thing as soon as I posted it, but now it's confirmed: I'm a dinkus. lol I get called "sir" a lot too. Must be time for me to shave.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP

Howdy!

I read, read, read all the time, too! The Internet is such a wonderful resource... I could be on it 24/7 just by researching anything that jumps in my head.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    isxp

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Welcome to the nuthouse.
    Thanks Honestly, it does seem a bit chaotic here...

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    wow- there are other people out there who compulsively research things that spark their interests?! (like earlier today when I went through all of the state laws to count how many states forbid oral sex!) YAY!! This makes me happy!

Hello!
    Hahaha, that's awesome! We need to make a thread full of these kinds of discoveries or something

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    So do you throughly enjoy picto-chat, then? XD
    I didn't know about picto-chat until now. It does look like fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    I have a handful of existential books my friend sent me. Sadly, I haven't gotten to read them yet. But it is certainly an intriguing topic! Have you read Conversations With God or The Celestine Prophecy yet?
    So far, I've been reading more of the atheistic existentialist works.

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I grab different organic chemistry group names/prefixes and smash a few together in a google search to see what I get. Found a few proteins, some poisons/carcinogens... Lots of fun

PS: stay away from Benzyl thiocyanate
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Plundering the dictionary is fun. And I have a mania for etymology that's pretty acute. Looks like we're all in good company, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Howdy!

I read, read, read all the time, too! The Internet is such a wonderful resource... I could be on it 24/7 just by researching anything that jumps in my head.
    Hmmm... so I guess me being all over the net is considered "normal" around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Welcome.
    Hi! I like how I get a simple welcome from you Thank you.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

When I was little I used to remove my dad's bellybutton lint at the end of each day, then tickle him so that he would cry out in surprise, whereupon I would stick the lint into his open mouth and run away laughing.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    isxp

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    When I was little I used to remove my dad's bellybutton lint at the end of each day, then tickle him so that he would cry out in surprise, whereupon I would stick the lint into his open mouth and run away laughing.
    I'm not really sure what to say to that.... LOL

I like playing with pocket lint better. Removing bellybutton lint hurts sometimes.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by pocket lint View Post
    Hi! I like how I get a simple welcome from you Thank you.

I'm too timid to come up with anything else, unless I can make an obvious comment about someone's type.
    You're welcome.

MBTI
    ISTP

Hey Pocket Lint!!
    I'm definitely an ISTP (soooometimes leaning to ISTJ). I love looking things up online! The Internet is pretty much my best friend.
    Anyway, you seem a little different from me, I'm guessing one of the other two types would be a better match. (And I'll add that different is good, 'cause I oftentimes end up disliking my own type in other people )

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    That's hilarious!
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    isxp

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84
    Hey Pocket Lint!!
    I'm definitely an ISTP (soooometimes leaning to ISTJ). I love looking things up online! The Internet is pretty much my best friend.
    Anyway, you seem a little different from me, I'm guessing one of the other two types would be a better match. (And I'll add that different is good, 'cause I oftentimes end up disliking my own type in other people )
    Hi!
    I couldn't help but look through your postings. You mentioned that you are a statistics major... A couple of months ago, I was actually considering switching my major to stats or just get a Bachelor's to be able to teach secondary school! I didn't because 1) it would mean that I'd have to spend more time in school since I should have been working towards the major starting freshman year 2) if I did decide to go through with it, the rest of my classes would have no variety 3) I like doing math, but not enough to revolve my life around it

Yeah, I don't think I am an ISTP either. I can relate to every IxxP type, though. I am comfortable being borderline. Honestly, I don't think a preference for S/N and F/T exists for me... I can see things from most perspectives.

MBTI
    ISTP

[QUOTE=pocket lint;70866]A couple of months ago, I was actually considering switching my major to stats or just get a Bachelor's to be able to teach secondary school! I didn't because...[QUOTE]

So what major did you pick?

Honestly, Stats as an undergrad major is pretty cool, but to do the real stats jobs, I'll have to get a masters. I'm certainly not planning on a masters just yet. It's a near-future option if I can't get a job (which is unlikely). Maybe someday in the distant future I'll consider coming back to school. As of now, I'm sick of it and I can't wait to get out.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%