User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

My name is Mark or more fully Mark Daniel, and I've been testing personality sorters for well into ten years now. After much self-reflection, I can't help but conclude that the tests are most accurate in only two dimensions for myself and perhaps for many others. When I began the testing, my result was INFJ. Then, INFP, and later INTP. Then INTJ, ENTJ, then INFJ, INTJ, INFJ, INTJ, INFJ, INFJ, and now INFP. After analyzing my own responses, the average would be INxJ. Though, I am more content with the a INxx designation as it more accurately represents my preferences in nearly all situations, for the purpose of this community, I'll bring it down to INxJ. Hopefully, everyone is reading this in good health.

Oh and before I forget, what brought me to MBTI Central was an 'INxx, temperament' Google search and finding TenebrousReflection's welcome and all the humorous responses. Au revoir.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Welcome!

I hope you enjoy the forums here and discover more about your type. I find these boards have a certain way of enlightening the confused and confusing the enlightened.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Wink

Welcome to MBTI Central.

Here at MBTI Central you will learn how to successfully achieve psychoanalysis on your companions, and more importantly you will learn how to perform psychological warfare on your enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Thank you, both of you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Eternue-MDL View Post
    My name is Mark or more fully Mark Daniel, and I've been testing personality sorters for well into ten years now. After much self-reflection, I can't help but conclude that the tests are most accurate in only two dimensions for myself and perhaps for many others. When I began the testing, my result was INFJ. Then, INFP, and later INTP. Then INTJ, ENTJ, then INFJ, INTJ, INFJ, INTJ, INFJ, INFJ, and now INFP. After analyzing my own responses, the average would be INxJ. Though, I am more content with the a INxx designation as it more accurately represents my preferences in nearly all situations, for the purpose of this community, I'll bring it down to INxJ. Hopefully, everyone is reading this in good health.

Oh and before I forget, what brought me to MBTI Central was an 'INxx, temperament' Google search and finding TenebrousReflection's welcome and all the humorous responses. Au revoir.
    Hello, Eternue-MDL. Welcome to MBTI Central.

I know where you're coming from. But generally I and N are most important to INTJ's and INFJ's. And INFJ's tend to be confused more often... but you could be an INTJ. It all depends on whether you use more Ti & Fe, or Fi & Te.

Read this:

Cracking the Personality Type Code

You're right, athenian200, but just to a point. After reading that very helpful link, I think I understand where the confusion had come from. As you said, Ni is very significant to me. However, I find myself, based on the information provided, oscillating between Ti and Fi quite often. It may be for this reason that INTP and INFP results will occasionally come to the surface. While growing up, I've always felt a dichotomy and schism within myself. There were external influences to be sure, but innate motivations existed in both the sciences and faith, for instance. I sound a bit whiny, and I don't mean to as it's a very rich and sometimes overwhelming point of view, yet as I grow older, these sorts of conflict between being cool-headed and tender-hearted are easing as I have become far more comfortable being both and accepting that most people will only see one of the other based on the circumstances at hand. Even considering my choice of toys, they were either robotic or plush...

Thank you, athenian200. Getting me to reflect upon myself in lieu of new information was a major goal on here (and so was reading the responses of active members such as yourselves as I find them more often than not entertaining yet informative.)

MBTI
    INTJ

Welcome.

I find the probability of you fitting in to be quite high based on the information you have given.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Welcome aboard! Glad you're here.

No, you'll not be getting anything witty or whatnot from me.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFP

Welcome! (No matter what test I try, I'm a steady INFP)
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sorry it took me this long to give you an "official" welcome, Mark.... so WELCOME.

I appreciate your posts that I've read elsewhere this morning. They've been very insightful and I hope that you're able to keep participating.

What other personality sorters have you looked at over the years, and what is your general opinion of them? (This could actually a thread of interest in the main part of the forums, not just in the Welcome area, if you haven't started one already.)

And I have to admit that the reason you gave for finding MBTIc was unique and totally unexpected. "License to Be Silly" is hereby extended to the membership at large.

so...btw, if you had a pet manatee, what color would it and what would you name it, and what approach to philosophy would you teach it?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft