User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Hi everyone!

MBTI
    INTP

Smile Hi everyone!

Hi everyone! I'm a female INTP in college. When not studying (which is most of the time) I like to read lots of random books about science and technology, psychology, animal behavior, evolution, history, art, pretty much everything. I love drawing, listening to music, watching too much Youtube, overanalysing everything, and listening to the random dialogue/music that's going on in my head.

The conversation in this forum looks very interesting...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Welcome, Ama, we're glad to have you here. You'll definitely fit in.

What is the best book about science, technology, psychology, animal behavior, evolution, history, and art that you've ever read; and if you could have drawn flip cartoons in the top corners of the pages, what would you have illustrated?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Ama! Welcome aboard and I hope you'll enjoy our little abode.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ama View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm a female INTP in college. When not studying (which is most of the time) I like to read lots of random books about science and technology, psychology, animal behavior, evolution, history, art, pretty much everything. I love drawing, listening to music, watching too much Youtube, overanalysing everything, and listening to the random dialogue/music that's going on in my head.

Hello, ama. Welcome to MBTI Central. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about MBTI or general psychology.

That's all very interesting. You're certainly an INxx from that description, likely a P, and don't quite sound like an INFP... so you probably are an INTP.

What seemed most interesting about this forum?

How do you deal with tests if you don't study?

What books are you reading now?

MBTI
    INTP

Thanks for saying hi! My favorite books are The Blank Slate by Stephen Pinker, The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins, and Next of Kin by Roger Fouts (about Washoe the signing chimpanzee). It's hard to pick favorite books!

I just read The Singularity Is Near by Ray Kurzweil - not sure if his speculations will come true, but they're some really interesting ideas to think about.

What I like about this forum is how interesting the conversations are - no one seems afraid of going in-depth about things. People here seem very fun and intelligent.

Hmm, drawing a flipbook on the pages? It'd probably be a little dancing cartoon dude or something like that.

How do I take tests without studying? Well, usually I DO study, but if I don't know what the answer is, I'll BS it as well as possible...that's all you can do, really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

hi, welcome

Quote Originally Posted by ama View Post

Welcome.... sounds like a fun and diverse set of interests.

Have you decided on what you're going to major in yet? *smirk*

If you had to read a psychology book by either BF Skinner or Albert Bandura, which would you choose?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Hi Ama! I definitely share some of your interests - I took some evolution and animal behavior classes in college, and have read some nonfiction on those subjects. But I tend to read mostly fiction these days.

I love your avatar!

MBTI
    INTP

I love your avatar!
    Thanks!

Have you decided on what you're going to major in yet? *smirk*
    Psychology - I know, EVERYONE wants to major in it, but I seriously want to study it in grad school with the goal of doing research. I'm not really wanting to be a therapist, though that would definitely be interesting.

If you had to read a psychology book by either BF Skinner or Albert Bandura, which would you choose?
    Bandura. He did the Bobo experiment, right? The social-learning stuff is a lot more interesting than Skinner's behaviorism research, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]