User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    IN?P

Cool A newbie I am...

(apologies in advance for the length of this post, I don't usually write long introductions about myself but I just drank a ton of caffine and this has been on my mind for a while. /disclaimer)

All right, well I'm turning 16 in one hour and how do I celebrate? By joining Typologycentral. I'm so exciting.

I guess I'll introduce myself... I've always had a fascination with psychology so it wasn't surprising that I became very interested in the whole concept of personality types. I had already made mental notes of re-occurring "personalities" and roles that I'd see occur in different groups of people, but it wasn't nearly as well thought out as MBTI, heh... I guess I was on the right track, though!

So the first time I took the test I scored as an INFP, and my first reaction was "That doesn't seem accurate at all.", so I blew it off. But then on a whim I decided to pursue it some more and read about INFPs from different sources to get a better idea of what it really meant to be INFP, and after a while it seemed like that's what fit.

But to make sure my result was as accurate as possible, I started taking a number of other tests to see if my results would vary at all. I was surprised to see that I seemed to get INTP more than once in a while. I had read about this type before and considered it as well, but I had settled for INFP instead. Now I'm not so sure. I think I might have mistaken being a feeling type for simply being emotional, which of course isn't exclusive to feeling types. It feels weird mentioning this in my first post, but I do suffer from depression and possibly some co morbid disorders that could influence how I make decisions as well, and so my decision making process may be more influenced by my feelings at this point in my life than any other time, and my 'default' personality is more thinking-oriented. (is this a possibility?)

Ehh, either way I seem to score as a low thinking type or a low feeling type. I simply have no idea, and it's annoying that I'm still uncertain about my type, but I guess it's no big deal.

...All right, I'm rambling. ANYWAY.

I was hesitant to join this forum, seeing as I don't see MBTI as the be-all-and-end-all way of defining people, and I was concerned that people here might be a little too obsessive or stereotype people based on their type, but after lurking for a while I see that isn't really the case, so I signed up. You guys seem cool! lol

But I still might leave suddenly, because I have a tendency to do that on forums I join. (with the exception of a certain anonymous imageboard, but that's different :P)

Anyway, hi!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't care what they say about you shadowself17, in my book your aaaalllllright
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    IN?P

Yay, thank you!
    "I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people." - John Lennon

MBTI
    ENFP

Hiya! hug! Welcome
    Holy sh**t a talking muffin!

All shotguns and lace.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome, glad to have you aboard.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Phantonym

Welcome to the forums!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Welcome to these forums. May they provide a healthy environment for your burgeoning brain and your searching soul.

Also, you're incredibly intelligent. I'm impressed by that.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    intp

Welcome. Are you Shadow Self or Shadows Elf?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    IN?P

Thanks for the welcomes, everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    Welcome to these forums. May they provide a healthy environment for your burgeoning brain and your searching soul.

Also, you're incredibly intelligent. I'm impressed by that.
    Wow, thank you. :blushing:

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    Welcome. Are you Shadow Self or Shadows Elf?
    Haha, I never noticed that it could be interpreted that way before. It's supposed to be Shadow Self.
    "I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people." - John Lennon

MBTI
    ENTP

Hi.

ur dumb.